Menu

Ignore this thread!

Ha! Sorry, no video. I was busy managing Nan, and everyone else stared at us in horror. Dh fled the scene after giving her an extra pill per my instructions. I banished the caregiver because Nan was kicking her and calling her an idiot.

I truly am sorry for you all, and sending constant hugs and encouragement.  I just have this morbid fascination with people's antics sometimes.  Nan is truly blessed to have you.

Oh, and just an aside brought to my recollection by the mention of "Mule" earlier:  Grandma B (DH's grandmother) was told by her own mother when she was growing up that she was so stubborn if she fell in the river she would float upstream.  Her nickname is Upstream, now that we know that story!  It's a trait that runs in the family.  :D

• Like 1

Beagles bay a lot and dig out of fences. Our neighbor has a beagle they can't keep contained. Hate it! It taunts our dog and then runs away. Coward!

Nan was all Girls Gone Wild this evening. I am exhausted.

They only act like that when they don't get enough attention.

I want this one, right here.  

https://www.youtube.com/user/CharlieDaDog

That's a typical beagle.

Arghs and agreement to all of this!

And see, Slashie, I can too multiquote when I want to!

Slashie!

But that's not what it said....

So, how did the two congresses get in there?  And just to say, I'm glad the kids are in bed or they'd be spouting back to me all of the stuff on the American government I've spent the last several months drilling into their heads.  I certainly don't need to hear about bicameral snow cones....

The first one was an accident and the second one was me questioning the accident.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Okay, NOW it makes sense!  Was it Siri, Iris, or some other system that did that?

I do the swishy blue line type thing. I have no clue what it's called.

Achtung!  Hoch soll Sie leben!  Mein hut er hat drei ecken!

Yes! That's it!

Duckie, you want a rescue greyhound. :)

Love greyhounds.

OK, I just read Madeline, Chicka Chicka Boom Boom, Swimmy, Goodnight Moon, The Snowy Day, The Letter, and Freight Train. I want ice cream.

• Like 2

Beagles bay a lot and dig out of fences. Our neighbor has a beagle they can't keep contained. Hate it! It taunts our dog and then runs away. Coward!

Nan was all Girls Gone Wild this evening. I am exhausted.

I was going to respond to this, but forgot what I was going to say.  :confused1:  Must be past my bedtime.

• Like 1

Ah, I see. You're excused then. I have a thread on the high school board.

Yeah, he pulled himself away from those *darling* Stampy videos to ask me if I wanted to spend time with him.  So sweet. ♥

Off to check out your thread for future reference...

• Like 1

Snoopy is amazingly quiet for a beagle.  I'm pretty certain he's not actually beagle, but that's what they say he is because they don't know what he is.

I think he's visiting from another planet and having too much fun here to leave!

I googled it.  The anonymous experts agree: he's a beagle.  

Ah, I see. You're excused then. I have a thread on the high school board.

I. Am. Suffering. A. Panic. Attack. At. This. Very. Moment.  

:willy_nilly:

I will never again visit the high school board.  I am quite content in the world of phonics and c-rods and potty-training and whateverdoyoudowiththetwoyearold kind-of-threads.  

• Like 5

I truly am sorry for you all, and sending constant hugs and encouragement.  I just have this morbid fascination with people's antics sometimes.  Nan is truly blessed to have you.

Oh, and just an aside brought to my recollection by the mention of "Mule" earlier:  Grandma B (DH's grandmother) was told by her own mother when she was growing up that she was so stubborn if she fell in the river she would float upstream.  Her nickname is Upstream, now that we know that story!  It's a trait that runs in the family.  :D

Thank you!  I am fascinated with Nan's antics, as well.  Alzheimer's is interesting and horrifying all at once.  The tracks her broken brain takes are hard to predict.

Our caregiver kind of quit.  :(  She is from an agency.  We love her, but Nan hates her.  She said that she thinks Nan needs another face.  I agree.  I just don't like it.  I am getting plenty of breaks this week because it wears on me to be the only one who can do anything with Nan when she is like this.  The college student is coming today so I can take my kids to the park. I will make sure I am gone for a long time.  :)

• Like 1

I will never again visit the high school board.  I am quite content in the world of phonics and c-rods and potty-training and whateverdoyoudowiththetwoyearold kind-of-threads.  

I have two in high school land next year, and it is more than a little bit intimidating.  

• Like 4

Remain calm!

It's really going to be okay. Dd has just a few short assignments left in 2 subjects. She will be done with high school and homeschooling today or tomorrow. She's my first graduate, so I feel a mix of sadness and accomplishment all at the same time. 

• Like 5

Remain calm!

It's really going to be okay. Dd has just a few short assignments left in 2 subjects. She will be done with high school and homeschooling today or tomorrow. She's my first graduate, so I feel a mix of sadness and accomplishment all at the same time. 

Wow!  Congratulations!!!  That's HUGE.  Great job, Mama!

And thanks for the encouragement.  I really should meander on over to the high school board once in a while, but most days I feel plenty overwhelmed with accomplishing things on the K-8 side.  Our local homeschool support group has a large population of families in the high school stage now, so most of their meetings focus on high school topics.  I know I should go to those more often too, and just glean from their experiences.  But then baby is up all night teething and even if I'm lucky enough to get a shower and find a clean shirt, I fall asleep the moment I sit down.   :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Renai, I don't find your math thread. Linky me up, please! I will advise you due to my own fear of math and thus the knowledge of every single option for it. :D

I see Another Lynn took care of it. I was busy reading the Nauger thread all morning (in between taking care of younger, of course).

• Like 3

Wow!  Congratulations!!!  That's HUGE.  Great job, Mama!

And thanks for the encouragement.  I really should meander on over to the high school board once in a while, but most days I feel plenty overwhelmed with accomplishing things on the K-8 side.  Our local homeschool support group has a large population of families in the high school stage now, so most of their meetings focus on high school topics.  I know I should go to those more often too, and just glean from their experiences.  But then baby is up all night teething and even if I'm lucky enough to get a shower and find a clean shirt, I fall asleep the moment I sit down.   :rolleyes:

I didn't meander over there until maybe middle school, 6th or 7th. You've got time! 

She is going away to a Christian college in August. We are really going to miss her, but I'm excited for her to start a new chapter in her life. I remember my mom being so excited for me, and I think it has helped me feel the same for her. She's going on a full-tuition scholarship. If she will keep up good grades, she'll have over $50K free money! I consider it part of my "pay" for the last 10 years. LOL! 

• Like 6

Ich liebe dich.

Sprechen Sie Deutsch?  Ich spreche nur ein bischen, und I can't remember all of the correct spelling, either.  Schwester Susanne would be appalled at how much I have forgotten!

• Like 2

Mo-----om!  Slash said shut-up!!!!!!

Okay, as Matriarch I guess this falls to me.

Girls, please learn to be a little more thoughtful in your phrasing, as people really will judge you by it as you grow older.  Lynn, moderate your tone, and learn to whine like an adult (half the volume, and more wheedle).  Slache, try to sound more educated.  For instance, "cease and desist your useless prattling", or "I advise closing that gaping maw before the bison migrate in there".  Using lots of words and throwing in the occasional big one causes people to glaze over and assume you are saying intelligent things.

Now, go play nicely, and don't get blood on my rugs.

• Like 6

Ikslo, you didn't leave us! That makes me so happy.

Where is everybody??

I think yall should go to my math thread and peruse it. Just because.

Link, please!  I spend most of my forum time in this thread and don't know what threads are being mentioned unless links are provided.

Did I just hear someone call my name?

Now, girls, stop fighting or I will hang you from the rafters by your very pretty pedis:-)

You are coming along nicely as a Matriarch-in-training!

Thank you!  I am fascinated with Nan's antics, as well.  Alzheimer's is interesting and horrifying all at once.  The tracks her broken brain takes are hard to predict.

Our caregiver kind of quit.   :(  She is from an agency.  We love her, but Nan hates her.  She said that she thinks Nan needs another face.  I agree.  I just don't like it.  I am getting plenty of breaks this week because it wears on me to be the only one who can do anything with Nan when she is like this.  The college student is coming today so I can take my kids to the park. I will make sure I am gone for a long time.   :)

HUGS!

I have been able to "ignore this thread" for almost 3 months, but I just can't anymore! 

Has it really been three months? This is my favorite thread. Except for the one about cupcakes in classrooms. That was a hoot. 

Renai, I don't find your math thread.  Linky me up, please!  I will advise you due to my own fear of math and thus the knowledge of every single option for it.   :D

Oh good! Come help me then! Here's my thread http://forums.welltrainedmind.com/topic/551062-help-me-find-a-new-math-curriculum/

• Like 1

I have been able to "ignore this thread" for almost 3 months, but I just can't anymore! 

Woohoo!  Another new one in just a couple of days!  Those high page numbers and repeated appearance on the New Content listings are starting to really pay off!

Now, Mom31257, be sure to read THE WHOLE THREAD.

• Like 3

Sprechen Sie Deutsch?  Ich spreche nur ein bischen, und I can't remember all of the correct spelling, either.  Schwester Susanne would be appalled at how much I have forgotten!

Nein. Although I can count to 10 and ask where the bathroom, a restaurant, and the ubahn is. Such as it is when one lived in Germany for 2 years over 20 years ago. Although, I still have an ear for it, and could understand most of what yall have been writing.

• Like 1

Remain calm!

Awww!  My eldest starts 8th grade next year, which I am now referring to (around home, at least) as a "high school prep year".  This means that:

• I'm looking into what all she will need to do in high school to be set up well for college
  • the order and progression of the required and recommended subjects to study
  • what we need to accomplish in the 8th grade year for high school to be as not-so-rocky as possible

This is only our second year of homeschooling, so we are also still working out some of the kinks.  It's an adventure!