• KrissiK

Do you know the Five Little Ducks song?  Here's just the first verse:

Five little ducks
Went out one day
Over the hill and far away
Mother duck said
"Quack, quack, quack, quack."
But only four little ducks came back.

I could not sing this song because ds would go into a full meltdown because the mother duck lost her babies.  It didn't matter that they come back at the end of the song.  I mean full sobbing, hiccuping, almost throwing up because he was so upset.  He still really loves his mama and wants me to be happy.  

• Like 8

The other day Little Duck spent about 5 minutes happily singing at the top of her lungs, "I'M A CINNAMON BUN; COME EAT ME UP!!!!"

When I finally decided to pay attention to her, I discovered her laying on the living room floor, on her back, all rolled up in a white blanket with nothing but her blonde hair and big smiling face poking out.  

• Like 7

Do you know the Five Little Ducks song?  Here's just the first verse:

Five little ducks

Went out one day

Over the hill and far away

Mother duck said

"Quack, quack, quack, quack."

But only four little ducks came back.

I could not sing this song because ds would go into a full meltdown because the mother duck lost her babies.  It didn't matter that they come back at the end of the song.  I mean full sobbing, hiccuping, almost throwing up because he was so upset.  He still really loves his mama and wants me to be happy.  

:scared:  :crying:  :crying:  :crying:  :crying:  :svengo:

• Like 1

The other day Little Duck spent about 5 minutes happily singing at the top of her lungs, "I'M A CINNAMON BUN; COME EAT ME UP!!!!"

When I finally decided to pay attention to her, I discovered her laying on the living room floor, on her back, all rolled up in a white blanket with nothing but her blonde hair and big smiling face poking out.  

I really need this child.  Please stick her on the very first bus to Texas.   :001_wub:

• Like 7

Half your photo bucket is booyahs. It's funny how those who know they're wrong are so desperate to prove they're not. And yes, I'm that creepy.

:lol: That's just because I'm old and have only learned how to use photo bucket for the purpose of this thread.  And I don't use it very well.  That's why my "ETA" up there took ten minutes.  

I am honored to be stalked by you.  Weirded out, yes, but also honored.  

• Like 5

:lol: That's just because I'm old and have only learned how to use photo bucket for the purpose of this thread. And I don't use it very well. That's why my "ETA" up there took ten minutes.

I am honored to be stalked by you. Weirded out, yes, but also honored.

I don't have a photo bucket. I have an instagram. Do I get credit for that? You've stalked me too. We both know it.

• Like 1

She should since she apparently doesn't pay any attention to them and lets them break expensive kitchen equipment.

Little Duck could tear up my whole house and I would not care.  Love Little Duck.

P.S.  My own (thought about calling them heathens but couldn't do it) children have already torn the whole place up so she really couldn't do any damage.

• Like 3

That's child neglect right there.

I started this whole healthy thing when John was 3 months old. As a side effect my children are much healthier and make much better decisions than I ever thought my children would make. I mean, these are *my* children. I used to eat apple pie for breakfast. My kids are always begging for quinoa salad and Jamba Juice. It's so wrong.

• Like 5

She should since she apparently doesn't pay any attention to them and lets them break expensive kitchen equipment.

And eat at the beach without first washing their hands.

And go swimming as their bath for the week.

And climb on the sill of the picture window to watch traffic go by.  

And jump on the bed to learn math facts.

And eat mulch at the playground if they are so inclined. 

And change their own blessed pull-up if they are determined to remain unpotty-trained until adulthood.  

#badmama

:lol:   

• Like 9

And eat at the beach without first washing their hands.

And go swimming as their bath for the week.

And climb on the sill of the picture window to watch traffic go by.  

And jump on the bed to learn math facts.

And eat mulch at the playground if they are so inclined. 

And change their own blessed pull-up if they are determined to remain unpotty-trained until adulthood.  

#badmama

:lol:   

My hero.

• Like 5

:lurk5:

There's 11 responses. Something MUST be going on here! :lol:

{Spoken with sarcasm} "There are eleven responses. Please correct your post to reflect proper grammar.

What would Susan say?? And to think you homeschool your kids . . . "

:coolgleamA:  :laugh:  :lol:  (Thinking I better scoot before someone shoots a slingshot at me  . . .  :auto: )

• Like 5

{Spoken with sarcasm} "There are eleven responses. Please correct your post to reflect proper grammar.

What would Susan say?? And to think you homeschool your kids . . . "

:coolgleamA:  :laugh:  :lol:  (Thinking I better scoot before someone shoots a slingshot at me  . . .  :auto: )

Hey, lookie that!  We sucked Scrap in!  

• Like 5

I started this whole healthy thing when John was 3 months old. As a side effect my children are much healthier and make much better decisions than I ever thought my children would make. I mean, these are *my* children. I used to eat apple pie for breakfast. My kids are always begging for quinoa salad and Jamba Juice. It's so wrong.

My kids know what a cinnamon roll is and still fight over the raw veggies. Especially spinach. They love raw spinach. I don't know what's wrong with my kids.

• Like 1

Yeah, that catastrophe is a hoot.

My mother sings a slower version of it, to help differentiate lmnop. It's the same until you get to LMN. So it goes like this (with Twinkle in parentheses just as a guide):

ABCDEFG (Twinkle Twinkle Little Star)

HIJK (How I wonder)

LMN (What You are)

OPQ (Up Above)

RST (The World So High)

UVW (Like a Diamond)

XYZ (In the sky)

Now I know my abc's; next time won't you sing with me.

g][/url]

If I remember correctly, this is the way MFW teaches it too.

My kids know what a cinnamon roll is and still fight over the raw veggies. Especially spinach. They love raw spinach. I don't know what's wrong with my kids.

Them too. Raw spinach and broccoli. They don't like peas or brussels sprouts and my MIL insists I need to be more stern and force them. I *think* that having broccoli or spinach every night is good enough.  :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Frugal to a fault. Yesterday, I bought six organic canisters of raisins that expired in August because they were 99 cents. FOR ORGANIC RAISINS. They taste perfectly fine. :D I'm just not that picky so cat pee lotion (only if I bend over with no pants) is low on my list of problems. :hat:

See above. I'm a pants-wearer, so I'm safe. Dh thinks I am a supermodel no matter what I do (and his sense of smell is just terrible), which I appreciate more and more the older I get as my face slides slowly towards the floor. #oldage #thestruggleisreal

But see, I would smell it. Even if you have pants and without me bending over. I thought you loved me better than that.

It was funny, Slash. No worries. We were teasing Tex. We all know she's too smart for her own good, lol!

Yah, it was funny.   :laugh:

But see, I would smell it. Even if you have pants and without me bending over. I thought you loved me better than that.

Do you want me to throw away the cat pee lotion?  Do you smell it from New Mexico?  Or can I pinkie swear just to never wear it around you when we meet for our family reunions/editing parties?

• Like 4

Them too. Raw spinach and broccoli. They don't like peas or brussels sprouts and my MIL insists I need to be more stern and force them. I *think* that having broccoli or spinach every night is good enough. :rolleyes:

Yep, the broccoli too. And youngest doesn't like peas too much either.

• Like 1

Yah, it was funny.   :laugh:

Do you want me to throw away the cat pee lotion?  Do you smell it from New Mexico?  Or can I pinkie swear just to never wear it around you when we meet for our family reunions/editing parties?

Well, maybe, just maybe, if you promise to not wear it within my vicinity (like when in the ITT thread), then it'll be okay. I don't want to have to think you're smelling like cat pee while I'm "talking" to you. It's a bit disconcerting.

• Like 2

I just finished talking to dh's mom on the phone. She thought the problem was his drinking. I explained in minute detail what he does/says when he drinks. I think she started crying. But, she now understands the real problem. I actually like my MIL.

• Like 3