Menu

Johnny Cash...Go Away

fairfarmhand

Ugh.  I hate when songs get stuck in your head.  Currently I have "Cheerleader" in my head because it was playing on the radio when I picked my daughter up from her class at church this morning.  For two weeks this summer I had all the Psych the Musical songs on replay in my head.  I watched the episode, listened to the CD... didn't help.  I honestly thought I was going to go insane.  And I like Psych.  But I'd get up to pee at 2 am... and I'd be in the middle of "The Opposite of That."  I'd be reading a book and suddenly realize my brain was singing "I've Heard it Both Ways" to me.  It. Was. Awful.  I feel for you.

I currently have The Smith's ASK in my head.

Spending warm Summer days indoors

Writing frightening verse to a buck-toothed girl in Luxembourg

Ask me, ask me, ask me! Ask me, ask me, ask me!

I actually like Morrissey but I'd welcome some Johnny Cash at this point.

We love Johnny Cash here. All other country I do not like. However, the Ring of Fire song is ruined completely for me. Having baby number Four, the midwife said that when the baby was crowning it would burn like a ring of fire and immediately that song popped in my head. Lol

I hear ya.  dh took me to a musical (that he likes far more than me.) for my birthday and I had to get the music out of my head.  

I did alot of

Holst's the planets.

(especially mars.)

Beethoven symphomies

carl orff - carmina burana  

(incidentally, dd loved it for fine tuning her latin)

organ toccatas and fuges - (Charles-marie von widor - from symphony #5 is a favorite)

music that is intense, demands your attention and blocks out everything else.