Menu

Homeschoolers version of "the dog ate my homework"

We once had "The mouse ate my science demonstration."

We had put pieces of dry and damp bread in well-lit and dark places. Checked two days later and a mouse had chewed through the bag and eaten all the bread in the dark drawer. Oops.

Maybe you should have changed the project to how long does it take for bread to attract rodents. LOL

(And probably slightly better than my best friend growing up, whose toddler brother got into her room and dumped her science project which was a bunch of white mice!)

• Like 1

"3/4 of my goldfish for the operant training science experiment died after I spent weeks training them to do a swim routine."  Yup. 10th grade Biology Science fair project, oldest dd.

"my bluebottle fly larva hatched in my mom's butter shelf in the fridge" same daughter, 11th grade Chemistry science fair project.

Both were re-done in time, but I then instigated the rule of no more live science fair projects. :)

• Like 4

This weekend we had "Mom, someone scribbled out my half done writing assignment." DD didn't finish her WWS assignment on Friday and left it out on the table knowing she would need to finish it Saturday morning. DS6 admitted to scribbling it out when he was mad at his older brother. He thought it belonged to DS8!

• Like 5

I once had to tell my PS high school physics teacher that my chemistry professor father had taken over my toothpick bridge and would it be Ok if I bought more supplies since he'd used up the official set we were supposed to use? She let me build another one at school-and invited my dad to bring his to school to test it :)

• Like 2

I once had to tell my PS high school physics teacher that my chemistry professor father had taken over my toothpick bridge and would it be Ok if I bought more supplies since he'd used up the official set we were supposed to use? She let me build another one at school-and invited my dad to bring his to school to test it :)

Whose did better?  

My husband wants to know if your dad had it tested and how it went.

ETA: Just read your reply.  Never mind.  :)

Edited by ZaraBellesMom