Menu

need menu ideas....

ProudGrandma

Tabouli, hummus, pita, and carrot and celery sticks.

Pasta salad.

Chicken salad.

Chinese chicken salad (the ramen and mandarin oranges one)

Mexican chicken salad

Tacos (everyone always likes tacos)

Grilled meat with some sort of side dishes.

Veggies, fruit, cheese and crackers.

Usually just slice up a cucumber and a tomato, maybe some baby carrots and snap peas.

Add some sliced apples, grapes, watermelon,

Dice some cheese, throw out some crackers or chips or pretzels.

Done LOL.

Dessert is berries with cream and granola, or with ice cream.

If we have friends over we'll add some sliced pepperoni or cold cuts or bread slices for sandwiches.

Breakfast for dinner (usually French toast & bacon; could be pancakes, waffles, ebelskiver, omelettes)

Make your own sandwich (the girls are now into making panini on our cuisinart griddler with ham and shredded mozzarella)

Grilled anything (chicken, steak, pizza, french bread, veggies, burgers, hot dogs)

• Like 1

Taco salad (keep some taco meat frozen for hot days), BLTs, and scrambled eggs and toast are frequent choices. I also like to grill a bunch of chicken breasts and eat them throughout the week cold- in a salad or like last night, mixed with homegrown tomatoes and avocados. 

I tend to make a big mixed grill on the weekend, and then sides that work well to mix and match. So I might grill chicken, burgers, hot dogs/bratwurst, hot sausage patties, boneless ribs, vidalia onion halves, and peppers. Frequent sides are green salad, fruit salad, baked beans, coleslaw, pasta salad, white bean salad, black bean salad, potato salad, and hummus with veggie dippers. I just grab various combinations and microwave as needed throughout the week. I also cook down chicken in the crockpot to shred and serve with nachos, make chicken salad, or top green salad. Boneless pork ribs in the crockpot can be shredded for sandwiches and to serve on nachos or as taco filling.

• Like 1

This is my go-to summer meal

https://www.pamperedchef.com/recipe/Appetizers+%26+Snacks/American/Cool+Veggie+Pizza/9658

One of the kids favorites

https://www.pamperedchef.com/recipe/Main+Dishes/American/Summertime+Spaghetti/585008

Haven't made this one I awhile but it's darn good

https://www.pamperedchef.com/recipe/Appetizers+%26+Snacks/Indian/Curried+Chicken+Lettuce+Wraps/40071

Anything grilled, sandwiches, Chinese chicken salad, chicken salad lettuce wraps.

Also, I don't just eat pampered chef recipes, but their stuff does tend to be very easy and hot weather friendly. :rofl:

Breakfast for dinner - panfry some sausages, make pancakes, etc.

Or - Indian food. I get Swad brand, nuke it, and eat. We are having it tonight, in fact.

Rotisserie chicken from your fav store, then make some sides like tater or pasta salad, maybe ratatouille

or have an ice cream bar and call it a night :-)

Edited by JFSinIL
  • Like 1

I grill a lot in the summer. Grilled hamburgers, shish kebob, chicken, veggies on skewers. I like to marinate mushrooms and peppers in a mixture of 1/3 soy sauce, 1/3 honey and 1/4 oil before grilling. Same with chicken. The longer it marinates, the better. I also get those little cans of white potatoes, sprinkle them with a little Lowry's salt and grill them.

Lately, I've been experimenting with salads (see my salad dressing recipe thread). Last night, I cut up tomatoes, cucumber, red onion and a green pepper, sprinkled feta cheese on it and poured greek dressing over it. We had that with a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store. Today, I'm grilling chicken for the week and then I am going to make a couple of different dressings so that we can have salad a few times this week.