• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

I really feel the need to take a field trip today, but it is raining. I want to go to the zoo. We have a really good zoo. And there's a baby rhino. And I think there's baby lions. And I love the capybara. And the peccaries. And then stop at In 'n Out Burger for lunch. This whole church thing is just exploding, and DH is a mess. He's always been the emotional one and I'm more objective and hard nosed. Pastor called him last night and Pastor's a wreck. I just need to get away from all this. School has been hard...and I just feel like I'm being a whiner. But, it's raining.... and no, there's no place we can go for a field trip that's inside. And I do really need to do school because we're behind....sigh!

Momma's takin us to the zoo tomorrow...

(Insert link to Peter, Paul and Mary on you tube)

• Like 4

Thank you ladies for your words. I have been in need of some emotional bolstering right now. I feel like I have had to be the strong one and I just can't do it anymore. I haven't checked my email, either.

Well, you're going to have to give us all the juicy, gossipy details if you want emotional support from us. <insert toe-tapping emo>.

Just kidding. Did I make you laugh? No? - pretend Slash posted this instead of me.

• Like 8

My bp is even higher than it was before when it was high.  And I'm taking my bp meds.  It's inflammation.  I've gained 3 pounds in one day.

I'm sorry.

(Cause if that didn't come off as funny I want her mad at you, not me, lol.)

I thought you were picking on me and I was sad. I want a cookie now.
  • Like 4

Krissi's picking me up and then we're driving to Honolulu.

Years ago Yahoo Maps had directions from New York to London.  I'm so sorry they got rid of them.  They included the step, "next swim 3,000 miles" or some such.

• Like 3

My bp is even higher than it was before when it was high.  And I'm taking my bp meds.  It's inflammation.  I've gained 3 pounds in one day. 

:grouphug:  :grouphug:

Jeannie's inflamed.  Everybody behave!  We don't want her further inflamed!

• Like 4

Apparently our house has much better acoustics for recording someone than the small rental room at the dance place.  The music teacher is a lot happier with his recording of DD15 today.  He needs to buy a different mic for recording piano, though, so he will record DD12 at a later date.  The recordings are a teaching tool so DD15 can hear herself, but I am interested in how it came out, too.  He's going to clean it up (remove small background noises) and have it ready for the next music lesson.

• Like 3

Now I get to type up a bunch of BP notes for my doctor appointment tomorrow.  It made him so happy last time when I did that, so I'll do it again.  I'll type up the BG notes, too, in case he wants those.  

• Like 2

This whole church thing is just exploding, and DH is a mess. He's always been the emotional one and I'm more objective and hard nosed. Pastor called him last night and Pastor's a wreck. 

Krissi-- This is not ok.  A healthy relationship church breakup would end with the pastor saying, "We will miss you so much. I hope that you are able to find a wonderful church home that is able to meet all of your needs. Please know that you are always welcome to come back--whether to visit or to stay."  And, then, if you still have friendships outside of just the church relationship---"Hey, are we still on for pizza after the baseball game next Friday?"

You don't need to explain things to the pastor.

You don't need to justify the change.

You don't need to reassure the pastor.

You don't need to fix things.

• Like 6

Yeah! Come pick me up!

Rocco and Roderigo are warming up the helicopter now. Well, they were. And then I told them to warm up the Lear jet.  

Beach?!! Did someone say beach? I'm in!!!!

we'll swing by and pick you up, too!! 

Krissi's picking me up and then we're driving to Honolulu.

you bet! I've got the boys packing the bags!
  • Like 4

Well, you're going to have to give us all the juicy, gossipy details if you want emotional support from us. <insert toe-tapping emo>.

Just kidding. Did I make you laugh? No? - pretend Slash posted this instead of me.

Lol!😠I really couldn't explain it all if I tried. But basically, It's what happens when you have a smallish church, in a small town, with a core group of people who have been there forever (and some are promiment community members as well) and don't think they can do anything wrong and nobody else thinks they can do anything wrong, but they do and then the elders DARE to do church discipline and it gets really really ugly..and that all happened 7 years ago and it's still a swirling cesspool of mess. Which we (DH and I) didn't realize was still going on because we were too busy working in the church and in spite of being there 10 years are basically outsiders. And then all the sudden, an event happened at the end of last month and my eyes were opened (and dh's, too, he just has a harder time with all this) and I'm like, "this is crazy, we are out of here!"

(Hopefully I gave enough of an explaination without being gossipy or inappropriate.)

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 5

This also serves to point out what cup-size measuring can't tell you -- the best configuration (shape) of bra for you. That takes pure trial and error to find what shape fits you best and is most comfortable. If you try the method as originally described but see a lot of air included in the measurement you likely have wider spacing, and need to shop for bras built for wider spacing. Pull the girls together for your measurement (to get a more accurate indicator of cup size), but then shop for bras that let the girls separate and ride in their natural and comfortable positions.

Finally measured today, all 3 ways and boy, what a difference a little modification makes! The old old way has me in a C, the old new way in an H(!!!!??!), and the new new (modified) way in a D, with a smaller band measurement than the old old way. Thank goodness I tried on a few before ordering an H! :D

Here endeth the TMI. My apologies to the moderators.

• Like 7

I think I have come up with a couple of relatively inexpensive kitchen storage solutions that can help with a couple of things that have been difficult to deal with since we moved into this house - the most annoying of which is where to store my large baking sheets.

Rats. Forgot to start the dishwasher.

• Like 3

(Hopefully I gave enough of an explaination without being gossipy or inappropriate.)

Yes, dear, you have said enough and did not give too many details.

That's a long time for grudges/mess still going on.  I think it's good you are getting out of there.  Put it behind, and focus on life going forward.

• Like 1

I think I have come up with a couple of relatively inexpensive kitchen storage solutions that can help with a couple of things that have been difficult to deal with since we moved into this house - the most annoying of which is where to store my large baking sheets.

Rats. Forgot to start the dishwasher.

So, what are you doing to store those baking sheets?  I have a very narrow vertical cabinet for mine, and too many crammed in there.

I got my bp to come down 30 points with supplements (magnesium and hawthorn). That was a wild ride. It's still high but no longer sky high.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good step in the right direction.

Sven!  Rodrigo!  Soothing music, massage, and chocolates for Jeannie!  Hilde, you take over homeschool duties.  Rocco, go fetch whoever needs fetching.  Yes, you can take the Apache helicopter, but take off and land quietly.

• Like 2

We just had a strange 1-second whole house power outage.  Good think I had just clicked save on my spreadsheet.  However, when I restarted my computer and tried to open my spreadsheet back up to add more it said that AMJ had it locked for editing and I could only look at it in read-only.  *sigh*  I have now made a copy, just so I can edit it.

• Like 2

I'm back from watering. Sadly, the river was really too high for me to feel comfortable letting two inexperienced boys try to navigate it. So we went to the lake. Which is never as relaxing. So I got nothing done and didn't relax. But there is always tomorrow. :001_smile:

• Like 4

I don't know where to store my large baking sheets, either. So, I just stand them up along the side of the countertop against the wall. My kitchen is getting more and more cluttered, but I love my large baking sheets.

I keep mine in the warming drawer below the oven.

• Like 2

So, what are you doing to store those baking sheets? I have a very narrow vertical cabinet for mine, and too many crammed in there.

I'm going to hang a wire basket inside the door of one of my larger lower cabinets (a 15" wide x 5" deep x 7" high basket will fit), using wreath hangers to get the basket low enough and secure it on with some 3M thingies and possibly us a bungie cord to keep the pans more secure against the door. I wish I had a vertical cabinet! I have asked dh if he will cut out the back shelf in a cabinet to make it vertical, but he's not keen on doing that. My MIL has one and it's really nice!

The other thing is a simple over-the-door hanging shelf/bin storage thing to put inside my basement pantry door.

• Like 2

I'm going to hang a wire basket inside the door of one of my larger lower cabinets (a 15" wide x 5" deep x 7" high basket will fit), using wreath hangers to get the basket low enough and secure it on with some 3M thingies and possibly us a bungie cord to keep the pans more secure against the door. I wish I had a vertical cabinet! I have asked dh if he will cut out the back shelf in a cabinet to make it vertical, but he's not keen on doing that. My MIL has one and it's really nice!

The other thing is a simple over-the-door hanging shelf/bin storage thing to put inside my basement pantry door.

Cool - sounds like MacGyver!!  

Oh, like automatically?  So, the fitbit says "Yoo-hoo!  Coffee-maker!  Slash is awake you need to start the coffee now!"  And the coffee maker would "hear" it and do it?

Yes. I'm sure you need a $4,000 coffee maker, but whatever, right?

And what if the fitbit decides you don't need or deserve coffee?

Great idea! Like you have to meet your step goal or you don't get coffee the next day.
  • Like 2

I really feel the need to take a field trip today, but it is raining. I want to go to the zoo. We have a really good zoo. And there's a baby rhino. And I think there's baby lions. And I love the capybara. And the peccaries. And then stop at In 'n Out Burger for lunch. This whole church thing is just exploding, and DH is a mess. He's always been the emotional one and I'm more objective and hard nosed. Pastor called him last night and Pastor's a wreck. I just need to get away from all this. School has been hard...and I just feel like I'm being a whiner. But, it's raining.... and no, there's no place we can go for a field trip that's inside. And I do really need to do school because we're behind....sigh!

:grouphug:

Ok, so if you were assigned to bring beans and cheese to a cub scout meal where they are serving fajitas....which cheese do you bring?

This issue is fraught with peril for me as:

1. fajitas don't typically get served with cheese

2. half of my congregation likely eats cotija or queso fresco and the other half eats kraft shredded, iykwim

Advice?

I have black beans going in my instant pot, but I am totally paralyzed on the cheese issue.

Edited by kbeal
  • Like 1