• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

As long as we're on gross topics, can I talk anyone into a menstrual cup?

*clean

*no smell

*incredibly comfortable

*no cramping

Remember people, I'm a clean freak!

I keep contemplating them, but really, I don't see how one would clean it and reinsert in a public bathroom, or at work.  Don't spare the gory details.  Mark won't mind.  Please explain it to me.

As long as we're on gross topics, can I talk anyone into a menstrual cup?

*clean

*no smell

*incredibly comfortable

*no cramping

Remember people, I'm a clean freak!

A friend of mine is also raving about this.  

If I were younger, maybe.  But methinks those days are soon to be behind me.  

Junie and Ikslo, sittin' in tree,

Sniffling and snuffling cuz they can't breathe.....

Now it's the other duck's turn.  

I've rarely had nasal congestion that bad, and the one time I can remember it being an issue, I slept propped up and it was gone the next day. 

#mouthbreather

I keep contemplating them, but really, I don't see how one would clean it and reinsert in a public bathroom, or at work. Don't spare the gory details. Mark won't mind. Please explain it to me.

Cup: My period is 4 days long with only one bad day and I don't go out that day. I imagine you could dump it and just reinsert it because your period is pretty sanitary. I could ask my doctor if that would be okay in a few days.

Netipot: It's life changing because when you are sick it makes you feel so much better. It's almost as if you're not sick. I'm all about feeling better. I don't know if unkers actually makes me better or just makes me feel better. Same with the neti pot, but I don't care. Just make me feel better. Please.

• Like 1

As I said, I use the saline rinse all year around.  And I hate it.  I do it because I have to.  When things are normal, it isn't so bad.  It doesn't hurt.  But it always makes me gag a bit.  When things are really bad, the ENT had me snorting a mixture of saline, white vinegar (just a touch) and baby shampoo (just a drop).  Oh my, that sends shooting pain up through the very bones of my skull and set every single nerve up there on fire.  I would do it while sobbing both before and after.  But it did get rid of the infection after six months straight of antibiotics, so there is that. 

Edited by Jean in Newcastle

I thought I was drowning when I used it. It would be a last resort for me. I do own one.

I have one. I've used it. And there have been times when it is wonderful. Great big globs of green snot just come pouring out and down the drain and it does feel good. However, most of the time I'm so congested the water doesn't go through. I try and try, but it just pours down the side of my face.

As I said, I use the saline rinse all year around.  And I hate it.  I do it because I have to.  When things are normal, it isn't so bad.  It doesn't hurt.  But it always makes me gag a bit.  When things are really bad, the ENT had me snorting a mixture of saline, white vinegar (just a touch) and baby shampoo (just a drop).  Oh my, that sends shooting pain up through the very bones of my skull and set every single nerve up there on fire.  I would do it while sobbing both before and after.  But it did get rid of the infection after six months straight of antibiotics, so there is that. 

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:   It sounds horrible.

• Like 1

I had to share my child today. She put this princess in her nose and started changing "I have a princess booger! I have a princess booger." 
She's a charm school dropout. 
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_39hkyGnNUHZkNRNVUyME50Rm8/view?usp=sharing

Also, how do I get this to just show as a picture and not the link?

Edited by Southern Ivy
  • Like 5

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:   It sounds horrible.

This was last Christmas and the year before.  Which explains why I'm so paranoid about guests and kids and vectors etc.  They really are out to get me! 

(PS - I did my morning squirty thing.  I should get a medal for that even though it wasn't bad because. . .  ptsd.)

• Like 2

I've considered a neti pot. It was a long time ago when Dd16 was younger than Gymnast. Gymnast could probably use a treatment right now.

No! Ask a doctor. I would not do that to a child. Also, you're supposed to use them before she's stuffed, otherwise the water could get trapped or exit from the wrong hole.

• Like 1

No! Ask a doctor. I would not do that to a child. Also, you're supposed to use them before she's stuffed, otherwise the water could get trapped or exit from the wrong hole.

She's not stuffed. It was a similar treatment considered while at the ER, but then they didn't do it.

I'm googling around. It's not recommended for 4 year olds, but it's been done. Mom has to do it. I prefer to do it in the shower because I tend to hock loogies and blow my nose for about 10 minutes afterwards and I'd rather do that in the steamy shower than standing over the sink. Plus, it's a messy endeavor to begin with.

#supersexyslachepost

• Like 2

I keep contemplating them, but really, I don't see how one would clean it and reinsert in a public bathroom, or at work.  Don't spare the gory details.  Mark won't mind.  Please explain it to me.

I used one for the last several years of my menstruating career. :lol: (Laughing because it sounds funny.)

Unless your flow is really heavy, it is likely that you will be able to not empty is during work.  I emptied it quite a lot in public, and it was not too terrible.  I emptied while on the toilet, reinserted it, wiped my hands with toilet paper, and then went directly to the sink and washed them.  It was not really that big a deal.  It was nice not having to carry supplies around.  It held a lot.  There was a learning curve.  It did not decrease my flow, btw, but I liked the convenience.  I liked the no chemicals.  I liked the money savings.

• Like 1

A friend of mine is also raving about this.  

If I were younger, maybe.  But methinks those days are soon to be behind me.  

I started using one when I was about 40.  I had the ablation at 45ish.  Wish I had used it sooner.  I had to go through several before finding one that was comfy.  The Divacup did not work.  It is the Mooncup that worked, I think.  It all runs together now that it's over. :leaving:

This is absolutely horrifying to me.  I hate things up my nose.  I am totally horrified on your behalf.

Renai stopped by again, and then left.

Good idea. It's gross here today. :huh:

Don't forget peeing in the shower.

:lol:

• Like 4

A Bruce Lee booyah! I had a huge crush on Bruce Lee as a teen. Then much much later I married dh, who when he was younger was at times mistaken for Bruce Lee (or at least a relative). Squeee!

Your man looks like Bruce Lee? I'm swooning over here!

If I hear one more person yukking it up saying how nice it is to have a warm Christmas in Connecticut and how lucky we are, I will scream.

Climate change: a real, honest to goodness thing that may make this planet uninhabitable for your children by the time they're your age. Not a joke.

SIgh.

• Like 2