Menu

District 9...who else has seen this movie?

unsinkable

"An extraterrestrial race forced to live in slum-like conditions on Earth suddenly finds a kindred spirit in a government agent who is exposed to their biotechnology."

My DS introduced me to it.

I don't want to "spoil it" for anyone but it was so moving to me. I saw so much of what our country and world is experiencing right now reflected in the movie.

Trying to see the world from another's POV and vantage point, and the destruction that happens when we don't.

It'd be good for older teens and families who are OK with rated R movies and violence.

• Like 8

It was a really good movie - I liked the social commentary that wasn't ridiculously heavy handed and made the point well. I also urge folks who enjoy sci fi and action movies to see it.

"An extraterrestrial race forced to live in slum-like conditions on Earth suddenly finds a kindred spirit in a government agent who is exposed to their biotechnology."

My DS introduced me to it.

I don't want to "spoil it" for anyone but it was so moving to me. I saw so much of what our country and world is experiencing right now reflected in the movie.

Trying to see the world from another's POV and vantage point, and the destruction that happens when we don't.

It'd be good for older teens and families who are OK with rated R movies and violence.

Yes.  I loved it.  I couldn't stop thinking about it for months.  I even went and bought a DVD of it because I had to process it all again.  It is hard to talk about without giving spoilers, but.... the story is so poignant -- in a decidedly non-smarmy way.  I still don't know quite how I feel about the main character's fate.  It was certainly thought-provoking, that's for sure.

• Like 2