Menu

Ignore this thread!

Alexa will only play YouTube through a device. If you are comfortable with it you can do YouTube on your phone but play it through dot or Echo. That would only work if it was a playlist though, otherwise she'd be playing with it on your phone all the time which would just be the same thing. The last time I looked an echo was about $180 and a dot was $30. I want 3 more dots. They're great I would look into a Spotify account. I believe it will cost you $10 a month but she can play it directly through Alexa.

Edited by Slache
  • Like 2

• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

1 hour ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Good morning. I am mad at dh because he’s sick but he keeps pulling almost all-nighters. He’s doing that because he agreed to extra pastor stuff that he really doesn’t have time for. But he’s an adult and will make his own choices. (I am the same about ownership of my choices )

Quoting myself to say that I was wrong about last night. When he woke me up at 5am, dh wasn’t just going to bed. He had woken up due to leg cramps and was just going back to bed. This makes me feel better. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Do you think in words?  (I do. Dh doesn’t but can’t explain how he thinks then). Anyway-  I think that I have been binge watching “Death in Paradise “ a bit too much because my mental voice now speaks in an Island accent!  

Yes. I used to think in Spanish about 1/3 of the time. Matt thinks in concepts.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Where's Toto? said:

How do you think bone broth would be in tea?  I don't drink coffee.

I got my Kavu bag.  It's not as big as I thought it would be but it holds my planner and my journal/notebook, plus all my regular purse stuff so it should work okay.   I bought the galaxy print because I decided I wasn't going to worry about it matching or looking sedate and formal.  I liked the galaxy print so I bought it.  

With the same rationale, I'm going to buy a set of small How to Tame Your Dragon figurines.  Because I really like dragons, especially Toothless.  I have a whole collection of small plastic animal/character toys behind my desk at the science center.  Most are just ones I found in the lego box or somewhere while cleaning up.  A few Pokemon, a few animals, a few Minecraft thingys.  I like them, they make me feel happy (and ds and I play a game where he "steals" them and hides them somewhere for me to find).  

I decided I'm tired of not doing things because they are silly or not adult.  If it makes me happy and doesn't hurt anyone, what does it matter?  Nobody was making me feel like I couldn't, it was purely an internal thing (maybe remnants from ex?). 

I told ds about the new rules.  He's not sure how he feels about them.  He kind of thinks it might work out even better than the old rules, but that two hours before bed time seems like a loooong time.   

We are looking into a way for them to listen to their music without being online since I think the temptation will be too much, especially for dd but she's easy.  If we turn off the wifi to her device, she can't go online but can still listen to music since it's an iPod.  Ds listens through youtube so turning off wifi won't work.  So we have to figure out how to download the music he listens to (which is weird game music).  I doubt most of it is available through iTunes.

About the dragons:

I was ordering stamps from the USPS website and they have dragon stamps!!

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Do you think in words?  (I do. Dh doesn’t but can’t explain how he thinks then). Anyway-  I think that I have been binge watching “Death in Paradise “ a bit too much because my mental voice now speaks in an Island accent!  

Sometimes. But when I'm writing, it's pictures with words. I listen and write.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Slache said:

Alexa will only play YouTube through a device. If you are comfortable with it you can do YouTube on your phone but play it through dot or Echo. That would only work if it was a playlist though, otherwise she'd be playing with it on your phone all the time which would just be the same thing. The last time I looked an echo was about $180 and a dot was $30. I want 3 more dots. They're great I would look into a Spotify account. I believe it will cost you $10 a month but she can play it directly through Alexa.

I"m not sure Spotify will have his music.  He has some weird tastes.  

I'm not sure.  I think I think in words, but when I'm remembering things I tend to picture the page, so maybe I think in pictures?  But I'm more likely to remember words and I'm bad with faces, so I'm not sure.

• Like 2

I did it. I finished my novel today. 86,500 words.

So, my year review of writing:

Revised and successfully queried one novel. 

Signed with an agent.

FInished three first drafts of three novels, one a sequel to the queried novel, and two novels for a different, unrelated series.

Had two poems published.

Wrote a first draft of a middle grade novel.

Wrote three short stories.

No wonder I'm tired. And I worked right up to the end!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Where's Toto? said:

I"m not sure Spotify will have his music.  He has some weird tastes.  

I'm not sure.  I think I think in words, but when I'm remembering things I tend to picture the page, so maybe I think in pictures?  But I'm more likely to remember words and I'm bad with faces, so I'm not sure.

I believe Spotify will have anything his little heart desires, which is why I suggested them by name. They're crazy.

Anyone else feel like their posts take a really long time to post?  It's probably close to a whole minute.

When I do a new post, it also almost always has the text of my previous post already there and I have to delete it.  

Both are a fairly new thing, much more recent than the upgrade.

Yes.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

I did it. I finished my novel today. 86,500 words.

So, my year review of writing:

Revised and successfully queried one novel. 

Signed with an agent.

FInished three first drafts of three novels, one a sequel to the queried novel, and two novels for a different, unrelated series.

Had two poems published.

Wrote a first draft of a middle grade novel.

Wrote three short stories.

No wonder I'm tired. And I worked right up to the end!

How did I not know about these?

I am astonished at all you've accomplished this year!  Congratulations!!!

• Like 1

Anyone else feel like their posts take a really long time to post?  It's probably close to a whole minute.

When I do a new post, it also almost always has the text of my previous post already there and I have to delete it.  

Both are a fairly new thing, much more recent than the upgrade.

You don’t have to delete. Look closely because it goes away, but somewhere in there are the words “clear editor” and if you touch that it erases it. But that little notification goes away pretty quickly.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

3 hours ago, Slache said:

Yes. I used to think in Spanish about 1/3 of the time. Matt thinks in concepts.

2 hours ago, Critterfixer said:

Sometimes. But when I'm writing, it's pictures with words. I listen and write.

How do you all know this?? I have no idea how I think. How is this determined?

And this is a meta cognitive Booya/h tooya/h!!

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 4

I'm beat, but finally home.  The cellist was having a hard time with the music sequence and since she was in charge, the processional music did not go as planned.  I was irked.  But the rest of it went mostly according to plan, and the mother who hired us seemed pleased.  We played for a straight 90 minutes after the ceremony, so my neck and arms and shoulders are very very tired.  Got lots of steps in, though, because it was over a half mile from where I parked to the ceremony (it was in the Opryland Hotel/resort which is a monstrously large place).  I'm starving.

Dd16 has some bone broth (homemade turkey) and crackers.  She says she is hungry, so that's good, and her temp is down to 100.8 (it was 103 this morning).

• Like 5

7 hours ago, myblessings4 said:

I looked at those, but ended up not getting it.  Still want one.  What is the difference you noticed?

My skin looks a lot younger, more even, and has a better color. I have had a scar for 25years that already looks better. It was only about $8 at TJ Maxx. 

6 hours ago, Where's Toto? said:

How do you think bone broth would be in tea?  I don't drink coffee.

I think it would be disgusting. I thought you were joking until others chimed in. Is it gross straight like soup? Maybe mixed with cheese and croutons like French onion soup. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Paige said:

My skin looks a lot younger, more even, and has a better color. I have had a scar for 25years that already looks better. It was only about $8 at TJ Maxx. 

I think it would be disgusting. I thought you were joking until others chimed in. Is it gross straight like soup? Maybe mixed with cheese and croutons like French onion soup. 

I had never heard about that rolling thing, but I could probably use it!

The bone broth stuff we put in tea is unflavored, so *mostly* you are just tasting tea.  There might be a hint of taste to it.  I don't notice it in my coffee, but I drink very doctored-up coffee.

• Like 1

I know because I hear a narrator in my head. At the moment, a narrator with a Caribbean accent. 

I know because I hear lots of voices in my head and they are all different characters, and the scene playing out in my head is in full color, complete with sounds, smells, tastes, and feels. It might be disconcerting if I wasn't so used to it by now.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, KrissiK said:

You don’t have to delete. Look closely because it goes away, but somewhere in there are the words “clear editor” and if you touch that it erases it. But that little notification goes away pretty quickly.

Sometimes that is there and sometimes it's not.  I haven't figured out the difference yet.  

But it used to be if you actually posted, the next time you had a clear box.  Only if I exited out without actually posting was the content still there.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Paige said:

I drink mine straight (mixed with hot water) every night. 

13 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

The thing about cheese is that there are so many kinds. Some are mild. Some are sharp. Some are sweet. Or stinky. Etc. etc. 

I wanted something sweet and Matt suggested mozzarella. We disagreed on whether or not it was sweet. What's mozzarella?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Paige said:

Too much I'm sure. The internets say once a week is good. I've been doing morning and night because I can't stop! Only really quickly, though. It doesn't hurt. 

What is it supposed to do? I hear it helps with loose skin after weight loss.