• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

We were at church. In a bit, I'll be taking Oldest to a different church so she can practice with the band for a concert tonight. I'm also working on tomorrow's homework, with the goal of completing it tonight. Oh yeah, somewhere in this mess I need to finish this week's lesson plans and send them electronically to the principal by tomorrow morning.

• Like 4

Congrats to those with electronic means of washing and drying clothes. We have neither. Our washer has been broken for over a year, and I have yet to open it up to see if I can't get it to turn again. Clothes are washed by hand (and brush). Our dryer is the outdoors. It works well on warm days when clothes dry rapidly. During colder times, we plan on 2 days for clothes to dry completely. Because, who has time for laundromats? Best plan ahead. :D

• Like 2

I have painted the background for my cover art for my novel. :001_smile: Best part was that my watercolors were not all dried up. Picture isn't quite done yet, but at least the wash is done. It's drying now, and this evening I will start working in watercolor pencil on it.

• Like 7

I have painted the background for my cover art for my novel. :001_smile: Best part was that my watercolors were not all dried up. Picture isn't quite done yet, but at least the wash is done. It's drying now, and this evening I will start working in watercolor pencil on it.

Will you show it to us eventually? I love to see original art! (Plus, I wish I could do art and I have to live vicariously through you.)

• Like 2

Will you show it to us eventually? I love to see original art! (Plus, I wish I could do art and I have to live vicariously through you.) 

Sure! 

But it would be a real stretch to call it art. It's just a cover for the book because I wanted to make one. Might as well own the whole thing-bad art, bad grammar and all! :laugh:

• Like 1

Sure! 

But it would be a real stretch to call it art. It's just a cover for the book because I wanted to make one. Might as well own the whole thing-bad art, bad grammar and all! :laugh:

I seriously doubt it's all bad. Plus, you have Mark here to help with art, and Tex to edit your grammar. No excuses. :P

• Like 2

I unlike the poop/potty part.

But the walk sounds fabulous. I wish you could've went too.

It frosted here last night. My tomato plants are finally dead. The day has been beautiful though. A walk would've been great, but we didnt. Because clothes/laundry. :(

I'm hoping it frosts here soon. That will help put an end to dd's horrible allergies. 

• Like 4

Hi everyone! Wow I am shocked this thread is still going...do not expect me to back track and read all that I have missed, logging on today put me at over 8000 notifications.  That is insane.  

Life has been rushing by, with so much to do and not enough hours in the day.  Still homeschooling, now working 40 hours a week and doing 4 college classes this term (which counts as fulltime, term is 1/2 over and midterms will be right around the corner).  Our schedule is as insane as ever, which is why I have not been around.  Decided today to take a break from cooking and cleaning and my homework to check in on the hive and see how things are.  Looks like it is also time to update my signature.  All the kids had birthdays as we finished off summer and headed into fall.  Hope all is well with everyone :)

• Like 8

By the way, some of you people (ahem, you know who you are) are accomplishing way too much.  School for yourself, school for your kids, full time jobs, doing laundry by hand, signing up for novel writing and doing your own artwork on the cover of your novel, etc, etc.  You're making the rest of us look bad.  Stop it.  :hat:

• Like 7

I did that thing where I don't feel well so I ask Matt for a particular thing for dinner and then I can't eat it so I send it back and I ask Matt for another particular thing and he makes it but I can't eat that either so I send it back and ask for another particular thing and he says no so now I'm eating a cookie.

• Like 5

Congrats to those with electronic means of washing and drying clothes. We have neither. Our washer has been broken for over a year, and I have yet to open it up to see if I can't get it to turn again. Clothes are washed by hand (and brush). Our dryer is the outdoors. It works well on warm days when clothes dry rapidly. During colder times, we plan on 2 days for clothes to dry completely. Because, who has time for laundromats? Best plan ahead. :D

Wow.  Impressive, Renai!

We did that once, for a week, at a friend's un-electrified cabin.  The novelty of it was fun (we used an old washboard and ringer) but it was rather time-consuming.

Granted, we had two in cloth diapers at the time.  But still!  I.am.impressed.

• Like 2

I did that thing where I don't feel well so I ask Matt for a particular thing for dinner and then I can't eat it so I send it back and I ask Matt for another particular thing and he makes it but I can't eat that either so I send it back and ask for another particular thing and he says no so now I'm eating a cookie.

A rather circuitous way to get a cookie, but whateves.  It worked.  

May have to try it.

• Like 1

Going to bed.

Hope Tex had a good day and safe driving.

Lynn, I am glad the eternal swim meet is over.

Can't wait to hear about Renai's dd solo.

Slache, I hope your tummy is feeling better.

Ivy and swellmomma, glad you checked in. And, wow, that's a heavy schedule, swellmomma. Be sure to take care of yourself, and good luck with everything.

Critter, I am excited about the cover art too. Can't wait to see it.

Jean, is your headache better? I hope so.

Ikslo, way to go. Clean bathrooms are wonderful. (I just wish someone else would do the cleaning) :D

• Like 3

I'm trying to take this thread seriously. I'm about to attempt getting this picture in here. What do you do to paste pictures in? Just attach the file?

There are probably other ways to do it, but the only way I've managed to get it to work is to paste the url from photobucket.  

Just watch out for Slache.  She's a stalker.   :laugh:

• Like 2

There are probably other ways to do it, but the only way I've managed to get it to work is to paste the url from photobucket.  

I upload them into my profile on another forum which shrinks it for me, and then I resave it to my computer from that file, and then upload it here. 

• Like 1

Wow.  Impressive, Renai!

We did that once, for a week, at a friend's un-electrified cabin.  The novelty of it was fun (we used an old washboard and ringer) but it was rather time-consuming.

Granted, we had two in cloth diapers at the time.  But still!  I.am.impressed.

When diapers get kinda hard from hanging outside on the line, just rub them together. They soften right up. That was dh's job. :D

• Like 4

When diapers get kinda hard from hanging outside on the line, just rub them together. They soften right up. That was dh's job. :D

Dhs come in handy for things like that.   :laugh: 

The hardest thing for us was getting them to air-dry in time for the next round of.... well..... poop.  And boiling the water, since we only had access to very cold lake water.    That took time.  

• Like 2

My mother asked if we could Skype some weekend because she has a friend from out of town coming in. I told her I wanted to know what time so I could have the kids ready and she completely blew up on me. She said she was tired of kowtowing (new word :D) to me and said she's tired of me making everything so hard. She was screaming and Matt heard everything and said that she was being completely unreasonable. She said I make it really hard to love me. My heart's in my stomach right now. I know she doesn't love me. It's not her fault. She doesn't know how. I just wish she didn't hate me so much at times.

My mother asked if we could Skype some weekend because she has a friend from out of town coming in. I told her I wanted to know what time so I could have the kids ready and she completely blew up on me. She said she was tired of kowtowing (new word :D) to me and said she's tired of me making everything so hard. She was screaming and Matt heard everything and said that she was being completely unreasonable. She said I make it really hard to love me. My heart's in my stomach right now. I know she doesn't love me. It's not her fault. She doesn't know how. I just wish she didn't hate me so much at times.

(((((((((((((((((((((( Slache ))))))))))))))))))))))))

(That's a really big hug.  You are completely right -- she doesn't know how to love.  But dysfunction hurts.  Praying she figures it out.  Glad she has your family to look to as a positive example.)  

• Like 1

((Slache)) what a bitch