Menu

Ignore this thread!

Not post padding but off to bed. I told my beloved to sleep on someone's couch rather than trying to sober up before coming home (seriously, they went liquor tasting). I hope he takes my advice and gets a good night's sleep. He deserves it.

• Like 2

Awesome birthday party. We were in this room with bouncy houses and slides, then we went into a bigger room with cooler stuff, then went to a room for pizza and presents while the birthday girl sat on a massive thrown. I am so sweaty because Mary was too little to do anything by herself.

Sounds like you were probably near a WalMart.  :D

• Like 6

Good morning!!!!

Today is the marching band regional competition. If we make it through this round, then, in two weeks, we go to semi-state. If we make it through there, then we go to Indianapolis, Lucas Oil Stadium, for the state competition.

The farthest we have gotten is semi-state, but I think we may make it to Indy this year. I hope so, anyway.

Good luck, Lynn with the swim meet and undercover shopping.:D

• Like 7

The other day Mary was going to fall backwards into a corner. I was able to grab her by the hair and guide her into smashing her face into the side of the couch. She was mad at me for hours.

DS was on my shoulders once and I let one hand go to do something and he twisted at the same time and down he went. Dropped the poor kid on his head. Hard. Hospital visit/CAT scan - the whole nine yards since his eyes rolled back in his head - and he still brings it up. Remember that time you dropped me on my head, mom?

Yes, yes I do. And it made you smarter, dear, so be thankful.

I accidentally helped the Oldest's teeth fall out of her mouth. I was doing a spiritual lesson about walking in darkness...and I guided her mouth into the kitchen cabinet. Those teeth were already loose anyway. It has been almost 10 years and she still hasn't let me live it down.

• Like 5

Today I'm going to lead a practice session of the Thriller dance, in preparation for next week's Guinness Book of World Records Thrill the World event. Mr. Ellie is going with me to be my tech and play the videos from the Thrill the World site.

Then I'm coming home and cleaning two bedrooms which I, the empty nester, have allowed to become cluttered, for crying out loud. And then I will nap. I have no plans after that.

That is all.

• Like 7

I went over my step goal today. Which is good. But my muscles were cramping up. Once that starts it can be hard to stop. I've been trying to use a foam roller. The cat, one dog and the rabbit are all trying to help me. The other dog is banished outside because he's wild.

My mom says to drink pickle juice when you have a muscle cramp.

#idareya

• Like 4

Is there any way to salvage what is on a flash drive? I have one that is broken. Sometimes the light will flash on for a split second, then dies. Is there anything that can be done? I have a wealth of info on it. If I could just have it on long enough to upload some stuff to google drive I'll be happy.

Dh broke his once and paid $1,000 to get everything off of it from a company that specializes in it.  He had all of the information from the business on it.  It also took a couple of weeks.

Is it bad that I'm googling for various shopping opportunities in the vacinity of the swim meet for later today?

#badmom

I am hoping for an outlet mall for you.

Today I'm going to lead a practice session of the Thriller dance, in preparation for next week's Guinness Book of World Records Thrill the World event. Mr. Ellie is going with me to be my tech and play the videos from the Thrill the World site.

Then I'm coming home and cleaning two bedrooms which I, the empty nester, have allowed to become cluttered, for crying out loud. And then I will nap. I have no plans after that.

That is all.

I want to come live with you because fun and extra bedrooms.

• Like 5

I can't like this.

It was horrifying.  We don't have $1000 lying around.  However, he had to have it.  He thought his stuff was backed up to an external hard drive besides the flash drive, but he was wrong.  Then when he bumped the flash drive with his knee and broke it, he was in trouble.  It was one of those really expensive lessons.

I do have some lotion that smells like cat pee. I thought the cats had gotten into my closet and peed there until I figured out that it was me and my new lotion that smelled like cat pee.

Why does someone make lotion that smells like cat pee?

Because idiots will buy it.

I do have some lotion that smells like cat pee. I thought the cats had gotten into my closet and peed there until I figured out that it was me and my new lotion that smelled like cat pee.

Someone at work uses something that smells like cat food. Makes me want to hurl for about 30 seconds multiple times per day. I just can't figure out who it is yet. Been going on for a few months now.

• Like 1

I come back to find that my honor has been insulted and then double defended.

The cat pee lotion was "all natural" and on clearance.  I'm all about clearance.  I still use it because frugal.  I only put it on my lower legs so I can only smell it if I bend over while wearing no pants, which is not something that, thankfully, happens often.

• Like 3

That is all.

Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's totally dreamy daily schedule.  (I am talking to myself, here).  

• Like 4

I do have some lotion that smells like cat pee.  I thought the cats had gotten into my closet and peed there until I figured out that it was me and my new lotion that smelled like cat pee.

Or denim that smells like a dirty diaper no matter how many times you wash it?  A few bad experiences with that and now I wander through the clearance racks sniffing everything before even trying a pair of jeans on.  I need a trained dog.  

• Like 3

I come back to find that my honor has been insulted and then double defended.

The cat pee lotion was "all natural" and on clearance.  I'm all about clearance.  I still use it because frugal.  I only put it on my lower legs so I can only smell it if I bend over while wearing no pants, which is not something that, thankfully, happens often.

I debated about liking this. This is just terrible. I may need to rethink defending you on this issue.  :thumbdown:  :scared:  :ack2:

• Like 2

Well, Tex is smart enough to throw it out now that she knows...or she can put it with her ninja supplies. Fight of bad people with cat stench.

Well, Tex has just outed herself that she is not as "smart enough" as we formally thought. Unless spreading cat pee lotion on her legs is part of her ninja defense.

• Like 1

Maybe it's just your nose, Tex.  Sinus infections have destroyed my sense of smell.... I only smell bad odors, now, if at all, and even things that used to smell lovely can smell funky to me.    

Or maybe you're just doing it for the sake of all the sweet little kittehs??

I'm sure there's a perfectly reasonable explanation.

#dontmesswithmytex

#gotcherbacktexie

• Like 5

Agenda for the weekend:

Take oldest to youth Bible study, and pray she gets a ride back (30 minutes away, car not in best condition)

Clean out the pantry. For reals this time. Because pantry moths again. Put foods in new Rubbermaid containers. :D

Turn in Demographics homework

Read more articles for final Literature Review due next Saturday and fill out the article matrix from said info

Decide whether dh deserves to live in this house

• Like 4

Agenda for the weekend:

Take oldest to youth Bible study, and pray she gets a ride back (30 minutes away, car not in best condition)

Clean out the pantry. For reals this time. Because pantry moths again. Put foods in new Rubbermaid containers. :D

Turn in Demographics homework

Read more articles for final Literature Review due next Saturday and fill out the article matrix from said info

Decide whether dh deserves to live in this house

Ugh.  I hate pantry moths.  Ask me about the time I lived in a barn.

Is dh staying sober? 

Shucks.  Now I hear plastic crackling.  It's reminding me of time is older brother spread an entire jumbo-sized box of cheerios all over the family room carpet.  Do you how impossible it is to vacuum those things up?  

That's why dogs are better than vacuums.  I miss having a dog for that very reason. 

• Like 2

I debated about liking this. This is just terrible. I may need to rethink defending you on this issue.  :thumbdown:  :scared:  :ack2:

Frugal to a fault.  Yesterday, I bought six organic canisters of raisins that expired in August because they were 99 cents.  FOR ORGANIC RAISINS.  They taste perfectly fine.  :D  I'm just not that picky so cat pee lotion (only if I bend over with no pants) is low on my list of problems. :hat:

Well, Tex has just outed herself that she is not as "smart enough" as we formally thought. Unless spreading cat pee lotion on her legs is part of her ninja defense.

See above.  I'm a pants-wearer, so I'm safe.  Dh thinks I am a supermodel no matter what I do (and his sense of smell is just terrible), which I appreciate more and more the older I get as my face slides slowly towards the floor.  #oldage  #thestruggleisreal

• Like 2

I love listening to Mary sing the ABC song. So many extra vowels. And that little catastrophe in the middle. So cute.

Yeah, that catastrophe is a hoot.

My mother sings a slower version of it, to help differentiate lmnop.  It's the same until you get to LMN. So it goes like this (with Twinkle in parentheses just as a guide):

ABCDEFG (Twinkle Twinkle Little Star)

HIJK (How I wonder)

LMN (What You are)

OPQ  (Up Above)

RST (The World So High)

UVW (Like a Diamond)

XYZ (In the sky)

Now I know my abc's; next time won't you sing with me...

ETA:  df79ba7c-970c-419b-aede-7486c728df93_zps

• Like 5