• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

This is my theory: Boys with bad aim.  I finally told mine to just sit down and go.   I don't think it helped.

My sister in law (a clean freak) once complained about someone's bathroom, and I mentioned about little boys. She didn't understand because she has 3 daughters and 4 granddaughters.  However she just became grandma to a little boy. :D Maybe now she will finally understand.

I have 6 sister in laws, by the way, and all of them are the epitome of perfection. :D

I stay home a lot.:)

• Like 6

It's ok. She's my schnookums bookums.

Hey. I thought I was your schnookums bookums.

My laptop is wigging out on me, so I'm stuck on the phone. I had to SIGN IN to post here. The nerve!

DS 6-Going-On-15 -- you know, Miss All-Weepy-Eyed about going away for the night -- KICKED ME OUT of my sister's home as fast as she could. Love that kid. :-)

I have since slept for three hours and systematically conquered my homeschooling world. AND backed up freaky computer before I lose everything. I feel like an elephant ninja on steroids. It's awesome.

• Like 8

Susan, yay for cleaning the basement toilet. I wrote the basement off years ago. But I did start adding a blue tablet to the first floor toilet. It may have helped the odor some, but not entirely, supporting my hypothesis that there's more pee on the outside of the toilet than the inside. :ack2:

It IS the "boy's bathroom" so that would make sense. I will have to get out the cleaning gloves and industrial strength disinfectant/cleaner. Yuck.

• Like 3

We heard an owl outside tonight. I'm the only one in my family that thinks this is really cool. Everyone else is jaded, I tell ya.

I love owls. We live close to a river and so have owls occasionally. They sit on the top of the tallest tree and talk. Once I was out walking at the crack of dawn and there were three owls, each on the top of a different redwood tree in our subdivision, all talking to each other. It was extremely cool!
  • Like 6

Speaking of smelly things in the basement, I've managed to convince myself and dh that the carpet in the basement needs to go NOW. With the rest of the house smelling normal, the odor in the basement REALLY stands out.  This home reno project could last forever..... ;)

I have 3 young boys and completely understand the need for a urinal. I need one even more for the psycho-peeing cat!!!  :cursing:

• Like 3

I did get 2 new pairs of sandals before this realization hit DH, so it's all good. He's going to work 3XOT on Monday to pay for it. So sweet.

They sound expensive. Do you think maybe you should return them instead of forcing your husband to work overtime?

(I'm kidding)

• Like 2

I really should have installed a urinal some years back.  Because boys.

Ds12 has had a cough that will not quit since Monday.  He has fever.  I am calling it and taking him to the doctor today.  He is prone to coughing and lung stuff, and I don't have the equipment or no-know to evaluate his lung situation.  Hate it when that happens.  With an otoscope, a stethoscope and a little bit of training, I could rock our world.  (Still need someone to write scripts, as needed, though.)

When I discussed needing ds12 to go to the doc with dh this morning, I did not get the cooperation and assistance I had hoped for. :glare:

I have an otoscope and a stethoscope.  I still send my kids to the doctor!  But maybe not as much as if I didn't.  

Was the discussion about ds12 needing to go to the doc with dh - as in dh taking him?  Or was the discussion about needing ds12 to go to the doctor one you had with dh?  The sentence makes sense either way.  I don't know why I need to know this but I do.  

• Like 3

Wait. Is he working overtime for the appliances or the shoes? Because that is really sweet.

Shoes.  But really we're not that bad off.  :)  We had planned for the water heater/ac/heat.  And I think he just wants an excuse to work the holiday and make triple overtime.  He likes my new sandals and said I needed them anyway.  Which I sort of did.  If new sandals can be considered a need and not a want.  Debatable. 

• Like 5

My feet hurt.  I bought new New Balance athletic shoes to try and make them feel better.  They do help some but my feet still hurt.  Put this in the "oh well" category of my life because somethings just "are" no matter what you do.  

Have you ever been fitted?

• Like 1

Cute. I'm considering Clarks. I have Brooks running shoes and Keen dress boots, but I don't have nice shoes. I want ballet flats.

• Like 2

Ikslo - I'm laughing because you bought new sandles (and are probably wearing them now and for a while to come) and I just bought a winter coat (and could probably wear it very soon).  :laugh:

Jean - Foot pain is frustrating. I'm becoming an expert here, as I've been dealing with various foot pains for a few years now. Where do our feet hurt? If on the top, try lacing the shoes looser; if on the bottom, they may not be the right type of shoe for your foot pronation or you may need orthotic inserts. You may need a different brand of shoe. 

• Like 2

Ikslo - I'm laughing because you bought new sandles (and are probably wearing them now and for a while to come) and I just bought a winter coat (and could probably wear it very soon).  :laugh:

Actually, I've needed new sandals all summer.  I just couldn't find any I liked that weren't like $100, so I waited until the end of season sales.  But yeah, it is in the 90s here right now, so...

• Like 3

I rarely buy shoes, but when I need a new pair my favorite place to look is Marty and Liz. They sell high quality one-offs - shoes that were used once for photo shoots or modeling gigs or things like that. Dh just got a pair of Clarks black leather dress shoes for $34. Love love love Marty and Liz (and I'm not even a shoe person).

• Like 3

I rarely buy shoes, but when I need a new pair my favorite place to look is Marty and Liz. They sell high quality one-offs - shoes that were used once for photo shoots or modeling gigs or things like that. Dh just got a pair of Clarks black leather dress shoes for $34. Love love love Marty and Liz (and I'm not even a shoe person).

Thanks! I just bookmarked the site. The reason I only named 2 pairs of shoes is because I only have 2 pairs of shoes. I plan to get my flats by next summer. I hope.

• Like 2

Jean - Foot pain is frustrating. I'm becoming an expert here, as I've been dealing with various foot pains for a few years now. Where do our feet hurt? If on the top, try lacing the shoes looser; if on the bottom, they may not be the right type of shoe for your foot pronation or you may need orthotic inserts. You may need a different brand of shoe. 

My feet hurt all the time - esp. when I'm not wearing shoes.  They also swell periodically and this is one of their "swell times".  (I made a pun, get it?)  They feel better in my NB shoes.  I also have "Superfeet" inserts for my NB shoes but they are not custom made orthotic inserts (though I've had them in the past).  

• Like 2

My feet hurt all the time - esp. when I'm not wearing shoes.  They also swell periodically and this is one of their "swell times".  (I made a pun, get it?)  They feel better in my NB shoes.  I also have "Superfeet" inserts for my NB shoes but they are not custom made orthotic inserts (though I've had them in the past).  

Glad your feet feel better in the NB shoes. Sorry you have to live with the pain. 

• Like 2

Glad your feet feel better in the NB shoes. Sorry you have to live with the pain. 

It's just one foot in front of the other.  ;)   I was blessed with a couple of weeks (maybe even as long as a month) without any pain at all this year.  I'm not being sarcastic when I say that is infinitely better than other years.  And no, I don't know why.  My life, my house, my family, my meds and supplements, my diet etc. are all the same.

In other news, my bathroom is now all sparkly now!  

• Like 3

I have an otoscope and a stethoscope.  I still send my kids to the doctor!  But maybe not as much as if I didn't.  

Was the discussion about ds12 needing to go to the doc with dh - as in dh taking him?  Or was the discussion about needing ds12 to go to the doctor one you had with dh?  The sentence makes sense either way.  I don't know why I need to know this but I do.  

I want the medical equipment and a video on how to use it!  Doc visits and scripts are out of pocket under $300 so I am motivated to cure us at home.  I sent ds12 to the doc because I was suddenly afraid he had developed pneumonia.  He is quite stoic so it is hard to tell how ill he is.

Edited out so I won't be banned cuz you all are my only source of support and amusement.  :D

Can I just say that I find snarky, snotty teen girl moods harder to deal with than even full Aspie tantrums?  Deep breaths and time for me to find stuff to do away from the 'tude.

Teen girl stuff is within their control more, I think.  Thus, the frustration.

• Like 3