• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

2 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I almost forgot to post.

Day 174 steps. 
Day 45 hips

You all might be tired of my posts but it actually keeps me accountable knowing that I have to post here at the end of the day. 

Not tired of it. Inspired and happy for you. 

You are nearly halfway through a year.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

For the death plant?  Dh's mom died over a month ago.  (Not that I'm taking that lightly but we got lots of love and support then.)  The person who sent this death plant is the same one who sent me the one when my dad died.  He had just heard about Dh's mom. 

Ah.  I was thinking it was a plant you expected to kill off.

10 hours ago, Slache said:

Please, no one buy me plant for any reason whatsoever. If you buy me a plant I'm buying you a hamster. 

Nice!  A kitteh would also do.

10 hours ago, Tsuga said:

I don't even know half of them as we got a lot with the house. Bees LOVE flowering dogwood. Lavender. I will have to go home and look at Dd's science project... We identified a lot of them at that time. Clover instead of grass is a big one. I will ask MIL who knows everything and get back to you.

I planted lavender this past spring and it really does not seem too happy.  I wonder if it's our climate.  It's not dead yet, but also not flowering.

7 hours ago, Tsuga said:

Your cat is magnificent. Next to him our cat looks like he is descended from 99% derp.

He's so majestic!

• Like 4

Good morning my beauties. It's time to beast! Happy Friday eve. A full day here. I'm supposed to be losing weight each week but I'm up .2 pounds so I'm strength training and walking the kids today. :svengo: The closet is prepped for inspection today because 4 people I don't know will drop by between 9 and 6.

7 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I almost forgot to post.

Day 174 steps. 
Day 45 hips

You all might be tired of my posts but it actually keeps me accountable knowing that I have to post here at the end of the day. 

No, it's a nice smack in the face for me.

7 hours ago, Tsuga said:

My kids have taken over my week off. I hope the kids appreciate it!

They do not.

2 hours ago, mama25angels said:

Good Thursday morning, Friday eve!  Booyah!!

We've talked about this.

2 hours ago, Another Lynn said:

Coffee is brewing!  

Oh, thank you. Would you mind bringing me some?

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, myblessings4 said:

Good morning!  Is there enough coffee to get me through today??  Not that we're low on coffee.  I just need lots of SOMETHING today.

Friday eve!!

mama25, you mean you're on the #h team???  ?

No, no, I just got booya happy this morning and accidentally put it on there, yeah, yeah, that's it.  It was an accident!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

Mister Kitty accepts your adequate praise as his due and will graciously allow you to send him Party Mix treats as homage. No other gifts will be accepted. He agrees all other cats are derp except maybe his sister who is only half derp and may groom him. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

8 minutes ago, Paige said:

Mister Kitty accepts your adequate praise as his due and will graciously allow you to send him Party Mix treats as homage. No other gifts will be accepted. He agrees all other cats are derp except maybe his sister who is only half derp and may groom him. 

I thought that's about what I saw in his expression!  :laugh:

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

I planted lavender this past spring and it really does not seem too happy.  I wonder if it's our climate.  It's not dead yet, but also not flowering.

I love lavender. It does not love my garden. ::weeps::

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

You know, I just need to tackle my closet today. I cannot even deal with all the carp piled up in it, I don’t know what to do with it.  The term, “A place for everything and everything in its place” ..... it’s just lost on me. Sometimes I wonder if I just quickly threw it all in a trash bag and ran it out to the curb if it would matter at all. Does anything really matter??

You can tell I am dealing with some very deep issues this morning!!

More COFFEE~D

• Like 6

Oh guys I forgot to post about this, a friend is giving me and Ds a tangerine tree and an aloe Vera plant, I'm so excited!  Before anyone asks, no, I don't grow things well at all, I'm surprised my children made it, I have a habit of loving things to death also known as over feeding stuff.  I do love to try to keep it alive though!

p.s anybody buying anything on Prime day?

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

You know, I just need to tackle my closet today. I cannot even deal with all the carp piled up in it, I don’t know what to do with it.  The term, “A place for everything and everything in its place” ..... it’s just lost on me. Sometimes I wonder if I just quickly threw it all in a trash bag and ran it out to the curb if it would matter at all. Does anything really matter??

You can tell I am dealing with some very deep issues this morning!!

More COFFEE~D

Yes, coffee and wine matter!  Lol

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, mama25angels said:

Oh guys I forgot to post about this, a friend is giving me and Ds a tangerine tree and an aloe Vera plant, I'm so excited!  Before anyone asks, no, I don't grow things well at all, I'm surprised my children made it, I have a habit of loving things to death also known as over feeding stuff.  I do love to try to keep it alive though!

That is wonderful!! What are you going to name them? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, mama25angels said:

Well we are a bit strapped at the moment, but I needed something at Whole Foods yesterday and they were running a "spend $10 here, get $10 to spend on Prime Day" promotion, so I bought some strawberries on sale and that pushed the bill just beyond $10. So I'll at least be spending $10 on something ?

Good morning everyone!

Better day than yesterday so far, although we are grappling with a gloomy financial outlook. We will probably have to end our car lease early because we simply can't afford the lease payments plus insurance for two cars. At least almost all of my work is from home now, so it seems more feasible to live with one car for a while than it did last year when we signed the lease. Not looking forward to the credit score hit, though ? 

DD11 was late to VBS this morning due to 4 outfit changes. "All my clothes are too childish, the kids won't respect me as a group leader!"

• Like 5

My play date with my friend of 43 years has been cancelled for now until we can reschedule. But I think that I am still getting together with my friend of 33 years to go to the celebration of life thing at the very exclusive hoity toity club. I am trying to confirm things with her. My husband seems a bit miffed that I am not even going to try to put together supper before I go but I just don’t want to. 

• Like 6

Good morning! Been in a writing sprint for the last hour or so, and I got over 1000 words, but could do better. I am tired. Got sick in the middle of the night, and although it seems to be over, I'm still feeling yucky and not at my best. Planning to take it easy today. No art today because my teacher had a commitment elsewhere, but I might do some painting on my own later today.

In the middle of writing right now, but will turn to revisions this afternoon. I'm reading through my MS and looking at all the comments my editor made suggesting changes. Some are going to be relatively easy to make. Others I'll have to think about.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, KrissiK said:

See, if I lived close enough, I'd come over and help you tackle the closet. I totally rock at helping people organize closets. And files. And stuff.

• Like 2

OK - really weird.  The phone rang and it was a lady asking for me by my maiden name and wanting to talk to me about the book I had published.  Um, I've never ever published anything, let alone a book.  I should have referred her to Critter - then she could have at least talked to someone who wants to publish a book. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

My play date with my friend of 43 years has been cancelled for now until we can reschedule. But I think that I am still getting together with my friend of 33 years to go to the celebration of life thing at the very exclusive hoity toity club. I am trying to confirm things with her. My husband seems a bit miffed that I am not even going to try to put together supper before I go but I just don’t want to. 

Your dh would be miffed at me all the time. ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

OK - really weird.  The phone rang and it was a lady asking for me by my maiden name and wanting to talk to me about the book I had published.  Um, I've never ever published anything, let alone a book.  I should have referred her to Critter - then she could have at least talked to someone who wants to publish a book. 

Oh, uhhhh, i’m Sorry, Jeannie. But I published a book under a pseudonym.... which happens to be your maiden name. I’ll split the royalties with you.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mama25angels said:

Rocky and Apollo because they are going to have to fight, lol!  J/k, we will think of some names, johnny is a front runner for one of them.

I have a baby lemon tree named Leonard. Susan’s lemon tree is Lynette. And she named her rhubarb Barb.

• Like 2

Just now, mama25angels said:

Ok, I accidentally turned my brain off in June and it has not come back on yet, help me work this problem:

1/3/3 1/2=n/28 this is a proportion and the first part is one third over three and a half.  I'm mad because we were rocking these before we took a break.  Thanks

I liked this because my brain is turned off too. I didn't help with the actual problem because my brain is turned off. . .

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, mama25angels said:

Ok, I accidentally turned my brain off in June and it has not come back on yet, help me work this problem:

1/3/3 1/2=n/28 this is a proportion and the first part is one third over three and a half.  I'm mad because we were rocking these before we took a break.  Thanks

Oh dear, kids have to learn that? I’m having enough trouble with the Distributive Property right now.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Bring Krissi COFFEE!!~D

Lynn was supposed to bring me coffee. :dry:

2 minutes ago, mama25angels said:

School! That's the thing!

It's 42.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

I have a ghost pepper. It doesn't have a name. Somebody want to name it for me? It's rangy, tall, and has multiple scary looking peppers on it now.

Maybe you could name it Munch.  This painting was the visual that I had when I read your description.

#artappreciation

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, mama25angels said:

The solution according to the algebra calculator with step by step explanation.

https://www.mathpapa.com/algebra-calculator.html

4 minutes ago, mama25angels said:

Oh dear, kids have to learn that? I’m having enough trouble with the Distributive Property right now.

ok, I did it on paper and came up with 10 2/3.

8 minutes ago, mama25angels said:

Change 3 1/2 to an improper fraction:  7/2

Now you have 1/3 divided by 7/2.

Next you multiply by the reciprocal (turn the second fraction upside down).  1/3 times 2/7.

Equals 2/21.

I think.

The math teacher I'm married to is still at work.

ETA:  I forgot the second part of the problem.  But, nevermind, because Jean found the answer first. :)