• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

They are home!  Dh said it was possibly the best/most interesting/prettiest hiking trail he's ever been on.  And that's saying a lot.  Dd12 said there were spots that would have made me nervous, but not cry in terror, so that's good.  They found mushrooms of every color in the rainbow, plus brown and gray.  They didn't eat any of them.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 6

There is one of me.

There are eight other people in the family.

Most of whom (dd15 is the exception) do not lift a finger at home without direct supervision by me.

I hate supervising.

Feeling depressed that my house is a mess and getting it to a not so messy state is on my shoulders.

(Dh has mostly been in bed this weekend which is where he usually is when he is home; not a complaint just the reality, no help to be had from that direction.)

• Like 2
  • Sad 5

I survived the day. I wrote about 1000 words that the laptop ate when it crashed a few weeks ago. I drew all the things. I wrote a little bit of character work and did all the laundry and baked a cheesecake.

I am still about as low as a turtle. Going to shower and bed soon.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

I survived the day. I wrote about 1000 words that the laptop ate when it crashed a few weeks ago. I drew all the things. I wrote a little bit of character work and did all the laundry and baked a cheesecake.

I am still about as low as a turtle. Going to shower and bed soon.

Yum!

I made the most amazing and unappreciated vegetarian tacos tonight. They were too spicy for DD and everyone else ate DH's meat tacos, but they missed out. I turned mine into a taco bowl/salad, but it was still like the best taco ever. ? More for me!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

We're in rainy season now.  It's going to rain a lot more in the days to come.  And it hasn't been steady rain.  Take advantage of the sun (or at least cloud) breaks.

It has been steady here. That's what I meant. It has rained 24 hours a day (at least while I've been awake) since Thursday. I'm done. It's supposed to rain until Wednesday afternoon.

Rainy booya.

Edited by Slache
  • Like 4

Am I doing this wrong?  I work 7 days a week on my responsibilities - cooking, cleaning, homeschooling, animals.  And yet I never ever get "done" and I rarely get even a clean (for me) house and I never seem to get to the years of backlog on stuff to go through and take care of in this house.  I am not working 24/7 but I am not lazy either. 

• Sad 4

Good Monday Morning!  Coffee!  So nice to take a shower today.  I'm not complaining, but I will say I'm noticing side effects more with the prednisone than I used to - and it's not even that high of a dose.  But I am very thankful for it.  Arm is still red and swollen, I think from the creams, but the blisters are somewhat reduced.  

• Like 3
  • Sad 4

5 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Am I doing this wrong?  I work 7 days a week on my responsibilities - cooking, cleaning, homeschooling, animals.  And yet I never ever get "done" and I rarely get even a clean (for me) house and I never seem to get to the years of backlog on stuff to go through and take care of in this house.  I am not working 24/7 but I am not lazy either. 

No, I think it's just the reality we live in.  (((Jean)))

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Slache said:

It has been raining since I woke up Thursday morning.

8 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

We're in rainy season now.  It's going to rain a lot more in the days to come.  And it hasn't been steady rain.  Take advantage of the sun (or at least cloud) breaks.

8 hours ago, Slache said:

It has been steady here. That's what I meant. It has rained 24 hours a day (at least while I've been awake) since Thursday. I'm done. It's supposed to rain until Wednesday afternoon.

Rainy booya.

We were supposed to get up to .5” of rain from a storm last week. We got barely enough to settle the dust. I hope this is not a harbinger of our “rainy season” this year.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Good morning!  It's The Queen's favorite day!

Happy "Whatever You Want To Celebrate" Day!

Dh has the day off, so we are going to a Home Improvement store or two to look at porch railings.  Ours needs to be replaced.  Desperately.  I would love to get some kind of polywood composite stuff, but I suspect they won't have it, or it will be way too expensive.  The kids have instrument lessons and children's choir and Boy Scouts tonight.

Coffee!

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Not doing anything wrong. Entropy is the law. Can't fight the law. ?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

In all seriousness, I decided that a clean house, a perfect garden, and fixes that need to be done are just things I can get to sometimes,  and sometimes I  can't.  Moreover,  it's a neverending task to keep up, let alone get ahead and stay ahead. I do what I can, but be darned if I will enslave myself to an ideal I can't achieve. I've got enough issues as a recovering perfectionist!

• Like 7

I think one frustrating thing about managing a home - housework and cooking, etc., is that it's never really done completely and finally.  You might be at "good enough" for short periods of time, but it's a continuing cycle, and interruptions to the cycle/schedule can be overwhelming.  

I remember reading an article a long time ago about these kinds of jobs and how important it is to have other work or hobbies that provide opportunities to be actually finished with a project. 

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I've been charting my time this school year to see how it's been allocated.  Essentially, different types of activities get different highlighter marks on an appointment calendar with 15 minute blocks of time.  It's been really enlightening.  A food processor is saving me about 20 minutes a day on food prep, fwiw.  Seeing how much of my life I was spending chopping vegetables, and the rest my hands needed afterwards has helped me tweak life. Passion Planner has free downloads if you want to try something like that.

This year I've been blocking time on my schedule for housework and meals rather than having those be things that work into the flow of the day.  It's made for a more sustainable pace for me, but it means that I have to be disciplined about protecting those times.  I simply have to do much, much less (or be much smarter about it) than most other people because I need built in rest periods.  

Look at your overall trend--you are getting much more accomplished than you used to (with your improved health)!!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Slache said:

Happy birthday!

My weather app says it's not raining but it's raining. I slept in. Need coffee. And therapy.

It's barely raining.  Get outside for 20 minutes and move your body.  And borrow a light therapy lamp from the library. 

ETA: (Said in great love---let me know if I need to come stage an intervention)

Edited by prairiewindmomma
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, prairiewindmomma said:

It's barely raining.  Get outside for 20 minutes and move your body.  And borrow a light therapy lamp from the library. 

Yeah - I don't really count a drizzle as rain.  Now the rain the other day when I got soaked totally through to the skin (despite wearing rain gear) and my shoes had to dry for two days before I could wear them again. . .   that was real rain! 

• Like 4

Hi, ladies!  Jean, I totally get what you're saying, even with giving up most of my computer time this weekend, i'm still not done!  I'm having a totally horrible day, so we're going to be done early, ds dropped my ipad and cracked the edges of the screen, i know it was an accident but it was also totally avoidable, I mean how many time do I really need to say, don't lay my ipad on the edge of stuff.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

7 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

Dishwasher is running!

I haven't been on the tackle threads in a long time.  I felt like I wqs posting thr same thing over and over!  Lololol!  Sorry.  I'm losing it.

But sometimes I didn't to back so the thread didn't keep me on track.  I should try again so I can stop boring y'all with my lists.

Just do what works for you, Angi.  There is no "right" way to keep yourself on track. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

I think one frustrating thing about managing a home - housework and cooking, etc., is that it's never really done completely and finally.  You might be at "good enough" for short periods of time, but it's a continuing cycle, and interruptions to the cycle/schedule can be overwhelming.  

I remember reading an article a long time ago about these kinds of jobs and how important it is to have other work or hobbies that provide opportunities to be actually finished with a project. 

True. That’s one thing I like about yard work. Things can be done. I know weeds grow back, but my flower beds do stay clean longer than my house.  I’ve been struggling with hobbies. I haven’t done Latin in a while, I don’t have a good book going.... things have been rough with oldest DS and all the issues with the other kids and my eating is out of control...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, prairiewindmomma said:

ETA: (Said in great love---let me know if I need to come stage an intervention)

1 hour ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Yeah - I don't really count a drizzle as rain.  Now the rain the other day when I got soaked totally through to the skin (despite wearing rain gear) and my shoes had to dry for two days before I could wear them again. . .   that was real rain! 

I know, but the kids are sick so I don't want to take them out in it. I think it might not be raining now...

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1