Menu

So sweet but sad about a clean house

Night Elf

Last night I apologized to my DH for not keeping a tidy house. Dust is everywhere! He said he didn't care about that, he just wants a happy home. So today I've been cleaning like I have company coming over. My living room and bathrooms look so nice. Now I just have to tackle my bedroom. I hate dusting my headboard because it's a shelf filled with knick-knacks. It just takes so much time!

• Like 2

Last night I apologized to my DH for not keeping a tidy house. Dust is everywhere! He said he didn't care about that, he just wants a happy home. So today I've been cleaning like I have company coming over. My living room and bathrooms look so nice. Now I just have to tackle my bedroom. I hate dusting my headboard because it's a shelf filled with knick-knacks. It just takes so much time!

Your husband sounds like a great guy.  :thumbup1:

I hate dusting, but have recently found that it does go much faster with Swiffer dusters. In the past I've been too cheap to buy them and also wondered if they would actually work well. They work fine and are worth the extra money to me.

• Like 1

We only manage to have a clean house when company is coming.  Unfortunately that makes my room more messy because stuff that doesn't belong in the living room ends up in my bedroom.

My husband has never cared about having a clean house.  That is not lip service on his part to make me feel better.  I remember seeing his apartment the first time.  It was stunning in it's disarray.  I even remember wondering if I could be married to such a messy person.  Happy I chose him over cleanliness but sometimes it is frustrating that he doesn't care and thus doesn't think to help clean.  He will happily help if asked.  But the path of least resistance is the messy one...

• Like 3

Get rid of the knick-knacks.  Your life will be better.

If you reallllllly love and want to keep them, put them in a closed curio cabinet that will drastically slow down the dust they collect.

• Like 3

Do you find massive cleaning improves your mood or wears you out and frustrates you when it's not clean?  Because he might have been saying, without saying, that he doesn't mind his imperfect house, just enjoys when you feel relaxed and happy. ;)

• Like 2

We only manage to have a clean house when company is coming.  Unfortunately that makes my room more messy because stuff that doesn't belong in the living room ends up in my bedroom.

My husband has never cared about having a clean house.  That is not lip service on his part to make me feel better.  I remember seeing his apartment the first time.  It was stunning in it's disarray.  I even remember wondering if I could be married to such a messy person.  Happy I chose him over cleanliness but sometimes it is frustrating that he doesn't care and thus doesn't think to help clean.  He will happily help if asked.  But the path of least resistance is the messy one...

Word for word, this is my situation exactly. 

Do you find massive cleaning improves your mood or wears you out and frustrates you when it's not clean?  Because he might have been saying, without saying, that he doesn't mind his imperfect house, just enjoys when you feel relaxed and happy. ;)

Actually, I'm indifferent when it comes to cleaning. I don't hate it. I don't get any satisfaction from it. I let things go a long time just because it doesn't usually cross my mind to clean. The only things I keep up are laundry and the bathrooms. Laundry is my favorite chore. I love hearing the washer and dryer going. I have no idea why.

• Like 2

Dust is the reason I don't keep knick knacks. They don't bring me enough joy to cancel out my hatred of the extra dusting

An elderly lady at our church said her mother always said (in reference to gifts), "Give me hugs, I don't have to dust them."  :001_smile:

I gave my mother so many knick-knacks when I was a little girl. She displayed them for years and years, bless her heart.

• Like 2

Actually, I'm indifferent when it comes to cleaning. I don't hate it. I don't get any satisfaction from it. I let things go a long time just because it doesn't usually cross my mind to clean. The only things I keep up are laundry and the bathrooms. Laundry is my favorite chore. I love hearing the washer and dryer going. I have no idea why.

LOL, I love to hear teens switching laundry.... maybe that's a little the same? ;)