Menu

Ignore this thread!

Zone diet. Fruit, vegetables, lean meats. No grains (though the Zone diet technically allows some).

I realized that I have some leftover not-so-stupid chicken stir fry. I'll have that instead. I like salads. Just not every single day . . . .

I have some recipes that fit that. Are you interested? For variety's sake.

He was probably right. People use "thus" all the time when they should use "hence".

Or rather, just use the more conventional, but admittedly less abbreviated, non-archaic English for maximum comprehension in the first place.

Yes, but would you interrupt a conversation between two people you didn't know having a conversation you didn't care about to correct their word usage? And then give a look that indicated you were God's gift to the poor uneducated masses?

• Like 2

Well, when I just looked up "thus," the definition provided by the all-knowing Gooooooooooogle had "in this way" as the secondary definition, and "consequently/for that reason" as the primary, so I have decided, and consequently so it must be, that:

1) it depends on which dictionary you use

2) popular usage defines a language, and things fall in and out of fashion, rendering your grandma's rules archaic

3) transposing them is not the same as comprise/compose, because even MW has the third definition of THUS as "because of this or that: HENCE, CONSEQUENTLY" so :001_tt2:

However, I will defer to Queen Ellie and if she tells me I have to use Hence instead of Thus, I will.

#h in both

My New Lexicon Webster's defines "thus" 1. In this way, and 2. For this reason

I will endeavor to forthwith use both words with the most obscurely defined usage as possible.

• Like 3

The bills are paid, we have a little grocery money, and I ordered the Bible Study Guide For All Ages stuff because it was from a hive member and I didn't want to keep her waiting. We also pulled off Erin's birthday gift and my dad hopes to get the bunk beds for my man as a birthday gift. If we can make an extra $300 by next month we should be in the clear and back on track until the next catastrophe.

• Like 4

Every fat person I have ever known was always complaining of being hot.

True for me. I am both fat and constantly hot. 

But I know many fat people (mostly women) who are ALWAYS cold. I work with women who keep space heaters going under their desks all summer in offices with sunlight streaming in the window.

But I know many fat people (mostly women) who are ALWAYS cold. I work with women who keep space heaters going under their desks all summer in offices with sunlight streaming in the window.

This makes sense. Our fat is stored differently than yours. That's why we have more cellulite. That's probably why.

I'm freezing my butt off at the park so my kid can play basketball with the locals. Can I get a medal? Applause would suffice shouldst ore be in short supply.

I will mail you one of my paleo medals.  I am still doing paleo, but I demanded so many that I have extra. You deserve it.

• Like 1

I think that's a lot of women in general. I have a sweater on at my desk all summer- but I am not fat.

I made these, and they are really good:

http://powerhungry.com/2015/02/easy-almond-flour-waffles-paleo-gluten-free-grain-free/

The bills are paid, we have a little grocery money, and I ordered the Bible Study Guide For All Ages stuff because it was from a hive member and I didn't want to keep her waiting. We also pulled off Erin's birthday gift and my dad hopes to get the bunk beds for my man as a birthday gift. If we can make an extra $300 by next month we should be in the clear and back on track until the next catastrophe.

Ahem.  You have enough money for a pg test because ITT.

I'm not very complicated.  

You really aren't.  I can't deal with complicated people.  I lack the brain power.

• Like 5