Menu

"Homeschool This" blog post about homeschooling

Good article! I always feel more relaxed toward the end of the year. In the beginning, I'm all about lists and getting it done. A few changes that I've made for the end of the year are:

Letting my junior read a few good living books for chemistry. Right now, he is starting Uncle Tungsten. He's worked hard for 3/4 of the year with the text, but he really does learn well with living books. Now that he has more of the text knowledge, he can better absorb the information in these books.

My dyslexic daughter has made a great leap in her reading ability and desire. She decided that she wants to read through the Percy Jackson series, so I am making room in her schedule to enjoy these books.

• Like 2

This is perfect for me right now.  I spent 2 hours this afternoon having coffee with a  young friend of preschoolers who is thinking about homeschooling.  I didn't want to put rose-colored glasses on her nor did I want to discourage her.  She asked question after question.  We parted with a promise that I would send her some reading material beyond the two fundamental-for-me books I gave her.  This will go first!

Thanks!

• Like 1

It was a great read. It even had some nice bits for a wannabe home-school mom who works full time. Maybe now's not a good time for me to homeschool, but it doesn't rule out the future. The trick will be for me to work productively at home - that's my challenge and something I would like to work on anyway...

• Like 1