Menu

Ignore this thread!

What is happening? It's supposed to be time for the parent's meeting at the college but no staff or students are here. Oh wait. Here they come. I guess they were running late.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And yet you posted anyway. After taking the effort to type the second part. I love ITT.

• Like 4

• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

At chick-FIL-a for first time ever

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have never been to Chick-fil-A in my life. The only one in our general area is in Fresno and as I rarely get to a Fresno.... 

Love the company. Food's meh. I prefer Wendy's.

i don't do Wendy's either. In-n-Out is my burger of choice,  

I made GF Brioche. We were out of bread. It seemed the right thing to do.

it sounds like the right thing to do, although I have no idea what brioche is.

:hurray: , but  :svengo: .

ETA:  On the other hand, I've never been to Starbucks.

I like Starbucks well enough, 

We are having tacos for dinner.

so are we!
  • Like 6

Yay! Can you bring some chocolate? Everyone seems to be out.

What college did you visit? We have 4 college visits coming up in the next couple months.

Dd made choc chip cookies with my mom today. I could probably sneak out with them, lol.

We went to Xavier today. We still have plans to go to Sewanee and Cedarville.

• Like 5

You grind up alligator to put into your plum pie? That's hard core...

Alligator pepper. AKA Grains of Paradise. Good stuff, y'all.

And it wasn't pie. It was a tarte tatin.

I love wine poached pears. I will seriously go find the best Chardonnay I can splurge on to make them. With a little bit of creme anglaise to go with them! Yum, yum, yum.

ETA: Yes, I am a little bit of a food snob. :laugh:

Edited by Critterfixer
  • Like 3

Traditional brioche is a very butter heavy bread. The GF version has less butter and is easier to make--but not quite like traditional brioche. Still, it was quite good. Considering my taste buds are off, I had to go by what the boys and DH said, and they thought it was pretty good too.

• Like 5

Dd made choc chip cookies with my mom today. I could probably sneak out with them, lol.

We went to Xavier today. We still have plans to go to Sewanee and Cedarville.

OooooooooooooooooOoooOooOo

You can visit me on your way to Sewanee! Have you been there before? If not, well, it is an amazing place. We go to their annual Lessons and Carols service every year. They also have the best college recruiting materials. :D

Dd18 and I will be visiting Union, Lipscomb (why do lips need a comb, mommy?), Belmont, and the humble new campus of Columbia State Community College, which is probably where dd will go, because I am not (at this precise moment) prepared to sell any of my kids to pay for the other schools.

• Like 2

Alligator pepper. AKA Grains of Paradise. Good stuff, y'all.

And it wasn't pie. It was a tarte tatin.

I love wine poached pears. I will seriously go find the best Chardonnay I can splurge on to make them. With a little bit of creme anglaise to go with them! Yum, yum, yum.

ETA: Yes, I am a little bit of a food snob. :laugh:

I prefer poached pears done with red wine. Yummmm

• Like 2

Do the Harry Potter movies say OMG? Not that I would ever play those movies in our home. We'd obviously all go to Hell if I did.

I'm a real stickler about the OMG thing and I think John might be old enough to enjoy them.

#badchristian

#christiansarentfunny

I remember a lot of "bloody hell" from Ron

• Like 3

Slache,

I didn't want to hijack Katie's "Violet" thread, but you forgot Daisy, Ivy, Laurel, and Heather.  ;)

Dd12 has a whole list of "flower names" in her story-writing binder.  It's in her room, so I can't get it right now.  There's probably a dozen or so names -- will that be enough?   :laugh:

• Like 4

Slache,

I didn't want to hijack Katie's "Violet" thread, but you forgot Daisy, Ivy, Laurel, and Heather. ;)

Dd12 has a whole list of "flower names" in her story-writing binder. It's in her room, so I can't get it right now. There's probably a dozen or so names -- will that be enough? :laugh:

Ivy's not a flower and I don't like the others. I don't even like Rose, but it's the best. Daisy was our rabbit. Horrible death. Lovely name, but no Daisys.

• Like 3

Do the Harry Potter movies say OMG? Not that I would ever play those movies in our home. We'd obviously all go to Hell if I did.

I'm a real stickler about the OMG thing and I think John might be old enough to enjoy them.

#badchristian

#christiansarentfunny

I don't think so. Now I'll have to rewatch them all so I can check them out for you. People have said that people who read/watch HP will go to jail; I decided to read/watch them for myself, and now I know those people are crazy. :D

• Like 4

Ivy's not a flower and I don't like the others. I don't even like Rose, but it's the best. Daisy was our rabbit. Horrible death. Lovely name, but no Daisys.

Apparently, you're a stickler for flower names as well. I'd give some suggestions, but then, I'd only be getting snarky. :D

• Like 4

How do I get caught up in this stuff?

So, the Spanish I class that I and two other teachers volunteered to teach doesn't actually have all the information transferred from the old site to the new. Only lesson 1 was completed, by our very tired wonder woman who runs the website, answers the emails, knows how to build courses (has done most of them), and knows no Spanish. We didn't realize lesson 2 wasn't completely transferred until another one of the teachers pointed it out this morning. Actually, I think I remember seeing there were no questions added to a quiz, but forgot.

Now, all of us work - whether full time or part time. I've already done the syllabus (with no help). Now, guess who is busy trying to figure out how to do all the stuff to get the information to the live page? Our Wonder Woman is really busy trying to hold the site together (something to do with new servers and other things that are a foreign language to me), and I'm not going to ask her to do it. I guess it was about time that I learned to build anyway. I also suggested a work-around since lesson 2 obviously cannot begin on Monday (my first session - we have two a week). I built in study weeks for each exam, so we won't be behind. While looking at the archived course (last taught in 2012), I also found a powerpoint for a major grammar point that was barely touched on in the first prepared slides, so we have something to work on until I get lesson 2 live.

In other words, I will barely be keeping one step ahead of the students this whole year, trying to build this course. Thankfully, it's not from scratch and the information is available.

• Like 4

Renai needs to update her blog more frequently.

I know, right?

I keep making useless promises to myself that I will update more often, but to no avail. When I was part of the Sonlight 25th anniversary blog fest thing, I did pretty well. Not much since then though.

I think my goal for now will be just once a month. Maybe I'll start that...next month.  :lol:

• Like 4

Renai is super super busy.

For some odd reason, I cannot remain unbusy. This year was supposed to be easier - what with me working part-time and not in graduate school anymore. But, I've said the current year will be easier for the last 10 years or so. Technically, this year should be easier - I don't have my own class (outside the home), so I don't have that mountain of paperwork. I'm glad, because they've made changes that no one is happy with, that means more paperwork; I'm only there part-time, and don't have to take any work home; I only have kindergarten to teach; well, I actually also have high school, but I'm mostly checking work. I need to bump up my involvement on that end though or she'll be in high school until she's 25.

ETA: I had to finish the post. I have an extremely sensitive touchpad that moves things when I do not desire them to do so.

Edited by Renai
  • Like 5