Menu

Ignore this thread!

Outta likes! It's been a while. We're getting Fiestaware and I'll wash it myself until they're older. My kids have water bottles. They went strait from bottles to cups and water bottles. They like having their own water bottles. It's like they're proud of it or something. Mary's heart was broken two weeks ago when John accidentally broke hers. She has a Frozen one now.  :001_rolleyes: Still purple though.

• Like 5

• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

I deep cleaned the bathrooms. I hate doing that, it needed to be done!

That is all!

Oh, no, that is not all.

I have an ITT WWYD:

Situation: we are meeting friends at the park tomorrow for lunch and I have decided to do the drive-through thing. I am so sick of Taco Bell I could vomit. But the kids like Taco Bell. I want In 'n Out Burger, and the kids always complain about that. So, do I...

a) suck it up and all of us go to Taco Bell

b) tell the kids to suck it up, we're all going to In'n Out and listen to the little ungrateful wretches complain

c) go through both drive-throughs and all of us be happy!

Friends don't let friends eat Taco Hell. Don't do it!!

• Like 4

(((College girl)))  Breaking up is hard to do.  (((Tex))) No nap Thursday is also hard to do.

Krissi, I also vote C.  (It is shameful how many drive thrus it takes to make 7 people happy. - ETA:  I'm not saying *you* are shameful.....I'm talking about our family.  By the way, we've been known to hit 3.)

Slache, sorry to hear about the house.  The $200 cheaper apt. is not a bad option except for the laundry issue, imho. 

Critter - good for you.  (Although you would have to medicate me with prednisone AND wine BOTH before I would stay in a cabin with 11 strangers.  On second thought, maybe just the wine.  The prednisone would end the whole thing in the first minute.)

Edited by Another Lynn
  • Like 5

My kids are also color-coded. It makes life so.much.easier.  My best advice? If you are going to have lots of kids, save the gender neutral colors (yellow, purple) in case you have a gender imbalance in the composition of your family.  Also, IKEA plastic plates/cups/bowls/silverware is a huge blessing for when you have lots of littles. After lots of my china was broken, the littles got switched over to plastic.

Edited by kbeal
  • Like 3

Found an apartment. 3 bedrooms for the price of our 2, stupid kitchen, nature trails, communal laundry rooms, pool. They have an opening April 30th. What do we think?

5771215.jpg2650147.jpg643500.jpg?1331665658

Pretty! Why is the kitchen stupid? I like it. I am not picky though.

• Like 2

I have a beat up Sigg large water bottle that is about 10-12 years old.  It has a pop up top to drink from a little opening.  I just tried to choose a new one looking on ebay and amazon and became overwhelmed.

I need basically what I have (Sigg, Kleen Kanteen, etc - don't care about brand - just want a stainless steel one), the largest one made (it stays in the car), and purple.

Someone with mad google skills take pity upon me.

Sad story:  I bought myself a nice purple replacement about 8 years ago and  think it fell out of the van or something because I lost it and never saw it again. :sad:

• Like 1

Keep me posted on how this goes; I've got my eye on this for a couple of years down the road.

I actually may not be using this next year; I bought it while it was on sale.  :)

Ds15 has done: General Science, Physical Science, and is currently doing Biology.

Dd13 has done: General Science, and has one module left in Physical Science.

I also have the 2nd edition Chemistry.  I was planning for ds15 to do Chemistry next year.  The Apologia website recommends taking Chem. before Adv. Bio.

I'm going to look at the textbook to see if he really needs Chem. first.  If not, we may just skip it and maybe he can take Chem. at the Community College.

More than you wanted to know, probably. :)

• Like 2

I need basically what I have (Sigg, Kleen Kanteen, etc - don't care about brand - just want a stainless steel one), the largest one made (it stays in the car), and purple.

Someone with mad google skills take pity upon me.

Sad story:  I bought myself a nice purple replacement about 8 years ago and  think it fell out of the van or something because I lost it and never saw it again. :sad:

HydroFlask 40 oz wide mouth or 24oz standard both come in a gorgeous purple 

Pretty! Why is the kitchen stupid? I like it. I am not picky though.

Because I'm a princess. I like big open kitchens and I like to cook and bake from scratch so I like lots of counter space. We also entertain a lot and I will miss my big open kitchen. All of my friends are like a size 4 though so I can probably fit one or two between the fridge and the wall when they come over.

• Like 3

Because I'm a princess. I like big open kitchens and I like to cook and bake from scratch so I like lots of counter space. We also entertain a lot and I will miss my big open kitchen. All of my friends are like a size 4 though so I can probably fit one or two between the fridge and the wall when they come over.

He, he.  I like tiny galley kitchens so no one else can go in it besides me.  We had one once in a condo on vacation and I.LOVED.IT  (10 years ago, and I still remember it.  sigh.)  We have a lovely, big, open one.  I'm not complaining.  It's just not my style.  It's a lot to clean.  You would love it. 

• Like 1

The hydroflask are double walled so they don't sweat & keep things cold or hot for.ever. My kids have them. I have a smaller EarthLust which is single walled because I like my water close to room temp. They make a lovely glossy purple one with lotus but it's only 1 L. (mine has elephants on it because in a battle of elephants v. purple, the elephants won) 

• Like 3

The hydroflask are double walled so they don't sweat & keep things cold or hot for.ever. My kids have them. I have a smaller EarthLust which is single walled because I like my water close to room temp. They make a lovely glossy purple one with lotus but it's only 1 L. (mine has elephants on it because in a battle of elephants v. purple, the elephants won) 

That is really pretty, too.

I want all of the purple water bottles.  Why do I not have them all right now???

• Like 2

That is really pretty, too.

I want all of the purple water bottles.  Why do I not have them all right now???

if you had them all you'd spend all your time in the bathroom peeing :D 

But, you know, maybe you need one for the car, one for your desk, one for exercise, one for by the tv, one for by the bed...

• Like 4

Elephant fan here.  Link?

(((College girl)))  Breaking up is hard to do.  (((Tex))) No nap Thursday is also hard to do.

Krissi, I also vote C.  (It is shameful how many drive thrus it takes to make 7 people happy. - ETA:  I'm not saying *you* are shameful.....I'm talking about our family.  By the way, we've been known to hit 3.)

Slache, sorry to hear about the house.  The $200 cheaper apt. is not a bad option except for the laundry issue, imho. 

Critter - good for you.  (Although you would have to medicate me with prednisone AND wine BOTH before I would stay in a cabin with 11 strangers.  On second thought, maybe just the wine.  The prednisone would end the whole thing in the first minute.)

:lol: I am still laughing about the prednisone. :lol:

Ditch Ryan Gosling and look for a Chris Hemsworth, Tex's dd. :)

:iagree:

#hawt

• Like 1

So bestie and I are planning a get together with our families for Resurrection Sunday.  They have five kids, plus our four...all age 10 and under.  We always have a blast when we get together.

Anyways, we're planning a feast.  And because we're commemorating the day Jesus defeated Satan (hereafter referred to as "the devil"), we'll be eating all things devil.

Devil's food cake

Devil dogs

Deviled Eggs

Deviled Ham

What else do you think we should have?  (Seriously...this is the kind of sick sense of humor we have...lol)  

• Like 4