• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

I don't know what type of area to describe where this school is located. They redrew such a convoluted boundary that stretches through all types of neighborhoods, there is really nothing to describe it. I don't think it's suburban, maybe? Maybe I should look that word up. It's not urban or rural, although some areas could be considered that. I have no idea. I think I'll skip that part.

• Like 1

It's not really post-padding. If you notice, most posts come several minutes apart as I actually work on homework in between random thoughts and posts. Post-padding is back-to-back posting just trying to get a booya or something. See? There is a difference.

Now, I actually came on to say that my homework is done and I'm going to bed. I am fighting the temptation to make this statement a separate post as Queen Ellie will accuse me of post-padding.  :p

• Like 4

Morning Lynn and Dawn and Slache!

I have decided that I was much better at Pioneer Girls in the late seventies and early eighties.   Now the wild partying late into Wednesday nights is going to be the death of me.  

I am exhausted but I am going to rock the socks off today like my life depends on it.

I need coffee.  

• Like 5

Nothing. That's why you need to remember not to covet your neighbor's butt.

#isaidbutt

#ialsosaidass

#lovethatkjv

Bummer on the butt thing. I love having a nice butt. The Kjv definitely gets me at times. I love that you can't boil a kid in its mother's milk and that Lydia chick in the new testament that makes colors and ties people up in her basement. That's some hard core drugs right there.
  • Like 1

Was that a dig on one heavily interpreted translation of scrolls left behind by dusty old nearly-cavemen thousands of years ago over another?

Ok then... :lurk5:

No. Everyone in this thread is either a believer or respectful of believers. The KJV is just funny because it's 400 years old.

• Like 3

They're all funny in their ways, especially when you take into account the fluidity and ambiguity of the original language(s) the scriptures were written in.

Belief in a God, I can and do respect. Scripture is like God fan fiction. People pick out what they like and ignore the bits that don't make a lick of sense.

It's not really post-padding. If you notice, most posts come several minutes apart as I actually work on homework in between random thoughts and posts. Post-padding is back-to-back posting just trying to get a booya or something. See? There is a difference.

Now, I actually came on to say that my homework is done and I'm going to bed. I am fighting the temptation to make this statement a separate post as Queen Ellie will accuse me of post-padding.  :p

Post padding rocks. FYI.

:thumbup1:

• Like 6

We've got a smattering of things but no single system and no well known system. We're playing it leisurely right now since we're leaving on a long vacation in less than a week. 

She's become very interested in human anatomy so we've been taking out age appropriate books from the library and she's been burning through them with us. It seems to have informed her artwork, too, which is getting much better very quickly.

We drill math every couple of days to keep her skills up, but we need to find some good worksheets for practicing her handwriting which is starting to degrade a bit. I'm torn between just letting it be and really keeping on top of it, because it's my belief that she was started with reading and writing too early to begin with, but it seems a shame to let it just sort of atrophy now that she's acquired it.

• Like 3

Was that a dig on one heavily interpreted translation of scrolls left behind by dusty old nearly-cavemen thousands of years ago over another?

Ok then...  :lurk5:

Nope.  Just that my children have done a lot of Scripture memory, from multiple translations, but this is the first time we've used the KJV.  "Ass" gets a lot of giggles.   :laugh:

• Like 3