Menu

God is good!

Halcyon

For over a year, my mom's significant other (she's been with him 10 years) has suffered. First, he had bladder cancer. Beat that. Then he had neuropathy. The chemo seemed to worsen his parkinson's disease (or perhaps triggered essential tremors) so much that he has been unable to hold a fork, dress himself, take a shower, or do anything on his own, including fall asleep. It has been terrible. He came to me for acupuncture treatment, as I have had some success in treating tremors, but I could do nothing. He couldn't even sit still enough for me to insert the needles, his tremors were so severe.

He was told a few months ago he might be a candidate for Deep Brain Stimulation.  It would be unclear, however, until the very last stage ,whether it actually would work for him. Yesterday was the final stage--where they basically learned if all their struggle was worth it, and if DBS would work for him. 

ANd miracle of miracles, the tremors were nearly 100% gone. From barely able to hold a fork, unable to sip water, to making breakfast this morning for my mom and making the bed.

It's amazing. God is good. And so are the scientists and surgeons who worked on him, and discovered this amazing almost-cure.

• Like 32

For over a year, my mom's significant other (she's been with him 10 years) has suffered. First, he had bladder cancer. Beat that. Then he had neuropathy. The chemo seemed to worsen his parkinson's disease (or perhaps triggered essential tremors) so much that he has been unable to hold a fork, dress himself, take a shower, or do anything on his own, including fall asleep. It has been terrible. He came to me for acupuncture treatment, as I have had some success in treating tremors, but I could do nothing. He couldn't even sit still enough for me to insert the needles, his tremors were so severe.

He was told a few months ago he might be a candidate for Deep Brain Stimulation. It would be unclear, however, until the very last stage ,whether it actually would work for him. Yesterday was the final stage--where they basically learned if all their struggle was worth it, and if DBS would work for him.

ANd miracle of miracles, the tremors were nearly 100% gone. From barely able to hold a fork, unable to sip water, to making breakfast this morning for my mom and making the bed.

It's amazing. God is good. And so are the scientists and surgeons who worked on him, and discovered this amazing almost-cure.

That is fantastic! I read about DBS; my mom has Parkinson's Disease.

• Like 1

Thank you all for your kind words. My mom's SO is ecstatic. It was getting to the point where he was going to need round the clock care, and as a relatively young (73) man with all his mental capacities still intact, he was beyond despair.

• Like 1