• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

Happy New Year! We did the church thang then we came home to watch the ball drop in New York. The music gets worse every year. Does that mean I'm getting old? We all had a sip of champagne. This is the last year of our first African American president. Every year gets better for us and I think next year will be awesome. Goodnight!

:cheers2:

• Like 3

Happy New Year from the Central Time Zone!

Should auld booyas be forgot(ten)

And never brought to mind?

Should auld booyahs be forgot(ten)

And auld lang booya!

For auld lang booya, my dear

For auld lang booyah.

We'll take a cup of coffee with peppermint mocha creamer yet,

And auld lang booya!

• Like 6

Good Morning 2016!  We slept in; just now having coffee.   :coolgleamA:

So did we. 
I think we will go over to visit with MIL and FIL. Their little beagle is missing, having taken off after a deer the other day. So we are going to have a good look for her. :sad:
  • Like 6

I'm almost to the coffee stage. :hat:

Today is "Meet the Boyfriend" day. 

No, I'm not ready!  I haven't had a shower.  I've been working on the mess in my bedroom; I wasn't planning on going anywhere today.  I'm a nervous wreck!  :hat:   Report back; and don't travel on any treacherous roads!  :willy_nilly:

• Like 5

Too sick for coffee. Want coffee. Don't want to throw up coffee.

:grouphug:   I'm so sorry!

I normally enjoy coffee, but during pregnancy the smell of it was horrible.  When it got a little better I would drink General Food's International Coffee - hazelnut - so creamy - like hot chocolate without the aftertaste.  But that's the only time I ever drank that stuff. 

• Like 3

No, I'm not ready! I haven't had a shower. I've been working on the mess in my bedroom; I wasn't planning on going anywhere today. I'm a nervous wreck! :hat: Report back; and don't travel on any treacherous roads! :willy_nilly:

Well, college girl just called and she is not bringing boyfriend until tomorrow so you have time to clean up the place. Lol I am disappointed. I was all ready to vet him. I even washed my hair! One of the questions I planned to ask was his impression of homeschooling. It will be like an intense job interview. I'm open to questions I should ask. :D
  • Like 6

I had a good time at the church gathering last night for the first time in a while. I realized this morning that I only talked to Pastor's wife and the men. :lol: Just politics, religion, movies, computers, and construction. Not my parenting flaws, not my appearance or how I'm a complete failure as church secretary. It reminded me of high school when I only hung out with boys.

• Like 7

Well, college girl just called and she is not bringing boyfriend until tomorrow so you have time to clean up the place. Lol I am disappointed. I was all ready to vet him. I even washed my hair! One of the questions I planned to ask was his impression of homeschooling. It will be like an intense job interview. I'm open to questions I should ask. :D

Thanks!  This will give me something to do while I fight off a(nother) headache.  Plus, it will give me practice for the future.  (There are 5 girls sitting in my signature, remember?)

1.  What are your favorite movies/TV shows/actors?

2.  What are some of your happy childhood memories?

3.  Where have you lived?

4.  Have you ever been on a missions trip?/Have you done volunteer work?

5.  Do you like animals?  ;)

• Like 5

Shall I come and bring the AR, so I can be cleaning it when he arrives?

• Like 4

Ask him about his mom. Did she make dinner every night? What kind of housekeeper was she? Was she a good cook? (Or "is" she, I should say. Not implying she's dead, here.) That should give you a baseline for his sub-conscious expectations regarding a wife.
  • Like 5