Menu

Ignore this thread!

Is this a joke? My kids are smarter than those pinkos. Seriously though, why do you say that?

Kinda. I was backing you up on the 8 oz of wine a week while pregnant. The fact of the matter is, it is proven that everyone internationally tests better than Americans. I don't know if they drink as much as we do though. Although in Germany, it was known the beer was safer than the water. (when I lived there as a teen in the late 80's)

Kinda. I was backing you up on the 8 oz of wine a week while pregnant. The fact of the matter is, it is proven that everyone internationally tests better than Americans. I don't know if they drink as much as we do though. Although in Germany, it was known the beer was safer than the water. (when I lived there as a teen in the late 80's)

International schools teach a lot more and in better ways than our schools do.  That seems like a much better predictor of knowledge and intelligence over how much alcohol their moms drink (or the kids too).  

But that's as serious as I'm going to get on this thread.   :hat:  :biggrinjester:

• Like 2

I assumed you were talking testing scores. I just wondered if you knew something I didn't about the kids over there.

International schools teach a lot more and in better ways than our schools do.  That seems like a much better predictor of knowledge and intelligence over how much alcohol their moms drink (or the kids too).  

But that's as serious as I'm going to get on this thread.   :hat:  :biggrinjester:

:iagree:  Yup.

Outta likes again.

Fwiw, I craved wine during one pregnancy.

Now that's a sophisticated baby. I've never craved alcohol before. I hadn't started drinking yet when I was pregnant with John. With Mary there was some in the last bottle so I finished it with Matt. Maybe 2 oz. Everyone I knew was mortified. I had wine like a week ago. That would have put me at about 2-3 weeks. I don't care to completely abstain because I don't think it's necessary, but we'll see if I can afford any. :lol:

• Like 1

I see you all have been loafing around all day, while I have been up since 5am to say happy birthday to dh before sending him and ds10 on their camping/hiking weekend. After which I spent several hours painting stage sets. Then I picked up dd17 from rehearsal and brought her home, took a quick potty break, and then went to the pet store and grocery store. Only to come home to find that no one had done the chores they were supposed to do. It's 3:30 and haven't had lunch and I'm hungry and thirsty and exhausted and in a snit because I had been looking forward to a fun girl's night and now I get to spend the next 3 hours putting away groceries and cleaning and am not feeling inclined to sharing any of the fun dinner and snack foods I bought for tonight.

#iclearlyneedmorecoffee

• Like 5

Not everyone tests better than Americans. It depends where you are:

http://globalreportcard.org/map.html

I want to explain why this is so and give other links such as those which show that US Asian Americans perform better than students in Korea, Japan, and Taipei, but let's just say... we have some great schools here, too.

• Like 4

I see you all have been loafing around all day, while I have been up since 5am to say happy birthday to dh before sending him and ds10 on their camping/hiking weekend. After which I spent several hours painting stage sets. Then I picked up dd17 from rehearsal and brought her home, took a quick potty break, and then went to the pet store and grocery store. Only to come home to find that no one had done the chores they were supposed to do. It's 3:30 and haven't had lunch and I'm hungry and thirsty and exhausted and in a snit because I had been looking forward to a fun girl's night and now I get to spend the next 3 hours putting away groceries and cleaning and am not feeling inclined to sharing any of the fun dinner and snack foods I bought for tonight.

#iclearlyneedmorecoffee

I think some people who didn't do their chores should be doing 3 hours of putting away groceries and cleaning.  Just sayin'

• Like 4

Kids back from swimming and now all including baby are gone again.  I need to:

• clean my desk out so that I can find the bills I need to pay
  • pay them
  • move the junk in the garage back into the bleepity-bleep-bleep crawlspace
  • except for the junk that I plan to kon-mari
  • but can't because dh wants to "discuss" kon-mari-ing it first, and keeps putting that discussion off because he's not emotionally ready for it,
  • and cook ziti for the babysitter tonight
  • so that we can go out on a date
  • which should be lovely date because we actually have a reservation and won't just end up at the vietnamese lunch counter place again
  • unless we discuss kon-mari-ing things 
  • in which case the date will be a flop because I will feel like he values our exersaucer and  his dad's broken end table over my own sanity
  • while he will feel that I am foolishly unwilling to plan for future unforeseen circumstances in which we may NEED an exersaucer and his dad's broken end table.

I am overwhelmed.  Hence/Thus I think I will start with lunch.  

Plus  earn points for self-quoting.  

Oh, and ETA:  wash two enormous loads of dishes (by hand)

• Like 4

I think some people who didn't do their chores should be doing 3 hours of putting away groceries and cleaning. Just sayin'

Yes - that is a good plan. Unfortunately, dd17 had to go meet some classmates to work on a class project, but I did round up dd12 and dd9 who managed to load the dishwasher, empty the kitchen trash, and do a bit of clean up. I have also eaten some lunch, so I'm feeling much more human. Next I will have coffee and a chocolate covered salted caramel that I wisely picked up at Aldi for such an occasion as this. :D

• Like 4

Yes, post it for us.  It will be fun.   :D

Here it is. Something seems off to me, especially on the baseline.

Demographics

This study will take place in a prekindergarten classroom at one of the 14 elementary schools in a southwestern public school. According to 2014-15 school data on the district website, this school’s demographics consisted of: 79% Hispanic, 16% Caucasian, 3% Asian/Pacific Islander, 1% African American, and 1% Native American. Seventy-two percent of students qualified for free or reduced meals and 26% were considered English Language Learners. These numbers are similar to district statistics as well.

Target Population

The participants are 25 prekindergarten children split between 3-hour morning and afternoon sessions. Of the 25 students, 13 speak Spanish in the home. Four bilingual students speak only, or mostly (>95%), English in the classroom, and nine students are considered Dual-Language Learners (DLL), speaking only or mostly Spanish in the classroom. Most of these students will continue at this school, which uses a subtractive bilingual model of teaching; that is, very little, if any. native language support is given in the classroom for students to understand content as they learn English. Thus, it is important that students from an early age build upon English skills - both conversational and academic - while building their native language foundation.

Baseline

Data will be collected from five of the seven New Mexico Preschool Essential Indicators (EIs) which relate to literacy. The areas of literacy collected are: conversation ability (language), writing, story comprehension, alphabet knowledge, and sounds of language (phonemic awareness). Both writing and story comprehension are anecdotal notes, with writing having a sample attached. The other EIs are checklist items marked as observations during child-led or teacher-guided activities.  All EIs are marked on an 8-point scale, from Emerging level (before three years old) to Kindergarten level. This data is collected in both English and Spanish twice a year. Baseline data collection due date is October 28 . Native language and English are both assessed to determine student receptive and expressive language growth in both languages. Other data collected included parent interviews conducted at the beginning of the school year and included a question on book reading habits in the home.

Reference

Susan, I know you're a better house keeper than I am, but seriously. Throw the cold stuff in the fridge, leave the rest, and get outta there!!

I cooked chicken tenders (gf) for the fam that I will not eat.  Now I am cooking potatoes and green beans.

I can't cook chicken tenders without causing a wreck of the entire kitchen and using every dish we own.

Your chicken tenders sound like our fish and chips. It's so much work for such a simple meal!

Here try my easy recipe for chicken tenders:

Open bag of Tyson tenders. Put tenders on tray. Bake according to instructions turning over halfway through.

#smartass

#oneineverygroup

#isaidass

Consider yourselves liked. Tsuga, I feel the same way about enchiladas (done the right way, one at a time).

• Like 2

Here try my easy recipe for chicken tenders:

Open bag of Tyson tenders. Put tenders on tray. Bake according to instructions turning over halfway through.

#smartass

#oneineverygroup

#isaidass

Alas, hence, thus, etc, we are gluten free.

#alsoasmartass

#twoineverygroup

#isaidass

#longlivethecursers

• Like 2

We made it!!!!! Woo hoo!!! We placed fourth and scored 70. We even scored higher than one of the bands that is usually one of the top three in the state! It is really looking like we will make it to state finals this year. :party: Dd16 is so excited.

Arghety Argh!

• Like 1