Menu

Ignore this thread!

No, you're not.  Just help her develop the fundamentals then let her go.  If it's intuitive for her, she'll be WAAAAY into the discovery method.  She's going to make it easy for you! :thumbup1:

(And you should really, really listen to me, because I don't worry or obsess about anything...)

I hope you're right.

And I'm too easily distracted to be obsessed.  :)

• Like 8

• Replies 216.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

There is a Thread on the Board Whose Name Shall Not Be Mentioned titled "How Bad is Fancy Feast?"

I shouldn't post, "Well, I wouldn't serve it at a dinner party," right?

This is especially great considering the other threads regarding hatred of cooking and the spin-off quick alternatives to cooking.   :laugh:

• Like 7

I told Matt. He came home today and I'm seeing the doctor later. I'll be on medication soon. Anyone know how long it takes to kick in? I suppose 20 minutes is unrealistic.

Eta: That was a joke. I'm hoping less than 2 weeks.

Edited by Slache
  • Like 11

:grouphug: Slache

I'm glad you have an appointment. I think two weeks is a good estimate. Hopefully, in a week there will be some improvement. Try to rest when you can, take a multivitamin, get out in the sun.

Now, if I could just take my own advice......

:grouphug: again. At least you have us to talk to. :)

• Like 8

Sigh.  I think that the hot water heater guy did something to clog the drain from the washing machine.  He moved the washing machine for me for free though so I don't really want to complain.  Because then I would probably have to pay the company for the moving ($178) plus still have to pay a plumber.  But I might be able to fix it myself.  Dh has given me permission to play pioneer woman and to try to snake it out.  (Don't get down on dh - he's busting his butt in overtime at two jobs right now.) 

• Like 7

Fourth day of school and I am almost ready to declare math a nonessential subject. Math skills or sane mother - we may need to make a choice here.

Whoa - that was one GIANT German shepherd being walked past our house.

(((Susan))) for the math.  I know.  Dd6 is my math whiz, but the rest of them...

We once saw a police officer training a German shepherd at the park.  Dd10 (who was a toddler at the time), pointed at it and yelled, "Foo-Foo" (her word for dog).  I was like, No, Sweetie.  That is not a Foo-Foo.  :)

• Like 6

I told Matt. He came home today and I'm seeing the doctor later. I'll be on medication soon. Anyone know how long it takes to kick in? I suppose 20 minutes is unrealistic.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:

Good for you for recognizing the problem so quickly.  Even with prior experience, that can be hard.  The length of time that it takes the medication to kick in can vary by the particular medication and of course by individual.  Improvement can usually be seen in the first couple of weeks, with full effect following in the next few weeks.  

Lots of support here of course.  

P.S. Thanks to all of you who provided instructions.  I figured out the emoticons.   :hurray:

• Like 8

:willy_nilly: Don't swim in the sea! :willy_nilly:

Treacherous waters today.  Be safe out there.

I just try to stay away altogether. ITT is the only sanity there is.

Fourth day of school and I am almost ready to declare math a nonessential subject. Math skills or sane mother - we may need to make a choice here.

Whoa - that was one GIANT German shepherd being walked past our house.

I think math is entirely overrated. I knew a homeschooling mom once who didn't teach her daughter math at all because the daughter didn't like it.

Good!

I'm on a Jimmy Buffet binge.  It's Critter's fault.

"Wasting away again in Margaritaville.... "

Camp lesson 5 is done, yo.  Now I just have to write lessons 6 through 9.

woohoo! You go girl!

I am back from the dentist. No "4s" this time! Yay for me! My hygienist is a crack up. She's 70 years old, has bright red hair, drives a Camaro and talks nonstop. Now... I just don't feel like doing anything. I think I'll go back to my book.

• Like 7

My ears are getting plugged every day by early afternoon and it is making me crazy. It feels like I've been swimming and gotten my ears waterlogged. If I don't talk at all, I can avoid it. But alas and alack. I must teach. And talk to kids. And answer questions. And call them back to the kitchen to put their dishes in the dishwasher.

If I am completely silent for the next 5 hours, they will unplug. Otherwise I have to go with decongestant. I think it's allergies, though this is the only sign of congestion I have.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 2

I have been such a lazy bum today. Except for going to the dentist, all I've done is read this stupid Michael Connelly novel. The main character is not Harry Bosch this time, but the plot is just as fast moving and addictive. I have got to get up off my lazy backside, get some coffee and do something productive!

• Like 3

I checked on the school calendar for our local high school and discovered that those kids only get 1 1/2 months of summer.  They resumed classes on August 1st, and won't get out until mid-June.  They do, however, get two full weeks' break in between each of the quarters.

Who would have guessed?  It's a back-to-school booyah!

Wastin' away again in Math-and-Grammarville....

Edited by AMJ
  • Like 6

There are some here who could argue that without a bowl of coffee one transforms into a goat.

Caffeine, Baby! Yeah!

Whilst traveling about yesterday, we stopped at a nice little Forest Service visitor center in Jessieville, AR. It was super quiet and appeared to be supervised by a nice little retired librarian, but you never know. Her motorcycle could have been hidden in the back of the building. Anyway, I found a book that was about the locations, merits and best viewing times for every waterfall in Arkansas, and I opted to purchase that as part of my Camp prize! 

Welcome Tessamae! Good luck on your test today. 

ETA: They played Margaritaville yesterday at the water park. :D

ETA2: It's a Math and Grammarville, Booyah! (And yes, I am crazy enough to sing aloud at water parks with songs I like.)

You should sing ITT lyrics!

• Like 3

So today dd5's math book had a new lesson -- borrowing.  It took two examples and less than 2 minutes for her to catch on and she finished the remaining problems on her own.  I am in so much trouble...

Funny thing about borrowing in math -- it's actually stealing.  Think about it, you never give it back when you are done, do you?

• Like 6

There is a Thread on the Board Whose Name Shall Not Be Mentioned titled "How Bad is Fancy Feast?"

I shouldn't post, "Well, I wouldn't serve it at a dinner party," right?

Post it!  Post it!   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I just updated my signature.  5 of my 6 kids have late summer birthdays, so I just went ahead and aged everyone at once.  I keep forgetting who is how old anyway.  We are all even this year.  Next year we will all be odd again.   :hat:

But if you listed their year of birth, you'd never have to update anything. :D People can figure out on their own how old the dc are, and grade levels are irrelevant for homeschooled children, right? Well, there you go. :001_tt2:

• Like 3

But if you listed their year of birth, you'd never have to update anything. :D People can figure out on their own how old the dc are, and grade levels are irrelevant for homeschooled children, right? Well, there you go. :001_tt2:

But, but, but... That would require us to MATH!  :svengo:

• Like 6