Menu

Ignore this thread!

This is not a good enough reason to start something that is not finished.

Yes, it is.  Sometimes the unfinished masterpieces must be appreciated for what they are.  Go watch.

• Like 1

• Replies 216.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

My angst is whether to homeschool high school or not. All things school are angst for said daughter, whether homeschool or not.

My teen would agree with your teen.  *big sigh*

No, someone accidently posted 3 times. It was a phone glitch. I did ask if they were sure they just didn't want to start another 100+ thread. They didn't answer.

Well, too bad for them, then.  Maybe they were just afraid they couldn't compete!

The goodbye thread that went poof. That was a good one.

I missed it.  I did a search for it, and it was all red and wouldn't allow me in to read it.  Somebody must have been baaaaad.....

• Like 1

Um. NO. We already have a theme song. And it's not creepy.

No, this is the new WELCOMING theme song, the one we sing when welcoming newbies in.  The main theme song is our Anthem, and must be sung at every moment of import.  Don't worry, we will teach the newbies the appropriate times for both songs.

• Like 2

Well it is in the TOC that swan songs are not allowed.  

For those that didn't know Luanne changed a thread she made early in May to be a good bye thread with a post about being done with this board.  It morphed into a random fun thread (I only read the first page last night and then went to bed so not sure exactly what all went on in it.  But because it was titled good bye with the swan song post the mods poofed it. I never replied in that thread because the only thing that came to mind was "don't let the door hitcha...."

For further clarification of my not niceness, see the thread about what your kids learned today haha 

Link, please?

*phew!*  Now I must finish cleaning berries and get some actual lunch.  I haven't had a real meal yet today.  See how dedicated I was to catching up?

• Like 3

My kids aren't aloowed to have noisy toys either. 😳 Well, it's not that I actually forbid them, but I won't buy them. I have sensory issues with noise. But then again, my kids are weird and don't play with toys much. We have all the open ended things, but they just rarely play with them. They play in the woods and creek most of the time.

They are allowed up to an hour of screen time per day. We don't always use that much, sometimes we are just too busy.

• Like 2

Well it is in the TOC that swan songs are not allowed.

For those that didn't know Luanne changed a thread she made early in May to be a good bye thread with a post about being done with this board. It morphed into a random fun thread (I only read the first page last night and then went to bed so not sure exactly what all went on in it. But because it was titled good bye with the swan song post the mods poofed it. I never replied in that thread because the only thing that came to mind was "don't let the door hitcha...."

For further clarification of my not niceness, see the thread about what your kids learned today haha

I was actually part of the thread. I had some gems in there.

• Like 1

I love toys.  I had toys long before I was married and had kids.  I mean, as an adult, not going back to childhood.  We had noisy toys and quiet toys and open ended toys and not so open ended (though my kids always seemed to make them open ended anyway).  I have a hard time getting rid of toys because they have such good memories of such good times.  

• Like 2

I like toys as well! I can't get rid of the dollhouse and the barn and the little kitchen set because they mean so much to me! The kids have rarely played with them. 😔

Can I come and play with your dollhouse and barn and little kitchen set?  I'll let you play with the "green bucket" which is where all our little people and animals are kept.  

• Like 3

I killed it.  No, it got deleted?

Got deleted because swan songs are against board rules.

So sad, though!  I count that thread amongst my best top ten work here.  The one linked earlier about coffee is in there, too, but that was witty satire.  The Goodbye thread was all silliness.  I had them all writing in hashtags.  My evil twin was on there playing with me.  It was a dream come true.  :D

• Like 5

Got deleted because swan songs are against board rules.

So sad, though!  I count that thread amongst my best top ten work here.  The one linked earlier about coffee is in there, too, but that was witty satire.  The Goodbye thread was all silliness.  I had them all writing in hashtags.  My evil twin was on there playing with me.  It was a dream come true.   :D

I ignored your evil twin.  Boo hashtags!  

Honestly?  I had slightly mixed feelings about the thread.  Knowing the OPs general sensibilities I would assume she'd be majorly upset with a drinking game on her turf.  And yet the whole thread was the equivalent of kilts  - a way of diffusing tensions and making things silly.  

• Like 1

I ignored your evil twin.  Boo hashtags!  

Honestly?  I had slightly mixed feelings about the thread.  Knowing the OPs general sensibilities I would assume she'd be majorly upset with a drinking game on her turf.  And yet the whole thread was the equivalent of kilts  - a way of diffusing tensions and making things silly.  

This is my specialty.  Think of me as Mr. Fox (played by Harvey Keitel) on Pulp Fiction who came in to clean up the dead bodies.  I have one job, and I'm really good at it.   ;)

(I usually have mixed feelings about most things, but I am a really good silly diffuser so one has to operate in one's giftings, no?)

ETA:  Please note:  I never addressed the original thread post or made fun of the OP.

• Like 6

I love those threads. All of the people who can occasionally jump down my throat are all fun and playful.

Tex, who is your evil twin?

I live for those threads.  It's like my crack.  Seriously.

I am tempted to let you do your own research because we have clues on our siggies, but since I'm all tired out from life I will just tell you.  *Lulu* is my long-time evil twin from way back.  

• Like 4

No, this is the new WELCOMING theme song, the one we sing when welcoming newbies in.  The main theme song is our Anthem, and must be sung at every moment of import.  Don't worry, we will teach the newbies the appropriate times for both songs.

Well, also, I used to frequent a forum long ago where newbies were given blue smocks and a handbook. I always thought that was a good idea. :hat:

• Like 5

Oh, thank you, Ellie! I missed the goodnight hula.

:)

ETA

This is the thread that never ends...

(On my tablet-noitalics andimited typing ability-sorry Renai)

Oh, and Booya!

(Sorry, Slash)

That was correct.

(Typed while resting my head on my new silk pillowcase)

• Like 3