Menu

Jigsaw Puzzle tables

Home'scool

Soon I will be moving into my new space (single life, here I come!) and I want to set up a permanent spot for a jigsaw puzzle. I love doing them and in the past have done them on the kitchen table, but that means that no one can eat there for about 4 months!

Does anyone have a permanent table for something like this? I was thinking something out of the way but inviting in its own way so that when people come over they will be tempted to have a seat and work on it for a bit.

We have done several puzzles over the winter, and have just had a folding table that gets pushed to the wall, and brought back out into the middle of the room when needed.  I wonder if a large coffee table would work - you could have a table sized piece of plexi-glass or something that could sit on the unfinished puzzle so you can still use the coffee table, too.

Fun idea!

I am trying to think of something permanent that could just always be out, like a puzzle corner. I think maybe I will have to look for a small kitchen table and two chairs or something like that. It would need to be large enough to fit a 2000 piece puzzle but not take up a huge amount of space

We usually use one very large foam board (3' x 4') for assembling the puzzle and smaller foam boards (20" x 30") for sorting/holding the pieces.  Then we can carry the puzzle and pieces around and stack them away when we need the table space.

Dd has a puzzle board for 1000 piece puzzles which she loves. Our neighbours have a wide assortment of puzzle boxes which are great (dd borrows theirs). Neighbours are serious about jigsaws and have a room filled with them and like the boxes best for actual works in progress because they can easily remove their puzzles from the path of visitors.