Menu

S/O KonMari Method, what's the worst disorganized area in your home?

Prairie~Phlox

Going through all of the stuff and cleaning it out, for me, I would have to say it's our photos.  They are horribly organized and not dated well at all.  I'm not even touching them, they're just going to remain in the photo boxes that they are in.  We have some on a bookshelf in photo boxes and the rest are in a large box in my closet.

So what would be your worst area?

Well the place that springs to mind is the entry closet from the garage. It's not from lack of organizing tools; it isn't even a small closet. It's just that nobody cares how the shoes go in (except me). The boys fling them in there. It is not rare to see the shoe racks empty as mother hubbard's cupboards, but a heapin' tangle of shoes in front of the shelving. *sigh*

Photos are an issue here, too, though. I have many well-organized, beautiful albums (pre-digital) and Shutterfly books (post-digital), but that doesn't begin to account for the thousands of beautiful photos stacked in photo boxes or languishing on the desktop computer. I often say the Mac desktop is really just a very expensive photo storage device.

• Like 1

We left most of our unorganized stuff in our parents' homes! ;) We definitely have trouble with pictures. I meant to scan in all of our printed photos (thanks, Mom  :glare: ) but I ran out of time before we left. Anything that requires tedious organizing is what gets clutter-crazy over here because I just don't have the time to sit there and organize stuff that takes forever. Right now, the school books are all over the place in our house. I don't have enough storage for the stuff I'm keeping for little dd, stuff I've pre-bought for both b/c shipping takes a while, and school supplies. Extra blankets and sheets could also be better organized. 

Oh, and the kids seasonal clothes situation is a mess right now as we're trying everything from last year on to see what can be passed down and what needs to go to the thrift store. I love fall but I really hate the couple weeks of try-on-all-the-things!!

I was doing really well but I need to declutter everything in the entire house again. 

Dd's room.  :svengo:

She is a lovely girl, but does not have one administrative or organizational cell in her body. Just who she is. Her room is constantly chaos and I have only so much energy so I require a basic level of picked up and only really clean occasionally. Just not worth it.  ;)

• Like 1

We packed up the house about two weeks ago.  The boys' rooms were the worst, but that's to be expected.  Mostly we don't have time to let anything get difficult to deal with.  And now most of the stuff is gone and I don't have to deal with it for a long time.

A few years ago we got those photo storage boxes and sorted the pictures- one box for each kid,  and sorted the rest as best we could. Their boxes had 'their' pics- birthdays, holiday pics where they were mostly in the pic, pics of them with grandparents, etc.  Last week our two youngest cleaned out my attic closet and that's where the pics were. They are SO excited to go through 'their' boxes of pictures.  I'm so glad we made boxes for each of them.   I think I'm going to do a second box for each with 'family pics', making sure each of them have some group shots and pics of grandparents and all. 

Doesn't solve your problem, but I have to say- it sure is nice to have them sorted and the boxes stack so well. 

My biggest problem area: the mudroom. I clean it, then it clutters up again.  I just can't get a handle on it.  

Second problem area: unused upstairs bedroom. I rarely go upstairs and when I do, I find that dh is storing old Amazon boxes in there (he uses them for shipping or wrapping Christmas gifts), the kids are storing stuff they don't want in their rooms, and the grandkids play in there- which means it's where my kids' old Playmobil, Thomas, and American Girl stuff is.   Upon typing that out, I realize the bedroom is not unused. g

• Like 2