Menu

Ignore this thread!

8 hours ago, ikslo said:

I wonder how long I can go having never listened to Wagon Wheel? I mean, I still have never seen Frozen.

Well, it's really a very old song - Bob Dylan old.  But a few bands and singers picked it up more recently.  

Sandwiches!

#letitgo

Oh that's just great! A Sandwiches Booyah!

ITT Fight Song

We are ITT   
a happy lucky posting family   
We are ITT   
Get up everybody and sing!

(Jean, 10/2020)

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

I actually like Zombie threads. I also feel like if they were meant to never be resurrected, then the admins would put an automatic lock on them after X amount of time. They don’t.  It drives me crazy how crabby people get because someone doesn’t notice it is an old thread. 

And yes, I know the whole POV that some people are no longer around, and sometimes the people have passed away and it makes people sad. But I just don’t think it is justification for shutting people down for attempting to join a conversation. Not every new person should automatically be tagged as a troll, imo. 

I have feelings about this. 🤣

• Like 6

1 minute ago, ikslo said:

I actually like Zombie threads. I also feel like if they were meant to never be resurrected, then the admins would put an automatic lock on them after X amount of time. They don’t.  It drives me crazy how crabby people get because someone doesn’t notice it is an old thread. 

And yes, I know the whole POV that some people are no longer around, and sometimes the people have passed away and it makes people sad. But I just don’t think it is justification for shutting people down for attempting to join a conversation. Not every new person should automatically be tagged as a troll, imo. 

I have feelings about this. 🤣

I will continue to report every one I see. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

How ironic! I almost resurrected a zombie thread this morning about great illustrated classics vs classic starts because I don't know which to start grabbing for the youngers. I want some that match the full books that Oldest and I will be reading when he's in highschool so we can discuss the stories as a family and no one feels left out. Family memories, right? 

I think the majority of them aren't being resurrected on purpose. I think it is newer homeschoolers that find the threads in a Google search. The dates aren't as obvious that way as they are when searching from the WTM site.

Edited by Servant4Christ
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Servant4Christ said:

How ironic! I almost resurrected a zombie thread this morning about great illustrated classics vs classic starts because I don't know which to start grabbing for the youngers. I want some that match the full books that Oldest and I will be reading when he's in highschool so we can discuss the stories as a family and no one feels left out. Family memories, right? 

I think the majority of them aren't being resurrected on purpose. I think it is newer homeschoolers that find the threads in a Google search. The dates aren't as obvious that way as they are when searching from the WTM site.

Many are resurrected by bots.  They post one time and never ever come back to the thread or even the forum. 

This is my opinion but:  posts like great books threads aren't as much of a problem.  But. . .   if you ask someone to clarify what they meant in an earlier post and that person has been gone from this forum for years then you won't get any answer.  Also- curriculum availability and choices change. 

My biggest problems are when someone resurrects a thread that I posted about my 20 year old's issues when she was three years old.  (This has happened.)  Hello, I don't remember that far back and she no longer has the problem!  If you have the same problem then see if anyone's answers to me help you.  If they don't, then start a new thread so that you can get specific answers that apply to your own three year old. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Servant4Christ said:

Classic Starts are what I am collecting. I have about 30 so far. I don’t like the other.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Many are resurrected by bots.  They post one time and never ever come back to the thread or even the forum. 

This is my opinion but:  posts like great books threads aren't as much of a problem.  But. . .   if you ask someone to clarify what they meant in an earlier post and that person has been gone from this forum for years then you won't get any answer.  Also- curriculum availability and choices change. 

My biggest problems are when someone resurrects a thread that I posted about my 20 year old's issues when she was three years old.  (This has happened.)  Hello, I don't remember that far back and she no longer has the problem!  If you have the same problem then see if anyone's answers to me help you.  If they don't, then start a new thread so that you can get specific answers that apply to your own three year old. 

Wow, Jean! You've been here THAT long!? I had no idea about the bots thing. You are definitely better educated on techy things than me. 

• Like 3

Ok. Jean. Or anyone with Kanji experience. Halp.

Option 1: Learn kanji with a workbook so that we're writing it in proper stroke order. Review on an app that you can practice stroke order with. Pros are stroke order and time requirements. Con is it's boring.

Option 2: Game that teaches same 2,000 kanji but not stroke order, relying on core curriculum for stroke order habits. Pros are fun and efficient, cons are no stroke order and more expensive.

I feel like option 1 is the *right* option, but that it won't get done. I'm essentially asking for permission to do option 2.

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

Wow, Jean! You've been here THAT long!? I had no idea about the bots thing. You are definitely better educated on techy things than me. 

My first post was when my eldest was three years old. I was introduced to the board by Patty Joanna (who hasn’t posted in a few years). My eldest is turning 25 in a couple of months. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, Slache said:

Ok. Jean. Or anyone with Kanji experience. Halp.

Option 1: Learn kanji with a workbook so that we're writing it in proper stroke order. Review on an app that you can practice stroke order with. Pros are stroke order and time requirements. Con is it's boring.

Option 2: Game that teaches same 2,000 kanji but not stroke order, relying on core curriculum for stroke order habits. Pros are fun and efficient, cons are no stroke order and more expensive.

I feel like option 1 is the *right* option, but that it won't get done. I'm essentially asking for permission to do option 2.

Personally I would use number one for learning and number two for review and practice. Stroke order really does matter- it makes it faster and more legible. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Personally I would use number one for learning and number two for review and practice. Stroke order really does matter- it makes it faster and more legible. 

That means learning everything twice.

• Like 3

We did 5 math lessons today! New chapter just happens to be on beginning geometry which Oldest remembers from CLE days. He breezed right through and asked if we could move on please. Yep, you'll be testing out of this chapter on Friday.

#notanedpo

Edited by Servant4Christ
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Or maybe a lot don’t come back because of the way this board treats first time posters who make a mistake.

You are entitled to your stance. I know a lot on these boards feel like you do. I’m going to continue to be irritated on their behalf every time. 🤣 Because, again, it would all be solved if they just automatically locked threads that are inactive for a certain length of time. 

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, ikslo said:

Or maybe a lot don’t come back because of the way this board treats first time posters who make a mistake.

You are entitled to your stance. I know a lot on these boards feel like you do. I’m going to continue to be irritated on their behalf every time. 🤣 Because, again, it would all be solved if they just automatically locked threads that are inactive for a certain length of time. 

I do agree with the automatically locking threads thing.  I suggested it and was told that they "didn't have time".  But I don't think that they realize that it could be programmed that way.  At least I'm pretty sure that it could be programmed that way. . .

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I do agree with the automatically locking threads thing.  I suggested it and was told that they "didn't have time".  But I don't think that they realize that it could be programmed that way.  At least I'm pretty sure that it could be programmed that way. . .

Oh, I just assumed it would be programmed. Ain’t nobody got time for that! 😆

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

I want to move the door from the garage into the house to the hallway instead of through the laundry room. People forget to close both doors all the time. Our house has very little carpet to absorb sound so the washer noise is loud. It’s probably pretty expensive, though.

Servie- that is awesome!

Edited by Green Bean
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Green Bean said:

I should go make dinner, right? People need to eat, right? Hmm... I think DH will grill burgers.

That sounds good.  For the first time ever, I bought a roasted chicken at the grocery store.  It was tasty.

Who has the Cranky Pantz?  I need the ones with tranquilizer dispenser.  I was of a mind to start yelling in frustration at every adult leader in ds's scout troop but instead I left quickly and came home.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

4 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

My first post was when my eldest was three years old. I was introduced to the board by Patty Joanna (who hasn’t posted in a few years). My eldest is turning 25 in a couple of months. 

I think I joined 3 years later...

3 hours ago, Slache said:

That means learning everything twice.

That is the advantage of using Skritter. I use it for Chinese, but Japanese is on there too. It is an app, but stroke order matters. If you do the stroke out of order, the correct line will briefly pop up, so it is enforced. Great for touchscreen. It has definitions, translations, a few other perks - can upload your own word lists, etc. It is expensive if you are not in the group buy group. The group buy is very inexpensive - I got separate accounts for both Gymnast and me.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Renai said:

I think I joined 3 years later...

That is the advantage of using Skritter. I use it for Chinese, but Japanese is on there too. It is an app, but stroke order matters. If you do the stroke out of order, the correct line will briefly pop up, so it is enforced. Great for touchscreen. It has definitions, translations, a few other perks - can upload your own word lists, etc. It is expensive if you are not in the group buy group. The group buy is very inexpensive - I got separate accounts for both Gymnast and me.

Oh, and it does that review thing I can't remember the name of - when you know the character well, you don't see it as often...spaced review? I don't remember.

Points for quoting self.

Edited by Renai
  • Like 4

I feel like I probably have the second oldest child on ITT.  Dd just turned 28.  I thought Jean had me beat but evidently not.

I go for my mammogram first thing tomorrow morning.  Then I have to bury bones for my forensics class.   Somebody killed Snow White and 6 of the dwarfs.   They have to find the evidence and solve the crime.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

39 minutes ago, Renai said:

Japanese Kanji Study is like skritter but less expensive with more benefits. The thing is that with 2,000 kanji the game is more appealing.

• Like 5