Menu

Multivitamin recs

Night Elf

Since taking dudeling to a naturopath - I've become a vitamin snob.

I use emerald laboratories, it was developed by a naturopath.  I buy it off amazon.  among other reasons - each vitamin/mineral is in the most bioavailable form. (that makes a *huge* difference.) most on the market are not, and require your liver to convert it to a useable form and excrete the waste products.

I use the 4x multi - but only take two.  (same dose as the 2x, for less money. you can even just do 1x).  I also use their b-healthy.  I actually noticed an improvement after taking it for 10 days. (like someone flipped the switch to "on".)  that's after taking double doseage of an average b-complex for years. (I never noticed things were better with it - only that they got worse if I didn't take it for a week.)

I've also started (as in, less than a week.) taking the EL thyroid complex.  it has bovine dessicated thyroid from New Zealand.  (grass fed, no gmo's etc.)  so, we'll see how it does.

Thorne makes the best. The cheapest place I've found them is Amazon

thorne is an excellent brand.   the price doens't vary much from place to place . . . . I also buy them off amazon.  it's just easier.  (I use them for other things.)  I'm not sure you'd even find thorne in a health food store. a naturopathic/compounding type pharmacy.  maybe.  or a NDs office.

• Like 2

Since taking dudeling to a naturopath - I've become a vitamin snob.

I use emerald laboratories, it was developed by a naturopath.  I buy it off amazon.  among other reasons - each vitamin/mineral is in the most bioavailable form. (that makes a *huge* difference.) most on the market are not, and require your liver to convert it to a useable form and excrete the waste products.

I use the 4x multi - but only take two.  (same dose as the 2x, for less money. you can even just do 1x).  I also use their b-healthy.  I actually noticed an improvement after taking it for 10 days. (like someone flipped the switch to "on".)  that's after taking double doseage of an average b-complex for years. (I never noticed things were better with it - only that they got worse if I didn't take it for a week.)

I've also started (as in, less than a week.) taking the EL thyroid complex.  it has bovine dessicated thyroid from New Zealand.  (grass fed, no gmo's etc.)  so, we'll see how it does.

Any reason you take the 4X multi instead of the once a day?

• 4 weeks later...

Thorne makes the best. The cheapest place I've found them is Amazon

thorne is an excellent brand.   the price doens't vary much from place to place . . . . I also buy them off amazon.  it's just easier.  (I use them for other things.)  I'm not sure you'd even find thorne in a health food store. a naturopathic/compounding type pharmacy.  maybe.  or a NDs office.

Thorne recommended by my ND is great. You could probably take half the dose and still be getting many more nutrients that are actually absorbable than most vitamin out there. at full dose 

http://www.iherb.com/Thorne-Research-Basic-Nutrients-V-180-Veggie-Caps/18123

THANK YOU for recommending Thorne! I just started taking their Stress-B Complex, and it's really made a difference in my mood and mental functioning. I've taken B complex formulas before with good results, but I don't think any others have had such a dramatic effect. 

I also ordered their children's formula. I like that it comes in mini-capsules.  :)

• Like 1

I'm really good at buying vitamins but not taking them. I switched to adult gummy vitamins and now I take them every day. I am a child.

That is why I use Emergen-C, it is a powder packet that you dump in a drink and is yummy.   I figure a vitamin I actually take is way better than one that sits in the drawer.  I've also done the gummies for specific things like fiber.    

THANK YOU for recommending Thorne! I just started taking their Stress-B Complex, and it's really made a difference in my mood and mental functioning. I've taken B complex formulas before with good results, but I don't think any others have had such a dramatic effect.

I also ordered their children's formula. I like that it comes in mini-capsules. :)

So wonderful to hear! Happy you're feeling better!!

• Like 1