Menu

Ignore this thread!

I’m not a fan of inflatable decor. My neighbor has half a dozen of them and apparently they are supposed to be deflated during the day so his yard looks like a Christmas crime scene everytime I go out.

ETA somewhat grinchy booyah!

We have this problem too.  HUGE inflatables that run on fans, but during the day they are all deflated and sad looking.

At least none of my neighbors put on huge displays coordinated to broadcasted music.  In our old neighborhood, people put on elaborate displays, and you could drive around and tune to their FM station to hear the coordinating music.  It made for horrible traffic.

• Like 1

• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

Did he get the information late or is Pastor a bit of a procrastinator?

Procrastinator. The email had a list of things he needed so he didn't bother opening it for 3 months. Now he's panicked and wants me to fix it. He wanted me to cancel but I said no because he's already here. He's preaching somewhere else first so he has a place to stay and was picked up but if I cancel now it doesn't change the fact that he has nowhere to stay on Sunday night.

• Like 1

Procrastinator. The email had a list of things he needed so he didn't bother opening it for 3 months. Now he's panicked and wants me to fix it. He wanted me to cancel but I said no because he's already here. He's preaching somewhere else first so he has a place to stay and was picked up but if I cancel now it doesn't change the fact that he has nowhere to stay on Sunday night.

Pastor should put him up.

• Like 3

I got invited to a movie tonight.

Me too. I declined, stayed home, violined (yay for the 21st century, where you can just google for a minute and find music to print out... I just did Pachelbel's Canon and Bach's Concerto in D minor (1st movement only)), Russianed, and watched tv while eating dinner. I'm surprised DW and the kids aren't back yet. 

Do you belong to amazon pantry? The pantry prices are WAY cheaper than regular amazon.  I paid $20 for all three a while ago....

It doesn't show up when I search the pantry. It's the TN221 (regular) or the TN225 (high capacity), in C, Y, and M. It does show an option for "subscribe and save"... but shows the exact same price, which isn't exactly "saving" in my book:

https://www.amazon.com/Brother-Genuine-TN221M-Magenta-Cartridge/dp/B00BR3WXS6/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

• Like 3

Pastor should put him up.

He has someone staying with him that can't handle another guest. There's a hotel up the road for $75 but he's being a brat. His wife is more level headed and I'm sure a foot will be put down by morning. But oi! What if he got to the airport and was expecting us to be there!?

• Like 2

Also, the cartridges that came with the printer were supposed to last 1,000 pages, and they (well, the color ones) lasted 4 years I think (not 100% sure when we got the printer). The regular cartridges are supposed to last 1,400 pages, and the high capacity ones 2,100 pages. There's really no point in subscribing to that. 

• Like 1

Note to self: should maybe join the Y tomorrow (from today through the 27th they're waiving the join fee - they'll waive it again Jan 1st, I'm sure, but the kids should practice their swimming. Though there is a public pool too... but they don't have treadmills and parents' night out and all that). 

ETA: and the public pool isn't free either.

Edited by luuknam
  • Like 2

I’m not a fan of inflatable decor. My neighbor has half a dozen of them and apparently they are supposed to be deflated during the day so his yard looks like a Christmas crime scene everytime I go out.

ETA somewhat grinchy booyah!

I prefer old-fashioned multi-colored non-LED lights on a string on the eaves of the house. That’s all.
  • Like 2

Slache--it's taken about a decade to get my parents to come on board. Fundamentally, I think she finally now understands that we want experiences over things. We both agreed to save what we would've spent on presents for each other towards a plane ticket for her to visit this coming summer. We want to see her...not have stuff.

• Like 4

Slache--it's taken about a decade to get my parents to come on board. Fundamentally, I think she finally now understands that we want experiences over things. We both agreed to save what we would've spent on presents for each other towards a plane ticket for her to visit this coming summer. We want to see her...not have stuff.

So, what you're saying is that I need to stay in Oregon! Gotcha.
  • Like 1

Good Saturday morning!

COFFEE!!

(((Susan)))

I was up past 2am last night because of coughing.  Not because I was coughing so much - just every time I tried to lay down, lol.  (Vicks Vapor Rub seems to work every other night.   :glare: ).  But I slept in a little bit.  Friends are coming over tonight, so I'm working on the house again after I coffee.  

• Like 3

Good morning! Good Coffee!

The boys (including DH) are still in bed. The dogs woke me up. On one hand, I'm glad they wake me up when they need to go out. On the other, I would like to sleep in once in a while too. But it's okay. Because coffee.

Today I will go buy groceries to put in my refrigerator and then I won't buy groceries for at least a week. It will be glorious.

I thought Hubs was going fishing today, but he's still in bed so I don't know anymore.

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE☕ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸

This morning we have breakfast at my mom’s house. Then i’m going to the boutique at my uncle and aunt’s house. I wish I could take you all to the boutique. You would love it. My uncle is an artist and they live out on a farm in a log cabin he built. Their house is basically an art gallery of his paintings and his paintings are amazing - most farmscapes, but he’s been dabbling in seascapes, too. And then they have lots of other vendors there and my uncle takes people on tractor and trailer tours of the farm. It’s really a fun time out there - very artsy and farmsy.

• Like 4

I made the best turkey tetrazzini. I made a little more sauce, so it wasn’t as dry as in years past, and.... wait for it.... I put whipping cream in, since I had some left over from yesterday instead of half and half. Oh my word!! This stuff was divine.

Whipping cream is magic. I hope that it's not secretly unicorn blood or something.

I have a fridge. It's cold and everything. And there is a freezer attached. It everything I wanted in a refrigerator.

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

Yay!

I prefer old-fashioned multi-colored non-LED lights on a string on the eaves of the house. That’s all.

Twinsies! (Except here they stay on the eaves all year long, because one is never sure whether one can attach them come December (think snow drifts and/or ice.)

So, what you're saying is that I need to stay in Oregon! Gotcha.

shutup.gif

Good morning!

Have to find Pantz! Drive dd19 back to school! :(

Coffee!

big-hug-mom.gif

Good morning, all!

• Like 4

:ack2: :ack2: :ack2: :ack2: :ack2: :ack2:

Ds is cleaning out his car junk from the garage and he made a gross discovery. Apparently in the summer when we had cleaned out the chest freezer to degluten it, I had put some containers to the side before disposing of them. And then forgot to dispose of them. The ziploc freezer containers with moldy food went directly in the trash. But there was also one of my good pyrex freezer containers. I had to clean that out. And the smell! :ack2: :ack2: :ack2:

Eeeeewwwww.

• Like 1

I have a Robert in my family, and I don't think anyone has ever tried to call him Bob either. Of course, Bob isn't a Dutch nickname, and I'm sure he'd give me a reeeeeealy weird look if I tried. He goes by Rob. 

ETA: he doesn't give off a Bob vibe either. I think. I'm not 100% sure what a Bob vibe is, but if it is what I think it is, I don't think so. 

Edited by luuknam
  • Like 2

One of my deceased family members went by Jac (not 100% sure if that was short for Jacques or Jacob), pronounced "yuck". And I have family members Els (short for Elisabeth (sp?)) and Joke (that one is pronounced "yo-kuh" though). And I think that about sums it up with "names that sound or look funny to Americans".

• Like 1

I'm on break.  Kitchen is partially finished.  Maybe half.  This is why I long for a tiny kitchen, lol.  

My amazing dh changed out the light fixture in our school room (formerly dining room).  The former fixture was a crystal chandelier that was popular in my grandparents' era, with enough shorts that it didn't work much, and plenty of missing crystals and flakey white broken plastic from the fake candle part.  It now resides in the garage.   :hurray:   Now we have a semi-flush something or other.  We have caught up to the 80s!   :001_tt1:

• Like 5

I have an Uncle Bebo. And an Uncle Sam, but that's a different thing.

I'm sure that your interest is simply academic.  But forget it, sister.

We really need a less gift Christmas but it hurts her feelings. We have a lot of problems and unnecessarily hurt feelings don't need to be added. We've talked about it, she doesn't get it.

Ds17 and I just did two chemistry experiments in the kitchen.  Nobody got hurt.

https://goo.gl/images/SS2V28
  • Like 2