Menu

Ignore this thread!

Yeah, I saw you post padding there! Take it from me, it doesn't work! I'd pad and pad and pad and then someone else slides in there and grabs the Booya/h! It's rigged, I tell you! Rigged!

I cannot help but agree. 

*whatnonoddinghead?*

• Like 1

How did she like TT for algebra? We used TT before this last year, up through grade 7, I think, then took a break from it because DD14 was growing a little bored with the format. After a year pursuing math on Khan Academy she might be less bored with TT again.

She likes it about as well as she'll like any math program. :D The immediate feedback, hints, and reworking of problems is something she really needs (and values). She started the program with algebra, though, so she's only had a couple years with it. I am hoping she can finish up geometry in the fall and take dual enrollment statistics in the spring.

I am starting dd13 on TT pre-algebra in the fall.

• Like 1

Yeah, I saw you post padding there! Take it from me, it doesn't work! I'd pad and pad and pad and then someone else slides in there and grabs the Booya/h! It's rigged, I tell you! Rigged!

And we ALL know who rigged the system, don't we? Ahem.

Yes, we are looking at you, Slacheypoo! ;)

• Like 2

So whatcha writing, Critterfixer?  I've been gone a while, so please excuse me if you already explained elsewhere in the thread.

I'm revising my fantasy novel from back in November. I worked on it over April, May and part of June, and now I'm ready for round two. I've got a list of plot and character questions I'm asking myself to think about as I get ready for revision. Today I will do chapter summaries if I get through all my questions. I'm feeling a little like Cinderella, too much to get done before I turn into a pumpkin...or something like that...

• Like 3

Good Sunday Morning! It's gonna be a busy day. Church, quick VBS meeting after church and then dd goes to camp. I volunteered to be a driver so I get to spend my afternoon driving a carload of giggly girls up a horribly curvy road to camp. Someone said lemon drops help with carsickness, so I bought a bag of those. It's only 1 1/2 hour drive, and I'm bringing my mom for company, so it won't be all that bad.

Happy Birthday Lynn's middle dd.

Happy Anniversary Jean and Mr. Jean.

• Like 4

I have a shindig headache.  And my family all keeps wanting my attention.  I am peopled out.  Leave me Alone!!!  Or as the Chinese deli lady tells us when we are done ordering, "You go away now"!  (She only says this to us because she knows us and we know that she is teasing.)

I have a new endo who is something like this.  He doesn't tell people to go away (on the contrary -- my first visit with him took two full hours!), but do NOT talk to him if he is typing something into the computer.  When he is asking questions do NOT tell him anything else other than what he specifically asked for (this is in conjunction with typing into the computer).  Correction: he doesn't take kindly ANY interruption when he is with a patient, and I suspect he WILL tell people to go away if one occurs.

People either love or hate this doc.  What some people complain vociferously about are exactly the traits others praise.  After my first visit--2 hours!--I think I quite like him.  He's detailed and thorough.  The first hour or more was all gathering of information, including reading EVERYTHING I wrote on the new patient paperwork.  (Woohoo!  He actually read it, asked further questions that brought out stuff I didn't remember to write down, and didn't just file it away!)  After the inquisition came the discussion.  He explained things well and made sure we understood them (DH was with me on that visit), listened to our questions, discussed our concerns -- everything a patient could want in an engaged and interested doctor.  When we were with him we were his SOLE concern, and when we departed we left with a very clear picture of what will be done (and why) until the next visit.

I have my next visit with him next week.  I have not managed to comply with his instructions on a daily basis but I tried, so we will see how he reacts to that.

• Like 4

Good Sunday Morning!  Hope everyone enjoys a day of rest.  We need it here after a lot of busy-ness.  

Happy Birthday Tech Support!

Hello AMJ, nice to see you!

Coffee-time!

Hi, Lynn!

I'll read the other posts that have come in, but then I really must get on some housework.  ITT visits are rewards for getting housework done.  This is helping me reestablish some of my routines.

• Like 1

And it's middle dd's birthday today.  Party was a couple weeks ago.  Just a couple family gifts later today.  

Happy Birthday!!!!

:party: :party: :party:

I'm revising my fantasy novel from back in November. I worked on it over April, May and part of June, and now I'm ready for round two. I've got a list of plot and character questions I'm asking myself to think about as I get ready for revision. Today I will do chapter summaries if I get through all my questions. I'm feeling a little like Cinderella, too much to get done before I turn into a pumpkin...or something like that...

Wonderful!!!  I applaud you!!!!  I have a friend IRL who is also writing a fantasy novel -- she's been working on it for years, but in these past couple of years it has really started to come together.  My NaNoWriMo writings haven't been as structured or thorough -- they've mostly been exploratory to date.

Keep it up!  It's a monstrous effort, but I KNOW you can do it!

• Like 2

Good Sunday morning.

Today is our 23rd wedding anniversary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats!  Happy Anniversary!!!!!!

:party: :party: :party: :party:

• Like 1

I am still exhausted and peopled out from yesterday's shindig.  And I have to go to church. . . with people.  Not many people at our tiny church but still people. 

Yeah, I get it.  Here's hoping you get through it with equanimity, and it's not unnecessarily prolonged.  Sometimes we just need some downtime from others to renew and regain inner peace.

• Like 1

AHEM, yourself.  Slash is the Original Booya Babeâ„¢. Her awesomeness is existential.  It is NOT "rigged."

Hmph.

And I will be even more impressed if she manages the occasional Booya(h) with a new babe in the house, much less settling in, too!  It will be utterly understandable if she doesn't Booya(h) for a while, too.

• Like 1

I reheated some leftover pizza for lunch -- it should be cooled down to not-quite-burn-my-fingers now, so time for a lunch break.  I was good:  folded several loads of leftover laundry and got it put up, am now running the 3rd load of wash with the second load in the dryer (first load already put away), got the kids to help with a whole-house emptying of the trash cans and took trash out to the big cans ready to roll to the curb tomorrow morning, put away the clean dishes and pots, pans, knives, etc. washed yesterday and last night, and (with DH's help) got DD12's Moons In My Room (she has 2) back working again and reinstalled on the wall.  Oh, and I unpacked the toiletries bag from our last overnight trip a week ago and rounded up for washing the towels and old sheets we took on that trip (helping DH's brother's family move).

I've been good.  I get to sit now (but only one episode).

• Like 2

So, maybe a series, then? *shesaysingleefulanticipation*

Perhaps. Right now the entire monster part is a reflection of the author's obsession with words and a protagonist who enjoys physical battles and verbal ones with equal enthusiasm. I love him to death, but he'll talk your ear off and pursue any task with the sole purpose of making a mess of things, I think.

• Like 3

I've come to the conclusion that my mother and her siblings were raised like godly tomatoes. I'm sure there are great things in the book, but repeated spankings without explication, forced happiness and a few other things mentioned are things she's told me she was raised with and I didn't understand why. I had never heard of this philosophy before. It makes me understand her better. I also understand why I was the favorite grandchild. I was always the most compliant. Believing I was better than my cousins did me no favors and permanently damaged my relationship with them as well as my relationship with my aunt and uncle. It's all very sad, particularly the way my mother's generation turned out as adults, but I'm glad to have a little glimpse into the reasoning.

Perhaps. Right now the entire monster part is a reflection of the author's obsession with words and a protagonist who enjoys physical battles and verbal ones with equal enthusiasm. I love him to death, but he'll talk your ear off and pursue any task with the sole purpose of making a mess of things, I think.

A Victorian Vin Diesel?  :smilielol5:

• Like 1

I finished my housekeeping and a few leftover things for school. We are technically supposed to be on a break due to a lot of out-of-house business this week, but there were some loose ends to tie up.

Good job!  *pats back*

• Like 1

godly tomatoes

I have never heard this term, but boy, the rest of it sounds familiar.  I think that was part of a lot of household's expectations of what was "normal" child-rearing a generation or two ago.

We can each choose what worked and what didn't work to carry over into our own child-rearing, thankfully.  Don't let what happened in the past get you down.  You are doing a good job right now.

I have never heard this term, but boy, the rest of it sounds familiar. I think that was part of a lot of household's expectations of what was "normal" child-rearing a generation or two ago.

We can each choose what worked and what didn't work to carry over into our own child-rearing, thankfully. Don't let what happened in the past get you down. You are doing a good job right now.

There's a thread on the chat board about a book called Raising Godly Tomatoes. It seems to be about correcting outward behavior to change the heart of the child rather than the other way around which is our focus. There are some horrible things mentioned in the thread like putting a 6 month old on a blanket, placing a toy off the blanket, and spanking them for getting off the blanket to get the toy. It's called blanket training and has my grandmother written all over it. I believe it was suggested that you should hit their hands or legs because the diaper would render the spanking useless.