Menu

Ignore this thread!

This cat! One of the boys is knocking surreptitiously on the kitchen table and she can't figure it out. She's running from door to door growling like a tigress because she thinks she's a guard cat.

Tail fluffed and everything. Even if she sees the hand knocking. Of course, her grandmother cat used to attack people who came in the house with no warning, so I suppose she comes by it naturally.

• Like 6

• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

The hard thing is that two of the co-ops I'm interested in are on Mondays. We have speech on Mondays an hour away. 

Then, another one on Tuesdays is during swim and at this time, we can't change that due to our other therapies. It's so frustrating. 

Homeschool PE is on Thursdays, but we didn't join in time because she was still so dysregulated with her ADHD and I was worried about how it would go (It's always right after she gets done with an hour of swim, so she's usually starving and exhausted.)

I can rearrange easily next year, I think, but this year is rough. :( 

I think I will have to make it a priority to go to our special needs group outings (they do a trampoline park on one Wednesday every month), then sometimes they have random events. 

Is everything a coop? Are there any regular park days?

• Like 3

Matt's home sick again.

Hector and Armando are always ready to hop in and pilot it whenever we want.

When did Armando start working for us? We dated in high school. I don't care to see him again.

Good morning! It's very windy and is turning "colder." Makes me just want to stay home. I feel like Winnie the Pooh on a blustery day.

I must put something in the crockpot before we leave for work! I will make potato soup for everyone else when we get home tonight.

We're having potato soup, too!

So, I think I need to make playdates or field trips a priority this year. Probably need to find a co-op for next year. 

"Mom! I have no friends! It's all your fault! You made me not go to school and now I have no friends!" - cue bawling (someone's emotions are VERY high right now)

Later - "When I can I go to a new school? I want to go to a new school because there are kids there." 

:( 

She is so much more social than I am. I don't even think about it, but I think I need to really focus on how to address this.

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

I had to dump out two gallons of milk from the Afsa because it smelled bad and it wasn’t even past the expiration date. DH said I should take it back, but the Afsa is 15 minutes away and then i’d Have to get out of the car and stand in the return line, blah blah blah. All I could say was, “no! Just no!â€

But you love the AFSA!
  • Like 4

Wait, WHAT???? Y'all are gonna be on the Tee-Vee???

When? I must DVR!

It's called "Christmas at Belmont" and is shupposed to air nationally on December 22, though it's up to local stations to run the show or not. And they might not include the children's choir song. They are supposed to let us know in a week or so.

• Like 4

It's called "Christmas at Belmont" and is shupposed to air nationally on December 22, though it's up to local stations to run the show or not. And they might not include the children's choir song. They are supposed to let us know in a week or so.

I was just talking with a friend this weekend about their annual tradition of watching Christmas at Belmont!  So Cool!!

• Like 2

So, I think I need to make playdates or field trips a priority this year. Probably need to find a co-op for next year. 

"Mom! I have no friends! It's all your fault! You made me not go to school and now I have no friends!" - cue bawling (someone's emotions are VERY high right now)

Later - "When I can I go to a new school? I want to go to a new school because there are kids there." 

:( 

She is so much more social than I am. I don't even think about it, but I think I need to really focus on how to address this. 

:lol: Here it's the opposite!

Me:  I think you should try school next year.

DS:  Why?

Me:  So you can meet other kids and get out of the house more. And I'm tired.

DS:  No.  I meet enough people.

Me:  (joking)  You will if I make you!

DS:  No, I won't.  You can't make me, and besides, that would be mean.

Me:  It's mean that you make me keep teaching you.

DS:  It's mean that you make me learn. 

Me:  Go memorize your poem.

• Like 8

Good morning!

Heard the stormy cold front moving through earlier. Very windy! I ordered everyone to sleep late. Unless they are being super quiet, orders are being followed. (Except for dh who left hours ago.)

We have a light day of school today, music lessons this afternoon, and kids' orchestra concert tonight.

I'm the only one with the keys. Stealth 'Copters are very expensive so I can't just pass it around willy nilly. :willy_nilly:

Coffee!

Hector's got some mad hotwiring skills.  

Helibooyah!

Edited by AMJ
  • Like 3

You can tell her that good friends aren't like going shopping and picking out your favorites from the apple bins. It's not that easy. It's more like going out into the orchard and finding the perfect tree first. Then finding the perfect apple. Sometimes you have to wait. Seasons matter.

This.  My kid is picky about what apples he likes.  He doesn't want to be thrown into the bin with all the others and be forced into "friendships".  He wants the friends that are hiding up in the tree canopy, out of sight.

• Like 4

Is that an option at this point?

I'm tired. It's getting colder. We have to go to piano.

I'm a baby.

I think I'm *having* a baby. I mean not really, but something. I hope it's not a health thing? I refuse more of that.

• Like 2

It's like you're in my house today...

• Like 4

I'm going to act on turtle soup here in a minute. 

It's not a good idea to come wad up your paper in my face and claim that I have "ruined" your assignment because I simply pointed out that you didn't follow the directions (which I read to you, showed you an example, and had you read for yourself). Not a good idea, kid. Really not.

#teenagemutantsnarkyturtle

#notreallymakingturtlesoup

#serenitynow

Edited by Critterfixer
  • Like 5

The hiccups were eclipsed by the gasping for breath for the last ten minutes.  Dd just came out to ask if I'm "done dying".  Why, yes, thanks for asking.  (It's not asthma.  Doctors have been stumped for years and know about it.) 

Does the breathing cause the hiccups or the hiccups cause the breathing? Because the massage should cure the hiccups if they're the problem.

I'm going to act on turtle soup here in a minute. 

It's not a good idea to come wad up your paper in my face and claim that I have "ruined" your assignment because I simply pointed out that you didn't follow the directions (which I read to you, showed you an example, and had you read for yourself). Not a good idea, kid. Really not.

#teenagemutantsnarkyturtle

#notreallymakingturtlesoup

#serenitynow

Set it aflame as a spark for your fire, and tell him to start over.  You know, the fire over which you plan to cook the turtle soup...

• Like 1