• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

No, I'm not. I'm being good. 

We lost power for about two hours. Just another reason that online classes will never work where I live.

Okay.  You deserve a treat.  Go get whatever goodie you are most afraid of melting and consume it guilt-free.

• Like 1

It's okay Grammy, you're moving to Indiana with us. We'll have to do a weekly brunch with Dawn.

I'm confused.

No.  The babies and Dawn are moving here.  You can come too, if you can behave.

(ETA:  Go check your mail and you can see why.)

(Matt can visit so long as HE behaves and you say he can.)

Edited by JoJosMom
  • Like 4

Here's a conundrum. This story comes with two recipes. I'm sorely tempted to write the name of the recipe in the magical language I've invented, and then give the English translation. Is that silly, or interesting? (It could be both.)

Go for it!  Will you provide the pronunciation of the recipe name, too?  All of your fans will then delight in announcing what they are serving when they make it.

• Like 1

So I went to the pharmacy and grocery store and some "idiot" parked right next to my car so that it was impossible for me to get in.  I contemplated bashing his car door repeatedly until I had room to squeeze in there but decided that that might not be the best plan.  So I walked to the library and talked to my Japanese librarian friend while dd got books.  Then we went back to the car where I was still boxed in.  So I spent twenty minutes contorting my body which definitely doesn't bend so that I could get behind the wheel from the other side (there is a console etc between the bucket seats so I couldn't just slide across).  I had just backed out of the spot while cursing when the old man came back.  Dd didn't like me yelling at him in the car (she was the only one who heard me) but I felt better for doing it.  And I wasn't arrested or anything for parking rage. 

• Like 6

What about bathtubs?  If we immerse the book while taking a bath will it coat us all over?

Hmmm. You try that and report back. I would try it, except I like books too much. Except for the books I don't like that much. And those I don't want coated all over me, if it works. Kwim?

• Like 3

Writers' group. :wacko:  We have a situation---I'm not quite sure what's going to happen with it. We have age limits for a very good reason, and we've got someone wanting to make an exception. I don't know how I feel about it.

Well, I do know how I feel about it, but it's not my call.

Writers' group. :wacko:  We have a situation---I'm not quite sure what's going to happen with it. We have age limits for a very good reason, and we've got someone wanting to make an exception. I don't know how I feel about it.

Isn't some of your content for adults?  I don't mean x-rated or anything! But still, for an adult readership?  And don't you read things aloud?

• Like 3

I vote that you should let the old man/woman in.  It will help keep the brain active.

:laugh:

I would vote to keep the young whippersnapper out.  I would want to keep the group Adults Only.

• Like 7

Really? I thought the text was more a really light blue.

That could be because of different monitors, or different color settings.  That's part of the reason I just thought the discussion was about noticing the nearly identical colors.

• Like 1

It seems that if it's a GROUP and the group has agreed to certain age limits then it needs to be a GROUP decision to allow exceptions, shouldn't it?  People joined the group with the assurance that participation would be limited to a certain age range, which would affect the participants' comfort levels in sharing certain content.  This isn't even a matter of majority vote, either, since even a majority (but not unanimous) vote would still break the original agreement between participants.

• Like 2

It's frustrating to not know what something is. I honestly, truly believe that something is a certain color. I see it every time I look at it. It's a truth to me, but in actuality it's a lie.

Who says?  What were the colors called when you bought the items?

One more with the comforter.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BKhj0MGAvvY/?hl=when

Still looks green to me, even in what appears to be a picture with a bit much red cast to it.  Again, could be my monitor, but I'd expect a reddish cast to make it look purple if it was blue.

I slept for YEARS on green sheets that exact shade.  And blue is my favorite color, in nearly all of it's permutations.

Good morning. Second cup of tea coming up. We are starting school at nine today (fall schedule). I still have some line edits to do in the second half of my short story, but the half that I need to read for writers group tonight is done. 

I tried to wrap my head around MCT, but just couldn't get there. I think perhaps it is just not my style. I like free grammar anyway, so I've used Harvey's (liked it) and now KISS (like it better), and I enjoy the free diagramming texts from Glencoe. The two grammar books I have bought that are just my style are The Deluxe Transitive Vampire (I'm funny that way) and Image Grammar.

I am feeling reasonably creative this morning. :001_smile:

I could not figure out how KISS works. Since it was online, I gave up quickly. I think I need a book. Or at least a stack of papers in numerical order. :D

• Like 4

Here's a conundrum. This story comes with two recipes. I'm sorely tempted to write the name of the recipe in the magical language I've invented, and then give the English translation. Is that silly, or interesting? (It could be both.)

It makes sense to me; not silly at all.

• Like 3