Menu

It's finally happened..

Entropymama

The floor is always an option. Or tables, desks, the couch, etc. Pretty much any flat surface area will do (even some surface areas that aren't altogether too flat). I just would avoid areas that are likely to get wet/dirty, like kitchen counters and the edge of the bathtub.

• Like 1

Well this may shock you all, but I actually just suggested to dh that we get rid of some of our book shelves.

It's time for me to reduce the stockpile. Plus I have declared an all out war on spiders which means reducing their behind-the-bookcase habitat regions.

I will still have plenty of shelves remaining, but more of the built-in variety that little creepy crawlers can't build webs behind.

Sounds like you need more bookshelves!

I have dreamed of having a library since I was a kid. I wanted floor to ceiling bookcases full of books. I still don't have it, but like Seasider mentioned, I hate the dust and invitation to all the local spiders to live here. Now I want a library, but all glass cabinets to house my books. I do not think I will ever achieve it though. ahhh ....a girl can dream!

I have dreamed of having a library since I was a kid. I wanted floor to ceiling bookcases full of books. I still don't have it, but like Seasider mentioned, I hate the dust and invitation to all the local spiders to live here. Now I want a library, but all glass cabinets to house my books. I do not think I will ever achieve it though. ahhh ....a girl can dream!

Oh, now you're talking! A real library with built in barrister's bookcases. Take that, spiders! Move along, dust bunnies!

Oh, now you're talking! A real library with built in barrister's bookcases. Take that, spiders! Move along, dust bunnies!

• Like 1

Start stacking them on top of the bookshelves you have. I also have been known to stack them in a tower in a corner. Not a lot of fun when you need something at the bottom of the tower, but hey.

How many bookcases do you have? Are you one of those people with only 2 bookcases and think that'll hold all the books? Unless you have at least (least) 10 bookcases, then don't stack the books. If you have less than 10 bookcases, then get thee to the store (or goodwill or yard sale) and get thee more bookcases!

I think you should less the movement to personal mobile libraries. It will cover your need for a library and hold all your books. You could fit it with shelves on the walls, but it would have a refrigerator, leave s comfy chair, plus, so could take it with you on vacation. Win, win, win!

How many bookcases do you have? Are you one of those people with only 2 bookcases and think that'll hold all the books? Unless you have at least (least) 10 bookcases, then don't stack the books. If you have less than 10 bookcases, then get thee to the store (or goodwill or yard sale) and get thee more bookcases!

I have only 1 bookcase. :leaving:

(I have no illusions that 1-2 bookcases will hold all the books though)

I have ikea cubbies with 28 cubby spaces, 2 long shelves made of rain gutters, a bookshelf in my room, a book cubby from a box in my sons room and a basket for library books. My girls have books on random shelves in their rooms. My husband has kindly taken all his to his office except for the ones on his nightstand. My nightstand is full.

I got rid of a bunch too!

The struggle is real.

Start stacking them on top of the bookshelves you have. I also have been known to stack them in a tower in a corner. 

I need more coffee. I read this as "stack them in a shower in the corner." Not only that, for a brief moment I thought it was a revolutionary idea and wondered why I hadn't thought of that before.

• Like 1