Menu

Ignore this thread!

Is there a reason you have to follow your Dh's schedule ? It doesn't seem to be good for your health.

I woke up at 1:30 and never got back down. He gets up at 4 and I sleep in until 5 or 6 depending. We go down at the same time but he hasn't woken me up in the mornings in a while.

• Like 2

I got two more hours and threw our entire day off. John found me comatose (apparently) and got snacks and drawing materials to keep the kids happy while I slept. :001_wub:

That boy is a keeper!

• Like 2

We are back from the orthodontist.  He reminded DD that her Herbst typically stays in for 12 months, which means it gets removed about Spring Break.  I had to stop to think to remember that yes, she has had it in since March.  She gets it out before the school year finishes, yay!

We stopped by the oral surgeon to check on instructions for other DD's wisdom teeth extraction.  No food or drink, not even water, after midnight the night before.  Understood.

DD13 and I then stopped at a store to try on Birkenstock sandals, and we both found ones that fit that we like.  Hooray for sandals with arch supports!

We picked up Chick-Fil-A for second breakfast (too early for lunch) on the way home.

My dryer hasn't even finished running yet (started it before we left).  We got through everything quite quickly this morning.  After I eat I will sit quietly until the dryer finishes, and decide whether I'm running sheets today or not.

• Like 3

Dd19 is just miserable with allergies today. Might be Critter's storm front moving in.

Oh, is it your mystery tears? Very odd.

I think it's a combination of allergies and the AC. It never happens during the winter and it's been getting significantly worse lately and the only cause I can think of is the smoke. I'm just glad it's an external cause and not an internal one.
  • Like 2

I really think that the world should revolve around me. 

Go stand on a pole. Or better yet, travel to the center of the earth. I think Jules Verne has a how-to book on the latter. 

Me too! I even accomplished stuff today!

While neglecting to keep up with the ITT - where are your priorities? 

I didn't get to watch Cadfael last night. I edited another chapter and then I was tired, and ready for bed. But I've got Cadfael to watch later this afternoon after editing another chapter or two.

And somebody else's priorities are apparently out-of-whack too. People, you're supposed to do the important stuff first, before doing the fun stuff. That means ITT, then Cadfael, and then stuff like editing and laundry and all that. 

Must be out of the house at 7 to attend DE orientation in Not-So-Big City.  sleepy-smiley.gif

There's such a thing as DE orientation? I figured you'd just send your kids to college and enjoy your free time. 

(seriously though, is the orientation for you, or is it just that you have to drive your kid to the orientation?)

Must get going! School starts in 12 minutes. Not looking forward to going over all the orange pages today.

What are orange pages?

So far, no one has wept over math.

Khan tells me I've spent 82 min on math today so far (no tears). I'm *finally* back at 86% mastered (they seem to keep adding about one question every couple of days or so, which is why it took longer than anticipated). I finished precalc, did some stats & prob problems which weren't part of a mission yet so didn't count towards percentage mastered, and then did a bunch of limits problems.

• Like 5

Meds

Devotions with dd12, dd14, and ds16

Current Events with dd14 and ds16

Breakfast

Math with dd6

Math with dd10

Math with dd9

Science with dd12

Laundry

Discuss English plans for the year with ds16

Spanish with ds16

Cooking with dd12, dd14, and ds16

Lunch

Move stuff to/from the basement to prepare for selling

Chocolate

:hurray:  :hurray:  :hurray:

• Like 9

Go stand on a pole. Or better yet, travel to the center of the earth. I think Jules Verne has a how-to book on the latter. 

While neglecting to keep up with the ITT - where are your priorities? 

And somebody else's priorities are apparently out-of-whack too. People, you're supposed to do the important stuff first, before doing the fun stuff. That means ITT, then Cadfael, and then stuff like editing and laundry and all that. 

There's such a thing as DE orientation? I figured you'd just send your kids to college and enjoy your free time. 

(seriously though, is the orientation for you, or is it just that you have to drive your kid to the orientation?)

What are orange pages?

Khan tells me I've spent 82 min on math today so far (no tears). I'm *finally* back at 86% mastered (they seem to keep adding about one question every couple of days or so, which is why it took longer than anticipated). I finished precalc, did some stats & prob problems which weren't part of a mission yet so didn't count towards percentage mastered, and then did a bunch of limits problems.

Susan was a little anemic when she bled all over her kids' work?

Either that, or she decided to use danger orange for a more dramatic effect.  Red has become so last year.

• Like 3

Meds

Devotions with dd12, dd14, and ds16

Current Events with dd14 and ds16

Breakfast

Math with dd6

Math with dd10

Math with dd9

Science with dd12

Laundry

Discuss English plans for the year with ds16

Spanish with ds16

Cooking with dd12, dd14, and ds16

Lunch

Move stuff to/from the basement to prepare for selling

Chocolate

:hurray:  :hurray:  :hurray:

Whoa, look at Junie go!

• Like 1

If you provoke me, yes.

The coffee table is all clean.  So now the living room is clean. 

Now I'm going to flit into the shower. 

Vanessa's tables appear to have learned THEIR manners!

• Like 2

I think I have achieved GF chicken gravy perfection. :drool5:  Next chapter is up on the chopping block.

Oo-oo-oo-oo-oo!  Share, please!

A Booyay for Critter if she shares her recipe/technique!

Edited by AMJ
  • Like 3

Oo-oo-oo-oo-oo!  Share, please!

A Booyay for Critter if she shares her recipe/technique!

First of all, I don't dredge the chicken in flour anymore. I just fry it skin down at a lower temperature and keep working with it until it's all done. Season the chicken first with all the good things you like. (Salt, Pepper, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, and so forth). Once the chicken is done, you ought to have a good layer of drippings to work with. Drain off most of the oil. Leave just enough to put three to four tablespoons of GF flour mix in the oil. Cook gently until browning, scraping up the pan drippings up as you work the flour. Add 1 and a half cups of milk, cook on low, stir, just until it gets thick. Add another 1 and a half cups of milk and work it until thick for the second time. Season to taste and serve.

• Like 4

First of all, I don't dredge the chicken in flour anymore. I just fry it skin down at a lower temperature and keep working with it until it's all done. Season the chicken first with all the good things you like. (Salt, Pepper, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, and so forth). Once the chicken is done, you ought to have a good layer of drippings to work with. Drain off most of the oil. Leave just enough to put three to four tablespoons of GF flour mix in the oil. Cook gently until browning, scraping up the pan drippings up as you work the flour. Add 1 and a half cups of milk, cook on low, stir, just until it gets thick. Add another 1 and a half cups of milk and work it until thick for the second time. Season to taste and serve.

:hurray:  :hurray:  :hurray:  :drool5:  :drool5:

Thank you!

• Like 2

For dinner we are having egg salad, strawberries and blueberries, mixed greens salad, and something else that I can't remember. I think it was potato chips.

I fell asleep for a few minutes and now I feel woosie.

Dd19 has been assigned a new room with all new roommates. She is actually kind of glad because the three new roommates are actually very responsive and within an hour they have all responded and coordinated what items they are each bringing. She tried many times without sucess to get the former roommates to communicate (in a group text that they all agreed to use.)

I may require her to get a signed and notorized statement from her friends that tonight's dinner is the For Sure Absolutely Final Goodbye Get-together. 😭 https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LOdkcM-yR3M

• Like 8

We're going to do some errands on the way to the airport.

Dh is not cooperating with my schedule. But since he's volunteered to make spaghetti sauce for tonight's dinner I am not going to quibble.

My in-the-area brother is being annoying. He's supposed to take over hosting duties tomorrow because of the biopsy but somehow I am hosting my mother, sister AND my brother and wife for tomorrow's dinner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

We're going to do some errands on the way to the airport.

Dh is not cooperating with my schedule. But since he's volunteered to make spaghetti sauce for tonight's dinner I am not going to quibble.

My in-the-area brother is being annoying. He's supposed to take over hosting duties tomorrow because of the biopsy but somehow I am hosting my mother, sister AND my brother and wife for tomorrow's dinner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pizza?
  • Like 4