• Yes
    • no, not if I can help it
    • Not sure,
    • other, explain please

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted not sure. But I should probably have said yes. I have had 2 late miscarriages in the last year. One at 12 weeks, and then one at 20 weeks. I didn't want to be done...but I don't want to bring another child into the world only to die.
:grouphug: Wish I was there to hug you in person, my friend. I told my dh that if this baby didn't make it that I couldn't do this again...I've lost too many precious babies.

We have 6 "totsicles" that I pray will give me at least 2 more babies in the future. After that, barring a surprise fortune being dropped in our laps for another round of IVF, we're either done or God will have to majorly surprise us (which I would love as I've always wanted 14dc at least).

Done, done, done!!! 4 is my magic number. We were pleasantly surprised w/ our youngest dd. We completed our dossier for China, sent it off, expecting a referral in 6 mos. (as was the referral time back then) 21 months later, we received our referral for a child much younger than we had requested (4-6yrs) At 43, we were referred a 26 month old. Dh and I refer to her as our proof God has a sense of humor. Of course, we are so very blessed to be her parents. (and we know all is always in His hands) Dh and I just never planned to have such a young child at this age. Yes, I know many families find this to be quite the norm.

Now, if my 3 older dc could just understand that 4 is the magic number. They consistenly answer the question how many kids in your family w/ 5, we are still working on the adoption for the 5th. Ugh!!!!! It causes a lot of explaining.... NO, we are not adopting an older boy from China (or anywhere else,) no matter what my dc say.

I really thought I was done after G4 was born, almost 5 years ago. But, here I sit, pregnant again. I'd given away my newborn diapers and almost all of my maternity and nursing clothing. Plus, I was starting to have some hormonal issues - ovulating less often, etc. I'm not even 40, so I don't know why all this stuff was going on. But it was.

If there are 5, my guess is that there will be 6. I have to say, I hate being pregnant. I'd love to foster teens, but my dh is not for that at all. I'd love for him to change his mind about it.

We are done. My kids are 19, almost 10 and almost 3. I really wasn't sure we were done after number 2 and finally convinced dh to have number 3. When I had my last, I just knew I was done. And that was even before I found out how much this last child exhausts me! LOL! I am 37 and my two best friends from childhood are either having a baby or trying to have a baby. I am so happy for them, but I think - better them than me! I am just so tired. My little guy is a handful. I thought I may be sad for toddlerhood to be gone, but I am actually excited about not having any little ones around.

We originally wanted 4 kids. Right now we have 2. Our hands are full and our pockets are stretched. I still would like 2 more kids, but no time soon. I am a little afraid that the older the kids get, the harder it will be to go back to the "baby stage".

My mom had 2 kids and then waited 13 years to have 2 more. Considering my age, that's definitely a possibility and then we have built in babysitters. :)