• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

Parenting.  Sigh.

I can count on one hand how many times daycare has had to call me at work since DS has been going from 3 mo old.  I just got a call that DS was up in the play structure and mad about something so refusing to come down.  She didn't want to physically force him, so she wasn't sure what to do - apparently he has been up there awhile.  So I told her to tell him he would lose his iPad if he did not come down immediately.  His response was, "For how long?"  :lol:

I told her to tell him the rest of the summer, and if I had to come down there to handle this he would be in deep doo doo.  Le sigh.  It worked.  He came down.

Imma gonna need some chocolate myself today, Jean.

• Like 6

Graduations are still considered dress up occasions, aren't they?  I am apparently meanest mom ever for requiring dd to wear a dress or skirt to one. 

Yes, but I wouldn't be opposed to a really nice pair of slacks.  Maybe paired with a nice pair of heels or something.

But not skinny jeans or shorts or something. 

• Like 2

Parenting.  Sigh.

I can count on one hand how many times daycare has had to call me at work since DS has been going from 3 mo old.  I just got a call that DS was up in the play structure and mad about something so refusing to come down.  She didn't want to physically force him, so she wasn't sure what to do - apparently he has been up there awhile.  So I told her to tell him he would lose his iPad if he did not come down immediately.  His response was, "For how long?"  :lol:

I told her to tell him the rest of the summer, and if I had to come down there to handle this he would be in deep doo doo.  Le sigh.  It worked.  He came down.

Imma gonna need some chocolate myself today, Jean.

:lol: I want to meet this kid the next time I'm nearby!

• Like 3

I would like to make Mongolian Beef in my new IP, but now I am afraid of it. What if it blows up my kitchen? What if I steam my face off? I am tired, and my brain is having a hard time focusing on the instructions.

Also, the recipe does not call for carrots, but I would like to put a package of baby carrots in with it. Is this allowable?

• Like 4

Just an additional thought on the dishwasher rinse aid.  When I got our new dishwasher a couple of years ago I was told that the new ones "require" rinse aid in order to do their job.  Require is in quotes because of course they will work without it but that they work better with it.  This was from the appliance sales man who doesn't really care if I buy rinse aid. 

• Like 2

I had to google this. We use heated drying.

I use Jet Dry.

Nope.

Nope.

Aint nobody got time for that.   :hat:

Well, the instructions on my new not-yet-installed dishwasher say I should use some. I never noticed a difference with my old dishwasher, but maybe that's because it was a stupid dishwasher.

• Like 1

Well, the instructions on my new not-yet-installed dishwasher say I should use some. I never noticed a difference with my old dishwasher, but maybe that's because it was a stupid dishwasher.

It isn't hard.  I was given some to try with the new dishwasher.  Then once that ran out I got a bottle from the grocery store.  Every now and then I add it to the little dispenser in the door.  Easy peasy and takes only seconds. 

• Like 4

The imitation of a slug thing sounds good. If anybody needs me you can find me under a rock in the garden, hiding from the world.

(I have had dinner--thank you, DH!---and after a shower I should be back to my reasonably sarcastic self. But right now I'm just tired.)

• Like 8

Good Saturday Morning!  It's our last regular swim practice before the conference-wide meet, and it's spirit day - everyone will be making t-shirts and posters, etc.  Lots of fun.  

Yay for Krissi!  I think you're amazing.  I would be committed to a padded cell after a week of VBS.  

Susan, congratulations on non-lethal IP uses!  Mine will probably have to sit in the box until next week.  

COFFEE!!!

• Like 4

Good morning.

Yay, for new appliances.

Everyone is still sleeping. Mom will have to get up soon to take her first rounds of meds, or the day will be off.

I'm tired. We will have to build an addition to the house if mom stays here. If we don't build on, she is going to have to go home. Therapists, nurses and aide are not going to come after this month. She is as good as she can be, and nothing for them to do. But I need my house back. She has a news channel on all. day. long. The things they say on there are sickening. I had to tell dd16 to take the twins in her room and listen to loud music the other night because I did not want them to hear the tv. So then if we build, it will be builders, plumbers, electricians and decisions, decisions, decisions all fall. And probably for the rest of the year. It is going to be hard having school in the kitchen (our usual place) with the tv in the living room blaring. The kitchen and living room are next to each other. We could go in my bedroom, but it would be very uncomfortable when they have to write, do math, etc.

When I made this decision to have mom here, you all were right. I should've said no. But I couldn't. I have a problem. I can't say no, and I can't tell people when they are irritating me.

I don't know what to do. Build.....don't build. So many things have been turned off at her house it would be a hassle to get it ready for her to live in. She won't fix her food or get her meds. She would be in the hospital in no time.

That is enough. If y'all read though that you deserve a medal.:D

Have a happy and beautiful day.

• Like 2

Dawn, you are awesome. :coolgleamA:

Good morning! Today is Greek class with IP chicken tacos. What's the rack in the IP for? I'm also making the kids chocolate yogurt and making yogurt pops out of them.

We start another Whole30 on Monday. We were supposed to start on the 1st but we're completely out of food so it just makes sense to start now.

I'm still debatingon whether or not to get into making kombucha. Thoughts?

• Like 4