Menu

The gods have it out for me tonight....Just sympathies please!

Southern Ivy

Just as I was sitting down to eat dinner, my daughter starts to cough, then gags, then does a spot on impersonation of Linda Blair in The Exorcist. Her gagging resulted in one LONG vomit session around the living room. That was great.  
She's fine now, but cleaning up puke at dinner wasn't on my list of things to do tonight. 

Then, just a few minutes ago, I went to wash my face for bed. The hot water never got hot. So, dh goes down to the basement and immediately says some not nice words. Our basement is standing in several inches of water. There goes the computer we were storing down there. All my books that I brought home from school. Our crib. Our Christmas tree and ornaments. Luggage. 

I know there are far worse things to happen to us. Plus, this should be covered by our insurance. Still, it's a pain in the butt to clean this up. 

It's been a long, crap week anyway and this is just taking the cake. 

Ok, whining over. 

Well, we just spent the last 2 hours moving things, getting the sump pump back to pumping out water, and shop-vaccing the rest of the water out. Unless the sump pump stops working again, we got all of standing water out. Off to bed we go and we'll deal with the aftermath tomorrow.