Menu

Ignore this thread!

I wish I had a Jeeves.

I don't need a Jeeves.  I need a personal secretary.  And a cook.  And a maid-of-all-work.  And a governess.  But especially the personal secretary - or two.  Oh, and a personal organizer.  And a trainer. 

ETA.  a dog groomer.  You can tell I am putting in some thought on this.  And an entire team of gardeners.  And a handyman to do all the things that dh said that he would do "some day" but hasn't.

Edited by Jean in Newcastle
  • Like 5

• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

ETA.  a dog groomer. 

We just had dinner and we talked about offering to come up and do this for you. Then I googled it and found out you're 3.5 hours a way, which means a 7 hour drive so we're not coming. Sorry.

Eta: I used to be a groomer. :)

Edited by Slache
  • Like 3

:lol:

You don't know the half of it even. After the doctor visit, I googled for the cheapest place to get the scripts (out of pocket for me) and it was Walmart. I hate Walmart but went. They said one hour. I left for over an hour. I bought ds and me some Wendy's lunch (at 2) because he was hangry and then went to Hobby Lobby for a thing for the AHG troop that the leader wanted me to buy only I couldn't really find the right one so took a chance with a different one and got in a bad line with a lady buying a lot of cheap looking decor. $230 of it! So then we went back to Walmart, and they said it was still not ready, over an hour later so sit down and it would be ready in 15 minutes. 40 minutes later, I kind of demanded my script because I needed to leave for cryotherapy and had to break it to poor ds15 (with an ear infection) that he had to come with me. And called dh to meet me there. So then we went to cryotherapy. Now I'm doing laundry. Earlier dh went out to use the chainsaw and I went looking for him in my NON SNAKE BOOTS because I was afraid he would cut off his arm and bleed to death in our woods. (We have four acres.) But he was not dead. He was in the garage.

Wow. My life is boring, y'all! Comparatively speaking.

• Like 4

Yay, Krissi's dad!

I am working on planning an ancient literature course for next year. I am knee deep in the Odyssey.

Ahhhh, Odysseus! He was quite the man! Brave, resourceful, witty, strong.... I think I developed a bit of a crush on him when I read that story! Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 2

How was cryotherapy?  Want to borrow my heater?  :D

It was a trip!  (I'm from the '80's, yo)

Dh went first.  You are in a chamber standing up with your head out.  They freeze you with nitrogen to -275 or so for 2-3 minutes.  You are wearing undies, socks, slippers, and gloves.  When dh was in there, I was in there in this small room, and they two ladies who worked there came in and brought ds15 so we were all talking to him.  The ladies said they did it so he would be distracted because it is a bit hard to take, though short.  Then I went.  They suggested I hug myself (hehehe).  So I did.  You can move around.

It took awhile to warm up after that!  I don't feel cured of anything just yet but stay tuned...

• Like 5

Almost forgot to relate this amusing and embarrassing bit of my day....For 2.5 years DS and I have lamented the poor heating in the downstairs powder room. Too cold to poop, we say. DH finally walked in there today and opened the heating vent in the ceiling. He said, "Is that better?"

I feel stupid.

Eta: stupid autowrong

Edited by ikslo
  • Like 10

It was a trip! (I'm from the '80's, yo)

Dh went first. You are in a chamber standing up with your head out. They freeze you with nitrogen to -275 or so for 2-3 minutes. You are wearing undies, socks, slippers, and gloves. When dh was in there, I was in there in this small room, and they two ladies who worked there came in and brought ds15 so we were all talking to him. The ladies said they did it so he would be distracted because it is a bit hard to take, though short. Then I went. They suggested I hug myself (hehehe). So I did. You can move around.

It took awhile to warm up after that! I don't feel cured of anything just yet but stay tuned...

Didn't a worker die in one of those? Used it when no one else was around and froze herself to death. In CA I think.

Didn't a worker die in one of those? Used it when no one else was around and froze herself to death. In CA I think.

Yes.  She was in there all night.  I don't know why someone would do such a thing.  Or would want to.

The good news is that with all of that audience, we could not die. :lol:

• Like 4

It was a trip! (I'm from the '80's, yo)

Dh went first. You are in a chamber standing up with your head out. They freeze you with nitrogen to -275 or so for 2-3 minutes. You are wearing undies, socks, slippers, and gloves. When dh was in there, I was in there in this small room, and they two ladies who worked there came in and brought ds15 so we were all talking to him. The ladies said they did it so he would be distracted because it is a bit hard to take, though short. Then I went. They suggested I hug myself (hehehe). So I did. You can move around.

It took awhile to warm up after that! I don't feel cured of anything just yet but stay tuned...

I wonder if this is based on the same "increased white blood cell count" theory as sitting in a sauna and then jumping into freezing water? Or hot hot shower water followed by cold cold water?

• Like 1

I wonder if this is based on the same "increased white blood cell count" theory as sitting in a sauna and then jumping into freezing water? Or hot hot shower water followed by cold cold water?

It's supposed to oxygenate your blood and such.  Beyond that, I don't know.  Dh says that professional sports teams use them for injuries and soreness.  The hairdresser talked me into it, and being an impulsive extrovert, I bought this fantastic deal of a Groupon for me and dh. :lol:

• Like 3

It was a trip!  (I'm from the '80's, yo)

Dh went first.  You are in a chamber standing up with your head out.  They freeze you with nitrogen to -275 or so for 2-3 minutes.  You are wearing undies, socks, slippers, and gloves.  When dh was in there, I was in there in this small room, and they two ladies who worked there came in and brought ds15 so we were all talking to him.  The ladies said they did it so he would be distracted because it is a bit hard to take, though short.  Then I went.  They suggested I hug myself (hehehe).  So I did.  You can move around.

It took awhile to warm up after that!  I don't feel cured of anything just yet but stay tuned...

The things you do for date night. . . .

• Like 5

It's supposed to oxygenate your blood and such.  Beyond that, I don't know.  Dh says that professional sports teams use them for injuries and soreness.  The hairdresser talked me into it, and being an impulsive extrovert, I bought this fantastic deal of a Groupon for me and dh. :lol:

I have heard of oxygenation thingies.  I googled it:  hyperbaric oxygen therapy.  

Cryotherapy sounds both cold and terrifying.

I've heard good things about hyperbaric, but the thing I remember most was when a chamber exploded some years ago that was being used for horses. Heard about it at a meeting.

Many people could benefit from a liberal application of duct tape.

Hugs for Buddy--even if German Shepherd dogs don't generally like me as much as cats do. I always feel like they really want to bark me up a tree.

I was at work, but didn't have much to do and so I finished SWB History of the Renaissance World in about two hours of sustained reading. Now what do I do?

I had a small can of peaches, a handful of pecans and some sharp cheddar cheese for dinner.

• Like 5

The things you do for date night. . . .

It wasn't too sexy with ds15 and two employees present, I'll say that much.

I have heard of oxygenation thingies.  I googled it:  hyperbaric oxygen therapy.  

I think it is quite possible that the cryotherapy is no more effective than icing an injury or soreness.  However, this was relatively inexpensive, and dh had been threatening to try a much more expensive option because he is a mess of old injuries (shoulders, hip, knees) and is always chasing a non-surgical cure.  So I pulled the trigger on this one when the hair dresser showed me a groupon.  Plus, she is very persuasive, the hairdresser.  I bought it last October and am just now getting around to scheduling us.  That's how busy we've been.

So now you know all of my secrets.

Edited by texasmama
  • Like 4