Menu

Ignore this thread!

Krissi, are you still learning guitar? Have you seen this free app called "Chordify"? You can search for songs you want to learn and people have put in the chords from youtube videos and it will show you the chords to play along with it. You can also transpose it to a key you like better and stuff. Pretty neat. I'm using it for ukulele stuff.

I will have to look that up. I javen’t Picked up the guitar in a month. Hopefully after vacation I will get back into a routine and do it.
  • Like 1

Wrt Aïcha, I first heard that song when my mom was contemplating studying music theory at the university and we went to a sample lecture, and the lecturer discussed that song and Raï music in general. Then a few years after that someone translated the song to English and it was a hit for a bit. 

Users of English (US) keyboards under Microsoft Windows can obtain the inverted question mark "¿" using the Alt code method by holding down the Alt key and pressing 0191, 6824, or 168 on the number pad and the inverted exclamation mark "¡" with number pad code 0161 or 173.

Good Saturday Morning!

(((Spudz)))  Hope you're feeling better!  See - you're not past your prime, you're sick!   :grouphug:

“You’ll get nothing and like it!!â€

What movie am I snuggled up in bed watching?

I'm guessing it's not Oliver Twist?  

After ds's role in Pride and Prejudice, and watching the BBC version for the first time, I had to re-read the book.  So, now I'm on a Jane Austen kick.  I re-read Persuasion.  And now I'm re-reading Sense and Sensibility.  

• Like 4

Good morning!

How are the Sick Ones doing today?

I have been working on my post-Christmas/Epiphany letter this morning which may or may not get done this year. I still have to start the woodburning ornaments. Sigh.

But for today I need to go grocery shopping because we are out of cheese and eggs and I fear a riot. Also need to reserve library books for history/literature. I really need to be more disciplined (like Critter) and schedule in time for music projects that I want to work on rather than diving in and ignoring the Other Things Which Should Be Done.

#thestruggleisreal

Coffee!

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 2

Carrie Bebris is my fav of fanfic. Mary Robinette Kowal, Fiona Hill, and Georgette Heyer for the same period. Fiona Hill’s best ones are The Country Gentleman, Autumn Rose, and The Stanbroke Girls. Heyer’s best are Cotillion, The Grand Sophy, and The Unknown Ajax. There’s also a version of Sanditon (JA’s last novel that was unfinished) that was finished anonymously (by A Lady) and the person who did it did it very, very well.

Bebris and Kowal do have fantasy elements, though, so if you don’t like fantasy that’ll probably put you off.

Thanks!!

I really need to get some things and stuff done today. I've been putting off all the things and stuff because I'm overwhelmed by just how much stuff and things need to get done. But the more I put it off the more it piles up. So I need to start clearing some things and stuff off my to do list.

I need to:

Fold laundry

Wash, Dry, fold another load

Clean out fridge

Wash dishes

Meal plan and grocery list

Grocery shop (don't forget cat food!)

Budget and pay bills

Check the mail

Deep clean everything

Steam the carpets in the boys rooms

Buy storage bins

Start putting away Christmas

Plan next month

Join the Y (after the first)

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

• Like 5

The good news is I’m not sick. The bad news is I’m getting a little worried that I keep getting feverish and exhausted every couple weeks for no reason. It sounds kind of like lupus, although I don’t have most of the other symptoms. My aunt has lupus (different from the aunt with fibromyalgia, yay auto-immune disorders). My mental image of her is always looking tired and in pain. :(. Maybe I should start keeping track of symptoms again. And find a doctor who doesn’t think homeschooling and having four kids is the obvious explanation for feeling like crap. 🙄

:grouphug:  :grouphug:   I hope you get it figured out soon.

Spud love booya(h)!

Edited by AMJ
  • Like 2

I really need to get some things and stuff done today. I've been putting off all the things and stuff because I'm overwhelmed by just how much stuff and things need to get done. But the more I put it off the more it piles up. So I need to start clearing some things and stuff off my to do list.

I need to:

Fold laundry

Wash, Dry, fold another load

Clean out fridge

Wash dishes

Meal plan and grocery list

Grocery shop (don't forget cat food!)

Budget and pay bills

Check the mail

Deep clean everything

Steam the carpets in the boys rooms

Buy storage bins

Start putting away Christmas

Plan next month

Join the Y (after the first)

Go do one, then report back here.  Then go do another, and report back here.  Have a cup of tea or hot beverage of your choice when reporting back.

• Like 1

Was this Bookie?

When you say no and someone says they don't accept that, you tell them they don't have the option. No means no. No is a complete sentence. They don't have the right to disrespect your no. If they do, they are excusing themselves from participation in your family. It's a matter of safety for your kids. They need to know how to do it, so you have to learn.

• Like 1

Why would young children need to know their social security numbers? My kids haven't needed them until high school and/ or college.

I'm not in a hurry, but since we're finished with phone numbers I wanted to add to the "personal" list. I'm going to do their SS#s now for me, but I'm just thinking. Someone asked me what Alex's birthday was last night and I said "Some time in June" so I'm really just working on myself right now, but they will be doing each other's birthdays.

• Like 2

Good morning.  Dh is sick but he's off spreading his germs at the conference where he is teaching.  He will probably do the same at church tomorrow.  I am lazy and decadent being sick at home.  (I do understand that he can't just say that he's not coming.) 

:grouphug:  :grouphug:

With luck he can keep a bit of physical distance between him and his students and conference participants.  Sometimes we have no choice but to show up, since bugs and viruses do not bother to schedule ahead of time.

• Like 1

I added birthdays to memory work and will add SS#s. Is there anything else I should add? We've already done phone numbers.

Are you talking for the kids?  Their physical address would be a good one, and Mom & Dad's actual names.  Actual names for friends or relatives they might actually need would be good, too.  I once got lost when we were visiting my grandfather in SD.  Some nice people tried to help find him on the phone, and found two listings with his last name.  They asked me what his first name was: "Grandpa!"   :svengo:   They called the number of the listing closest to them and got my uncle, which had I thought about it I could have told them HIS name.

If you are teaching the kids their SSNs please teach them to NOT tell those numbers to just anyone who asks.  Too much risk of identity theft.  NM -- I saw your reply to Jean.

Edited by AMJ

Are you talking for the kids? Their physical address would be a good one, and Mom & Dad's actual names. Actual names for friends or relatives they might actually need would be good, too. I once got lost when we were visiting my grandfather in SD. Some nice people tried to help find him on the phone, and found two listings with his last name. They asked me what his first name was: "Grandpa!" :svengo: They called the number of the listing closest to them and got my uncle, which had I thought about it I could have told them HIS name.

If you are teaching the kids their SSNs please teach them to NOT tell those numbers to just anyone who asks. Too much risk of identity theft. NM -- I saw your reply to Jean.

Good call on the names. I have a list I pull from so SS#s will go on the list but we'll do it later. I just don't want to forget and have them completely unprepared for life so they wind up crying in the fetal position at a laundry mat trying to fill out a job application.

• Like 3

Go Lana, Go! 🎉

I only know my own SS number and dh's. For my kids' numbers I have to look through old tax returns.

I am back from Aldi and Kroger. Most of the groceries are put away. Kroger brand now has "made-with-sugar" root beer! I made 2 impulse buys - a wrapping paper holder and an ornament box. I still need to deal with The Pantry (i.e. put things away, shuffle things around), but the ukulele is looking at me. Think I can do the pantry in 10 minutes?

• Like 5

I didn't have my social memorized until I joined the Army. Then I learned it Really Quickly.

As a military brat, I had mine and my dad's ssn memorized somewhere around ages 10-12 (I don't remember). I do remember I had my dad's memorized before my own.