Menu

Ignore this thread!

I can't believe I missed the booya by one post.  I haven't ever gotten a booyah.  

I folded the piles of laundry in the living room, and the last load (except sheets and anything in the kids rooms) is in the washer.  That's progress right?   More than likely the living room will get vacuumed this weekend since we're probably going to put the tree up.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Where's Toto? said:

I can't believe I missed the booya by one post.  I haven't ever gotten a booyah.  

I feel your pain. I’d post pad and post pad and then someone (usually Slashie) slides in and gets the Booya/h. But don’t worry, honey (pat, pat) your Booya/h will come when the time is right.

• Like 5

Sage dressing & cheesy broccoli & rice for tomorrow and the cilantro lime sauce for fish tacos tonight are all ready.  Just need to put the sweet potatoes together and make two pumpkin pies.  Dh said he wanted to bake sausage squares for breakfast tomorrow and I just blinked at him for a few seconds and said he would have to use the neighbor's kitchen.  He decided to go with donuts.  :biggrin:

The kids have been very helpful today, or at least felpful.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Both on your iPad?  At the same time?  How do you do it?

Well, instead of pausing Netflix, I just push the button on the side of the iPad and then it shows up in a little screen off to the side, so right now i’m Answering your question and watching Chandler and Monica argue about how much $$ to spend on their wedding. And then, when I just want to watch I touch that little screen and it makes it big again.  This modern technology is great!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I FORGOT TO TELL YOU!

I am so proud of myself. I've never done this before. On Sunday the other woman I don't enjoy spending time with was going on a rant about this family that had 13 kids and "had the gall" to get pregnant again. She went on and on about how they had no business having another kid and I (again, I've never done this) said "I don't think that's any of your business." I was so proud! Go me!

Eta: This was in the context of why we shouldn't have more kids because Alex is feral.

Edited by Slache
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

57 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

We are having turkey as part of a normal sized dinner tomorrow night. Perhaps it is because I am diabetic, but I don’t understand the allure of eating more food than is healthy. I’d rather cook nice food that we like in reasonable quantities. And not feel sick afterwards. 

I am so with you! There are times I have not made the healthiest decision when it comes to junk food but eating too much turkey is the most boring thing I've ever heard of!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Random Korean Lady is starting to annoy me a bit. Last week she didn’t bring enough money. And she keeps pressuring me for multiple sessions a week because they are going to Korea at the end of January and she didn’t do anything about looking for a tutor months ago. And I refuse to ocerbook myself when I wasn’t looking for a job to begin with. And now she wants to move Friday evening’s class to Friday morning. 

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Random Korean Lady is starting to annoy me a bit. Last week she didn’t bring enough money. And she keeps pressuring me for multiple sessions a week because they are going to Korea at the end of January and she didn’t do anything about looking for a tutor months ago. And I refuse to ocerbook myself when I wasn’t looking for a job to begin with. And now she wants to move Friday evening’s class to Friday morning. 

:angry:  Does Random Korean Lady need a good old fashioned ENB e'splainin?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Paradox5 said:

Just added up how much a degree at SCAD will cost (if tuition doesn't go up which it seems to every year!). Y'all ready for heart failure? Over $200,000!!! And that is without books and supplies, etc.. He isn't going to get to go even if he gets in. No way we can do that. He is so sad.

Maybe Full Sail isn't such a bad idea after all.

AND HAPPY THANKSGIVING! I am grateful for all of you.

Has he considered waiting tables?

59 minutes ago, Paradox5 said:

He is an extreme introvert and has unpredictable reactions to foods. Waiting tables would require dealing with unfamiliar people and foods. But a job? Yeah, he needs one. 

Even if we were debt free, it is still out of reach. We do not do student loans and will not qualify for grants and need based aid.

It is so frustrating because it reminds me of a similar situation when he was younger. Houston has one gifted school (that I know of). Same thing, though, perfect fit for him. No way we could afford it. Older son needed a school for special need kids. Couldn't afford it. The list could go on. Only rich people can do this stuff. 

I was completely kidding. I meant like instead of going to college. It's really best just to ignore me.

• Confused 1

I need things to stop waking me up every hour.  This time it was a "waking dream" that a mouse was on my nightstand.  That's a new one - usually it's a giant spider or a snake. M-I-C, K-E-Y, M-O-U-S-E.  When does Queen Ellie get to see The Mouse?  Is it this week?

iTired.  Let's try more sleeping.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

I need things to stop waking me up every hour.  This time it was a "waking dream" that a mouse was on my nightstand.  That's a new one - usually it's a giant spider or a snake. M-I-C, K-E-Y, M-O-U-S-E.  When does Queen Ellie get to see The Mouse?  Is it this week?

I dreamt I accidentally ordered an entire Thanksgiving dinner from Kroger and didn't know how to pay for it.

3 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

We don't like ignoring you.  'Cause you're The Slache!

*DeSlacheable

Slache is short for DeSlacheable. 

The more you know...

• Like 1

Actually every website I have a membership on is website.com/deslacheable. So like Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, Reddit. DeSlacheable was my username here but people kept having to type the whole thing out so I quickly changed it to Slache because it's easier and that's what people actually call me. Most people who know me in real life think it's my birth name.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

When I've had that kind of dream it's because there was an "m" in the room for real.  😲

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4:00 Alarm goes off. "Please turn the rest of your alarms off." "They're off." "Check." "No, they're off."

4:15 Alarm goes off. "Please turn the rest of your alarms off." "They're off." "Check." "No, they're off."

4:30 Alarm goes off. "Please turn the rest of your alarms off." "They're off." "Check." "No, they're off."

4:45 Alarm goes off. "Please turn the rest of your alarms off." "They're off." "Check." "No, they're off."

5:00 Alarm goes off. "Please turn the rest of your alarms off." "They're off." "Check." "No, they're off."

5:15 Alarm goes off. "Eff you, go make breakfast!"

Every. damn. time. he has a day off. Every time. It's too much work to turn them off and he just doesn't care how it affects me. Well, from now on it's going to affect him.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!L~D

Happy Thanksgiving!!!! I am so thankful for you, my dear ITT friends. Y’all are the best.

It rained last night. The air should be better.

I still feel like garbage. Drowning in phlegm.

It doesn’t feel like Thanksgivng. Nobody is coming over today for the first time in 8 years.😩. I guess I will roast the turkey and all that and have Thanksgiving for us here at home. Watch some sportsball!! Drown my sorrows in pots of COFFEE!!,!~D with peppermint mocha creamer.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

My phone cord is considerably chewed through in the worn down place.  The wires are now exposed.  Maybe it wasn't a dream?  

🐭

Like in that Little House book where Pa dreamed a barber was cutting his hair and Ma felt his head and it was shorn down by a mouse using his hair to make a nest.😂

Edited by KrissiK
  • Haha 3