Menu

Ignore this thread!

Is there a tutorial on how to do this thread?  I have jumped in in the past and, despite you all making me feel safe here, I have not hung around.  While I try to figure it out (I'm an overthinker), I hope that reading along and rooting everyone on is enough.  And, liking to look at photos of Issac (cutie!). 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!~D

Saturday!!!

we all slept in this morning!!! Felt soooooo good. It has rained a tad bit. At least enough to get things wet, which is a welcome change. Maybe it will clear the air. 

Housework today. I need to go to the Afsa, which I am not looking forward to, but the grocery store I’ve been going to does not carry McDonald’s COFFEE!!~D and I am out. And DD needs a black shirt to go under her flannel for Sadie Hawkins and I have been spending so much $$ on clothes for the girls lately, I said, “Fine, I will get you a black shirt, but it has to come from the Afsa.”

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Familia said:

Is there a tutorial on how to do this thread?  I have jumped in in the past and, despite you all making me feel safe here, I have not hung around.  While I try to figure it out (I'm an overthinker), I hope that reading along and rooting everyone on is enough.  And, liking to look at photos of Issac (cutie!). 

Don’t over think it!! Just join in the conversation. We’re just a bunch of online girlfriends chit-chatting about life stuff. Nothing serious, think a bunch of neighbor ladies in the 1970’s having coffee break. There are a few inside jokes and phrases you will pick up on. The Afsa is The Walmart. The Island is not real, but it’s our happy place and we make up staff members as we go. I made up Rocco, the handsome cabana boy who wears khaki shorts and a white polo and makes sure everything is running smoothly.  “Nirthday” and “felpful” and typos that stuck.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

Afsa= a fortress of stress and anxiety? Something like that.

Yes, because going to Walmart sucks.  

I decided to put setting up school for the kids FIRST on my to-do list for the weekend instead of LAST.   So that's done.   I'm on a break for lunch, then I'll work on planning classes.  I actually only need to do 2 weeks because then we are off for Thanksgiving week.  

I'm also doing laundry.  It's amazing how much less there is now that the kids do their own, especially ds.  He's just about the only one in the house who changes clothes multiple times a day, every day, even if he hasn't left the house or even his room.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, myblessings4 said:

Hey, everyone!  I've been up for hours, spent a lot of time alone with coffee, and watched a Christmas movie.

Now I'm dressed and have laundry going, have started cleaning, and am having a a veggie/fruit smoothie.   I need to keep moving!

Yesterday our favorite radio station “Soft Rock 98.9”🎶🎵 flipped the switch on Christmas music (we even watched it on tv) and now it’s Christmas music 24/7 until Christmas. TBH, I end up getting a little sick of it By about December 20, but oh well. It’s fun.

We need to go to the Afsa and fill our Samaritan’s Purse boxes and I need to get COFFEE!!!~D and I guess the rest of the groceries and start thinking about Thanksgiving.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Familia said:

And if you need a place to just type out random stuff or poetry that's also OK.

Also, there are rules, the most important of which is:

whitehawk, on 22 May 2016 - 10:38 AM, said:

ITT rule Section WTM-4.6J, No ITTer shall die for any reason.

Also:

Hug fests are the best!

When you need one come see us

Someone will oblige

Angi 12/2017

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Thanks 1

Dh's record player shelf came this morning.  I was being a little fussy about it's positioning, but I think dh has got it set up OK now.   I took the Two Youngest to the library, the dollar store, and The Lobby of Hobby and now I have about an hour before puppy training class.   

The girls complain about the Christmas Overload in stores, but I explained to them that some people really want to plan ahead and get Stuff ready before Thanksgiving so there is not quite the scramble during the holidays.  I am getting stuff ready for Advent which starts the Sunday after Thanksgiving.

1 minute ago, Susan in TN said:

I find the Orange Tower of Doom very intimidating.

Just pull up the barcode on your smartphone and scan it. The orange tower of doom spits out your stuff like a vending machine on steroids. The hardest part was walking that far from the car with pregnancy related nerve pains. I went into labor the next day.

• Like 1

Pickup has worked great for me, but I always end up going into to store anyway.  They said they were out of salami.  How can you be out of salami?!?  My order was picked at night d/t 8am pickup, so maybe they have no way to get a deli item...that.is.just.weird!

Making salami roll ups for the first time ever.  Just for us.  I've been served them at showers for many many decades.  After all these years, and all I have learned to cook, I am devolving into salami rollup territory ha!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Why oh why do I take my girls with me to the Afsa?? Well I sort of know why today, because I wanted them to be involved in the Samaritan’s Purse Christmas Boxes. But then we went down the Christmas aisle and that ended up being too much fun and Baby just has a way of getting me to buy her things. I swear, I am a push-over as a Mom.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Ugh. Dd14 says she feels like she is coming down with pneumonia.  She's not had it for 3 whole years!  Our favorite walk-in clinic has a radiology department, so we always go there so she can be xrayed.  Maybe it's The Plague.  She's been taking various OTC medicines and Clear Lungs to ward it off.

• Sad 3

21 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

Ds was going to make those tonight, but we didn't realize the cake needed to be chilled for three hours, and we waited too late.  He's cooking tomorrow.  Did y'all put the veggies in the enchiladas?

Yes, and they were awesome. Seriously. I really had my doubts, but the sauce was really really good. 

5EDD42F0-D2FB-444A-8EC9-255C4C47534C.jpeg

• Like 2

Good Morning!

Happy Sunday!

Zoom Iglesia and Facebook Church.

Even if things were back to normal, I don't think I'd be going to in-person church services today.  My foot is really feeling the weather coming in (or something).  I'm kinda gimpy today.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

You know how some people complain about dogs being let out to bark early in the morning?  That’s how I feel about our neighbor’s two whiny girls.  Every morning.  Make them stop.

ETA: I don’t mind the sound of them playing or talking, but one in particular throws temper tantrums for every little thing and they both whine a lot.  It gets old after awhile. DH says he hears the mom tell her to stop.  I don’t.  I just hear the girl.

Edited by ikslo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Morning.  Heading over to the science center for dh to clean out tanks and to move some stuff around since we rearranged for more distancing in class.   Then it's work on classes for the coming week.  I have outlines but new session means more need refining again.    

I will banish the goat at some point.  It seriously needs to be banished. 

Didn't meet dd to work out today.  I slept really really badly (I think due to cookies to close to bedtime), woke up with a headache so I cancelled and went back to sleep. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Good morning!

I dropped dh and dd17 off at church on the way to the walk-in clinic with dd14.  Dr. heard crackling but couldn't see anything on the xray.  She will send that to the Big Hospital for a double check and prescribed a zpack because of the crackling sound.   She said we can start on it now or wait a day or two to see how things develop.  Also had a covid test just in case.

Coffee!

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I never go in the store because I never shop there.  😉  

I never did in Oregon. In 10 years I probably went 4 times. They're different here. And they're aren't many alternatives. I didn't like it until Angi told me to do the pickup. Now... Well "now" we pick up on the way home from church and never go in. It saves maybe 2 hours a week.

• Like 4

Juliet’s second agility class:  we took it easy compared to others who were pushing their dogs way too fast. The instructor was frustrated with them- especially the couple who insisted that their dog go on the highest balance beam (dog walk) and let the poor dog fall four feet to the ground. Juliet practiced the lower dog walk and did quite well. She also practiced the A-frame, jumps and table which she learned last time.

New obstacles were the tunnel and weave poles. She was scared by the tunnel , which surprised me since she does the little tunnel at the park. My neighbor helped us with that one. She held Juliet’s leash while I went to the other end. After a couple of times she started to get comfortable with it. I was surprised on the other end with the weave poles which was surprisingly easy to teach her- as long as I had a treat, that is. 

• Thanks 2

Morning.   Happy Monday.    It's going to be my usual - three classes, one with 2 students, one done remotely, and one "normal".   Mostly teenagers.  Monday's are my easy days and I am SOOOOO glad.   Easy students anyway, not necessarily easy classes (Algebra 2, Computer Science, and Environmental Science).   

I slept like crap again.  I think I need to lay off the cookies.  Something in these particular ones are affecting me adversely (chocolate covered mint oreos).  Last night I only had 2 and it still happened.    

Not working out again with dd until Wednesday.   We decided on Wednesday, Friday and Sunday so I can work with other dd in the mornings on Tuesday and Thursday.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Servant4Christ said:

No more blue hand! Woohoo! Good morning!

Yay, you did it!

It's a Trophy for Servie Booyah!

This is the thread that never ends,

It just goes on and on my friends.

People started posting not knowing what it was,

And they will keep on posting here forever just because...

This is the thread that never ends

You'd best come join it with your friends

'Cuz it will replace Facebook as the latest web-based craze

And everyone will post here instead for the rest of their days

This is the thread that's always there

They'll cheer you up so don't despair

The group is growing well as more people start checking in

And we'll keep sucking them in because our cheer is addictive

It's better than a Mercedes Benz

It helps with coffee withdrawal and other troubles, too

Eighteen hundred pages of friends all cheering for you

This thread keeps going on and on

with record-setting length and fun

It started forty-eight months ago from curiosity

and all the fun and frolic has shown this is the place to be

This is the thread that never ends...

And the place where one finds special friends,

the kind that have hearts that are strong and true

Yes, ITT ladies, I am talking to you! 

Yeah, it's superior to other trends

Friends start out scratching their head in confusion, perhaps

But then the laughter strikes and they gratefully tip their caps.

I had no idea when I entered in

That what seems a little nuts might actually save me

From going insane on days that are crazy 🤗

This is the thread that never ends...

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3

Good morning!  It's The Queen's favorite day!

No test results yet.  It is probably slower on the weekends.  I slept in this morning and didn't exercise.  I suppose I could do it later.

Regular lessons today.  Mandolin lesson this afternoon.  Maybe Scouts for one of the girls, depending on test results.  Maybe slow jam tonight for me, depending on test results.

Coffee!

• Like 5