Menu

Ignore this thread!

So?  What's your point? 

You probably don't really want to come in this thread with that attitude, missy.  We're a bunch of FABA Ninja Elephants; it'd be best not to make us angry.  You wouldn't like us when we're angry.  :toetap05:

And you will need a bigger boat.

• Like 4

• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

Well, now you're not.  And once you've read the entire thread, we'll welcome you to the Cool Kid's Club.  (Yes, there is a test. We are homeschool moms, after all.  :001_smile: ) 

1000 points and a big box of chocolate for you, my dear, for keeping the newbies apprised of the requirements in my absence.  Thank you very kindly, and good job.

• Like 1

Now the cat is sitting in the NP Monopoly box, between the two girls, who are trying to actually finish the game.  They had to bribe her away from laying across the board.  Kitty treats were accepted as a bribe, since there was a box with playing pieces she could lay in.

• Like 1

The oreo recipe gets covered. Horchata is a Mexican drink made of rice, sugar and cinnamon. It's yummy.

Thank you.  I will find the oreo recipe.  Got a Horchata recipe to share?

John has been drinking liquified pillows?

Thank you. I will find the oreo recipe. Got a Horchata recipe to share?

John has been drinking liquified pillows?

Shush with the pillows. I'm too white to make good horchata. I get a mix at the local tienda and toss in a blender with water and ice. My favorite brand is Klass.

I do, too! All by myself. Like when I tagged along with DH on a business trip to Vegas several years ago and all I did was sit in the extremely comfortable chair in the hotel room with a carton of ice cream and the remote control. Oh yeah, and watched the maid come in and clean the bathroom and make the bed. Now, that's the kind of vacation I need right now!

:drool:

I've emptied the dishwasher, started some laundry and got the baby on the changing table. I'm definitely doing a lot better. Because of the slew of bills that are probably already on their way I canceled my RightStart games.  :crying: I'm going to go listen to the timeline song in sadness now.

Sorry about the games.  (What are those, anyway??)

Happy Happy about everything else.

Oh, and I dare you to learn up to Year 1AD by Monday morning. 

Totally normal. Totally good.

My number 5 is working on his post-doc now.

I think we're ok. I think he just teaches her things before I have a chance. I've taught her not to kill herself so I get points for that. I just had a moment of panic when she was suddenly counting and I had no clue how that happened.

• Like 2

I think we're ok. I think he just teaches her things before I have a chance. I've taught her not to kill herself so I get points for that. I just had a moment of panic when she was suddenly counting and I had no clue how that happened.

:D Yup.  I know that feeling.  

(Oh, and a confession: I made a weeeeee little itsy bitsy white lie back there.  DS1 is not in fact working on his post-doc.  Just in case you are still a little loopy from drugs and believed me. ;) )

• Like 2

Sorry about the games. (What are those, anyway??)

Happy Happy about everything else.

Oh, and I dare you to learn up to Year 1AD by Monday morning.

I seem to be memorizing random chunks. I'm one of those people who can listen to a song over and over again. I'm told only people with low IQs can do that.

The games supposedly replace drill work (?). I don't know. All I know is that people love them and many complain about the lack of drill in Miquon. I know you wouldn't guess it by my routine with John but I really like school later rather than sooner and whatever math I choose will probably start in the 3rdish grade, so I want the games now for mental exercise.

• Like 1

:D Yup. I know that feeling.

(Oh, and a confession: I made a weeeeee little itsy bitsy white lie back there. DS1 is not in fact working on his post-doc. Just in case you are still a little loopy from drugs and believed me. ;) )

A little loopy. Not that loopy.

• Like 1

My 2 year old can count to 12. This made me realize that I've never taught her anything. Ever. John taught her to pick up and feed herself and speak Spanish. Am I a bad mother? Is this normal?

Kids learn even when we aren't teaching. (both good and not-so-good things)  

• Like 5

Doctor #1 (primary) did absolutely nothing other than to tell me to lose weight.  I wanted to scream and cry but I had admirable restraint.

Doctor #2 (chiro) adjusted my back but told me that it was mostly a muscle problem.  Which I pretty much knew.  

I got dd to paint my entire back with "Bio Freeze" - a pain relieving gel.  This helped more than anything.  

I'm still very sore.  

• Like 3

My 2 year old can count to 12. This made me realize that I've never taught her anything. Ever. John taught her to pick up and feed herself and speak Spanish. Am I a bad mother? Is this normal?

Not at all. I was too lazy this evening to get up off the bed, put down the iPad and give my 4 year old a bath so I told her it was time for her to learn to take a bath herself. And so she did. (She didn't do hair, though. I had that pinned up for her) She figures out how to do all sorts of things for herself.
  • Like 5

Unfortunately our anniversary is towards the end of the month, and MORE family was born in that month in the years following.  Now we typically end up with relief that we made it through all of the birthdays without forgetting any, only to realize we have an anniversary, too (sometimes remembered the night before as we check the calendar because it feels like we were forgetting someone --oh, yeah, US).

We always remember our anniversary, until the day of. 

• Like 4

Shush with the pillows. I'm too white to make good horchata. I get a mix at the local tienda and toss in a blender with water and ice. My favorite brand is Klass.

So, what does that make me - too black to make horchata? Girl, please. I get mine at that nice little Mexican tortilleria down the street, lol!

There are some good recipes online, I hear the best add almonds for a smoother texture.

• Like 2

So, what does that make me - too black to make horchata? Girl, please. I get mine at that nice little Mexican tortilleria down the street, lol!

There are some good recipes online, I hear the best add almonds for a smoother texture.

I've been meaning to add almond milk to mine. It's our milk of choice here so we aways have it.

• Like 1

Doctor #1 (primary) did absolutely nothing other than to tell me to lose weight.  I wanted to scream and cry but I had admirable restraint.

Doctor #2 (chiro) adjusted my back but told me that it was mostly a muscle problem.  Which I pretty much knew.  

I got dd to paint my entire back with "Bio Freeze" - a pain relieving gel.  This helped more than anything.  

I'm still very sore.  

very gentle :grouphug:

• Like 1

Rocky says you both need to go again.  Now.

Dear, you did not know, so we forgive you, but when you are the first one on a new page, you're supposed to say, BOOYA! Optionally, you may also do "This is the thread that never ends..."

Now you have to hang with us until you can be first again. :hat:

• Like 7

So, I was an extra today on the set of The Leftovers. I don't know anything about it except what I have read on the Internet Movie Data Base. And it was hot, and humid, and by the end of the day (12 hours!!!) I could not put words together to make complete sentences. If they had asked me to come back tomorrow I would have told them NO.

I did a very short day last week, and got to see Christopher Eccleston, whom many of you will recognize as Dr. Who. I didn't expect that. :-)

• Like 5

Dear, you did not know, so we forgive you, but when you are the first one on a new page, you're supposed to say, BOOYA!

Optionally, you may also do "This is the thread that never ends..."

Now you have to hang with us until you can be first again. :hat:

This is not optional. Just sayin'.

• Like 4

I've been meaning to add almond milk to mine. It's our milk of choice here so we aways have it.

Let us know how it turns out when you try it. I can't find it now (and forgot to pin it!), but this person and his/her group tried different combinations of rice, rice/almonds to create the best tasting horchata.

They did all rice (grainy), half/half rice and almonds, and 3 parts almonds to 2 parts rice. They thought the more almonds the better. Of course, this was actually measuring out real rice and almonds and letting it sit in water all night, not from the package.

I ain't got time for that (there's still the blending and filtering with cheesecloth, etc.). You can tell me what the package with almond milk taste like, and then I'll try it.

• Like 1

Let us know how it turns out when you try it. I can't find it now (and forgot to pin it!), but this person and his/her group tried different combinations of rice, rice/almonds to create the best tasting horchata.

They did all rice (grainy), half/half rice and almonds, and 3 parts almonds to 2 parts rice. They thought the more almonds the better. Of course, this was actually measuring out real rice and almonds and letting it sit in water all night, not from the package.

I ain't got time for that (there's still the blending and filtering with cheesecloth, etc.). You can tell me what the package with almond milk taste like, and then I'll try it.

I will. I plan to buy a Blendtec soon, so I'll have opinions on other options as well. I've burned through about 10 blenders under $50 so I've decided it's worth the $320.

• Like 2

SO tired this morning.  I was doing angry cleaning last night and could not unwind enough to sleep on time.  3am I fell asleep, and now at 7am I have to head out the door for work.  Thank goodness this is a split shift day, I am climbing right back into bed when I get home again

• Like 3