Menu

What's with the ads?

It's finally (almost) Friday.  One (maybe 2) classes, a D&D info session, and a possible Kid's Night Out, then it's the weekend!!!

An -almost the weekend- booya!  The absolutely best kind.

Edited by Where's Toto?
  • Like 5

We're almost done with our first week of no screens after 8pm and lights out at 10pm and it's going very well.  We've played board games, kids have drawn (with actual pencils), ds read up on D&D.   Everyone has been in a good mood.

I've been looking into ways to advertise the non-homeschool portion of my business.  I'm thinking of doing donations for Tricky Trays.  They are pretty popular around here and the ones sponsored by schools would get the word out to parents, which are the ones who I need to let know about my services.   I just need to think about what to put in a basket.  I'm thinking a free workshop/KNO certificate ($20 value) and some science toys/tools/something??   Any suggestions?   (non-homeschool business same is XXXXXX STEM Enrichment Center). 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Did she come through it ok?

Probably.

12 minutes ago, Where's Toto? said:

We're almost done with our first week of no screens after 8pm and lights out at 10pm and it's going very well.  We've played board games, kids have drawn (with actual pencils), ds read up on D&D.   Everyone has been in a good mood.

I've been looking into ways to advertise the non-homeschool portion of my business.  I'm thinking of doing donations for Tricky Trays.  They are pretty popular around here and the ones sponsored by schools would get the word out to parents, which are the ones who I need to let know about my services.   I just need to think about what to put in a basket.  I'm thinking a free workshop/KNO certificate ($20 value) and some science toys/tools/something??   Any suggestions?   (non-homeschool business same is XXXXXX STEM Enrichment Center). 

We stopped kids screen time all together after a serious attitude problem. Things have much improved. Mom's not supposed to be on except at break...

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Slache said:

Probably.

We stopped kids screen time all together after a serious attitude problem. Things have much improved. Mom's not supposed to be on except at break...

We're really bad because dh and I are still on screens.  A lot of times it is work but not always. 

We weren't really experiencing any attitude problems (or any other kinds of problems).  I just felt like the kids were on too much, we had slacked off into a kind of free-for-all and I felt we should be more deliberate about things, and I wanted to see if it would help them sleep better.  Especially ds who was having a lot of anxiety issues. 

• Like 4

Dd16 went shoe shopping at the mall today.  She scored two pairs of shoes (a sandal and a wedge) for less than $8 (total).  :)

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

Drove down to just north of San Antonio with friends today. We had lunch at a restaurant that is on a river, sat outside and enjoyed the not-humid fresh air. 🙂

Hula tomorrow, Christmas tea on Saturday.

That is all.

• Like 9

Just now, Ellie said:

Drove down to just north of San Antonio with friends today. We had lunch at a restaurant that is on a river, sat outside and enjoyed the not-humid fresh air. 🙂

Hula tomorrow, Christmas tea on Saturday.

That is all.

DID YOU SEE ANY GOOD APARTMENTS?

• Like 4

I am so tired! Time for tea.

5 hours ago, Spudater said:

Hopefully that didn’t come off as braggy but I can’t take any credit for her math ability.  Dh’s genes and dh’s teaching.

I thought the whole reason we had kids was so that we could brag about them. I certainly can't brag about myself anymore!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I can’t sleep so I’m looking at LOTR themed birthday cakes on Pinterest.

did you know there are Arwen and Aragorn wedding cake toppers?  I know Lego Lass will be excited. 

Did you know people actually make Gollum-themed cakes?  *gag*

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Now I’m looking a lotr themed weddings. 

So which is cooler, having a sword hilt as the bottom of your bouquet, or shooting your bouquet into the air with a bow (how do people catch the thing without getting impaled?)

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Good Morning!  Coffee is brewing!

Happy Nirthday to Susan's youngest.  🎂 🎉  She's just 6 months younger than my baby.  

• Like 5

Good Morning!!!!!

Friday!!!,

COFFEE!!!!~D

School!!! We need to do art today. We haven’t done art in a while.

DD1 has allergy shots. I gotta run by the City offices and pay our utility bill. For the new house. It’s not set up on-line yet and the mailbox is still not re-keyed so we are still not getting our mail.

I need to go by the old house and get some things done, too.

And phone calls to make. I hate phone calls. I’d rather chew my arm off than make phone calls.

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Slache said:

DID YOU SEE ANY GOOD APARTMENTS?

We were *almost* in San Antonio, in a historic district called Gruene (pronounced Green) in New Braunfels, which is right next to SA. We can meet there sometime and do lunch. 🙂 Sorry, I wasn't looking for apartments.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Spudater said:

Now I’m looking a lotr themed weddings. 

So which is cooler, having a sword hilt as the bottom of your bouquet, or shooting your bouquet into the air with a bow (how do people catch the thing without getting impaled?)

Why do people even have themes weddings? It just seems weird. Years and years ago DH (this was before he was my DH) and I went to a themed wedding. It was like .... i’m Not sure what the theme was exactly, like Broadway or the movies or Hollywood or something like that. Anyhow, it was weird and I was uncomfortable. Maybe i’m Just an old fuddy-duddy.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 4

I woke up too early. I hate it when that happens. And I can’t even have a second cup of COFFEE!!!~D because I put the last of the half-and-half in my first cup. Not an auspicious start to my day.

I need to go to the store. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Happy nirthday, Susan's baby! All the parties!

I'm writing, and writing, and writing. Trying to get through the last chapter and a half of my three chapter revision that I need to send to my agent next week. See if I got it right or if I need to hand in my writing card and quit pretending. It's going pretty well, though. I like it, anyway.

• Like 7

Mornin'    It's not even 9 am and it's not going so well here.  I had a particularly bad night.  Then I was woken up by a *&$# telemarketer.  Then Libby pooped all over the stairs. . .    Sigh.  I'm up.  Libby's mess has been cleaned up.  Time to get the party started and hope that it isn't a pity party. 

• Sad 4

I picked up groceries and realized that I forgot to order milk.  Usually I would just wait until the next order, but ds18 will be back at school by then.  And he loves milk.  So I will be a good mom and ask dh to pick some up at the store on his way home.  😉  Or I'll get it when I go back out later.  sigh again

• Like 5

Ok, well, I took DD1 to get her allergy shots and stopped at the little Mexican grocery store across the parking lot for half-and-half, so life is much better. Now, we have to do some school stuff - spelling test, grammar, math, history. The usual.  

My kitchen reeks of ammonia. The stove top grates at the old house were so gunked up and I found on line that if you put each one in a gallon ziploc bag with half a cup of ammonia over night it cleans them. So, I did that. Didn’t clean them all the way, so I”m having to do it again, but it did a pretty good job, actually.

• Like 5

Happy nirthday!

I am parenting today. I parented Wednesday, let them run feral yesterday and tomorrow we're going to the reptile expo. I'm exhausted.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, lots of little ducklings said:

Quack! 

iHere. My laptop died last month but the ducks are all alive and well. How is everybody?  

We move in T minus 40 days. :ohmy:

I have the stomach flu and threw my back out throwing up. I'm almost over it now. I did not lose any weight. :dry:

I'm creating our own world geography curriculum for next year. Mapping, map making, ecosystems and animals, cool travel info, missionaries, inventors and artists. :biggrin:

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

12 minutes ago, Slache said:

I have the stomach flu and threw my back out throwing up. I'm almost over it now. I did not lose any weight. :dry:

I'm creating our own world geography curriculum for next year. Mapping, map making, ecosystems and animals, cool travel info, missionaries, inventors and artists. :biggrin:

You're doing it wrong.

(((Slache)))

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Slache said:

What's the right way?

When your true love who has been nearly demented with worry over your desperate illness sees you again, thinner and more delicate and ethereal than ever before, he is seized with unconquerable passion and begs you to accept his unworthy heart forevah.

Or in my house you gain backall the weight and then some because you can’t handle eating low carb and exercising while recovering from the flu and your true love complains that you ate all his Christmas popcorn.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Why do people even have themes weddings? It just seems weird. Years and years ago DH (this was before he was my DH) and I went to a themed wedding. It was like .... i’m Not sure what the theme was exactly, like Broadway or the movies or Hollywood or something like that. Anyhow, it was weird and I was uncomfortable. Maybe i’m Just an old fuddy-duddy.

My guess is it comes from the “our wedding is a celebration of us and our love” philosophy of weddings. Which I don’t agree with. 

I do like themed parties, generally speaking, though.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Spudater said:

When your true love who has been nearly demented with worry over your desperate illness sees you again, thinner and more delicate and ethereal than ever before, he is seized with unconquerable passion and begs you to accept his unworthy heart forevah.

Or in my house you gain backall the weight and then some because you can’t handle eating low carb and exercising while recovering from the flu and your true love complains that you ate all his Christmas popcorn.

Mine did all the housework and took care of the kids, but I look like a 2 week old manatee corpse. Is that close?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Happy Friday evening!  I am doing my kids night out tonight.  Two girls plus dd, both are/were in my classes so I know them pretty well.  They are currently playing hide-and-seek in the dark, since there's really not anyplace to hide here.  The dark helps.  I never understand why the kids insist on playing hide-and-seek.   We're talking tweens here.  They always want to play H&S.  

• Like 7

On 1/10/2019 at 4:40 PM, Spudater said:

Hopefully that didn’t come off as braggy but I can’t take any credit for her math ability.  Dh’s genes and dh’s teaching.

Dude.

1) It was very temperate.

2) Your girl is awesome. Why would you not brag? We're ITT aunties, for pete's sake- the perfect audience.

12 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Good morning!  It's Friday!

My baby is 10 years old today! 🎉

Coffee!

Oh, my! Your baby is a double-digit midget! 😲

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Slache said:

How's little miss?

We got out and about a little today. She walked around a store for a bit and waited in the car while I ran a few more errands. Overall, she was upright or moving for over 2 hours and felt fine. She is completely off narcotic pain control, but will remain on the gabapentin for a while. She is not a big fan of doing schoolwork that she doesn't like, though, so coming back after a month off is going to be...interesting.

We're going to try to go to Spokane tomorrow, because she wants to visit the little girl from Mexico who has been at Shriner's since September. That should be a pretty good test of her endurance.

Edited by JoJosMom
  • Like 10

34 minutes ago, Slache said:

Mine did all the housework and took care of the kids, but I look like a 2 week old manatee corpse. Is that close?

Well, your dh could recite some Brontë over your manatee corpse just to be sure...but I think you’re good.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Slache said:

40 days to move! Excited?

Stomach flu sucks. World Geo is cool though  😎 

• Like 1