Menu

Ignore this thread!

She really is very ill. She's very nice but can't interact with people well. I don't think she knew she was being rude. But jeez she really dragged me down tonight. My hair, my skin, the bags under my eyes, my apparent need to stop eating carbs...

Think of all the etiquette rules she broke.

Sorry. Another thread creeping in...

Perhaps she does stuff like that because the people she's rude to don't know how to react properly, which is to stare at her open-mouthed until she figures out she has said something wrong. Alternatively, breaking into tears is acceptable.

Probably, your ITT buddies beating the snot out of her would not have been polite...

• Like 6

Tonight's random hula...

I must reiterate how pretty this song is. I added it to my Amazon Music playlist. I must also confess my initial doubt in seeing those blonde-headed chicks, but that would be like someone saying white men can't jump, kwim?

• Like 1

I must reiterate how pretty this song is. I added it to my Amazon Music playlist. I must also confess my initial doubt in seeing those blonde-headed chicks, but that would be like someone saying white men can't jump, kwim?

Yes, there was a comment to that effect. Kind of brassy for a couple of haole wahine to do that. :-) But they did a might fine job.

• Like 2

Good morning!!! The first day of November.

We have decided to miss Sunday school this morning, and only go to church, since we got back so late last night. Yeah, I know time went back an hour, but it is just so nice to relax a bit.

Renai, almost there!!!! What is it one more week?

Lynn, I can't wait for the twins to be self-showering sufficient. They will be 7 in December. I'm getting close, right?

• Like 3

Renai, almost there!!!! What is it one more week?

Yep. And I told the consultant on Friday that she picked the worst week to want to implement a whole bunch of changes all at once in my classroom. I couldn't even go over it this weekend because I'm still trying to catch up on stuff I missed for school the weekend I was in the hospital. I told her my priority right now was school, because I plan on finishing on Saturday. I don't want an Incomplete and extension. Then, I can completely turn my attention to the classroom.

• Like 5

Yep. And I told the consultant on Friday that she picked the worst week to want to implement a whole bunch of changes all at once in my classroom. I couldn't even go over it this weekend because I'm still trying to catch up on stuff I missed for school the weekend I was in the hospital. I told her my priority right now was school, because I plan on finishing on Saturday. I don't want an Incomplete and extension. Then, I can completely turn my attention to the classroom.

Way to go Renai! Keep your eye on the prize.;) I am so excited for you.

• Like 4

Can I just say "district consultant" is one of the reasons I am so not a fan of our Educational System (said in a big, booming, echoey voice.)  I wonder how many of those infest every school system across the nation, making more money than the classroom teachers and justifying their existence by meddling incessantly?  Grr.  I wonder if we could "effect change" ( :ack2: ) nationwide by ninja-elephant-ing just one?

• Like 4

Can I just say "district consultant" is one of the reasons I am so not a fan of our Educational System (said in a big, booming, echoey voice.)  I wonder how many of those infest every school system across the nation, making more money than the classroom teachers and justifying their existence by meddling incessantly?  Grr.  I wonder if we could "effect change" ( :ack2: ) nationwide by ninja-elephant-ing just one?

Yes. I really do like her though. But, I also did let her know that all the changes that she wants to do all at once isn't being respectful of either I or my class, and it was very frustrating. I'm not stupid, I know changes need to be made and don't mind help brainstorming that, but making a lot of changes at once just is not the way to go with this class. After I unloaded on her, we got down to business. :) After that, is when I told her that this was the wrong week to do it.

She is supposed to be coming in tomorrow to help out. I have half a mind to take the day off, because I really need to get this backlog of homework done. But I'm already taking off Friday for the cardiologist. Friday - no kids, no substitute. I'm still thinking to take off at least Thursday to work on stuff, but Monday would be ideal.

• Like 3

Yes. I really do like her though. But, I also did let her know that all the changes that she wants to do all at once isn't being respectful of either I or my class, and it was very frustrating. I'm not stupid, I know changes need to be made and don't mind help brainstorming that, but making a lot of changes at once just is not the way to go with this class. After I unloaded on her, we got down to business. :) After that, is when I told her that this was the wrong week to do it.

She is supposed to be coming in tomorrow to help out. I have half a mind to take the day off, because I really need to get this backlog of homework done. But I'm already taking off Friday for the cardiologist. Friday - no kids, no substitute. I'm still thinking to take off at least Thursday to work on stuff, but Monday would be ideal.

:grouphug:  I'm really glad that you're in the homestretch.  You've had an awful lot on your plate.

(Are you sure we can't do a ninja elephant on her?  I'm kind of a doer and would really like to feel like I'm contributing. :gnorsi: )

• Like 5

:grouphug:  I'm really glad that you're in the homestretch.  You've had an awful lot on your plate.

(Are you sure we can't do a ninja elephant on her?  I'm kind of a doer and would really like to feel like I'm contributing. :gnorsi: )

You can do some spiritual ninja-kicking. :D

• Like 2

Sorting candy isn't a halloween tradition at your house?  Actually the kids do the sorting.  Except by the looks of the kitchen table this morning, I think it was more of a feeding frenzy than an organized sorting. 

Sorting them how? We allow ourselves to pick from the jar throughout the year. Because of weight and teeth issues, the youngest is limited to sweets only on weekends. If dh would comply. Oldest had brought candy from her Friday night event, and I figured out (a little late) that youngest was snacking on it all day Saturday. Oy vey.  :svengo:

• Like 1

Sorting them how? We allow ourselves to pick from the jar throughout the year. Because of weight and teeth issues, the youngest is limited to sweets only on weekends. If dh would comply. Oldest had brought candy from her Friday night event, and I figured out (a little late) that youngest was snacking on it all day Saturday. Oy vey.  :svengo:

Sorting is a pre-math skill, right?  I guess it depends on how much you get and of what.  All peanut butter type stuff together (Reeses and butterfingers), All chocolate and carmel stuff together (snickers and milky ways, rolos), All small pieces stuff together (M&Ms, peanut M&Ms, skittles).  Or you could put skittles with other "fruit" flavored candy, like starburst.  Twizzlers go in a pile by themselves.  Suckers/lollipops go in a pile.  Tootsie Rolls go in a pile (to be given away, if it were my stash), Non conformist treats go in a pile (stickers, bag of chips, coupon, pencil).  Whatever.  Sky's the limit.   :D  

• Like 5

Why is it going to take 4 hours for the stress test? Jean? And will I be able to function after? Although I'm taking the day off, I'm going back at 3pm for a meeting for one of my students.

Exactly what kind of a stress test is it?  

Is it just running on a treadmill hooked up to an EKG?  (I've had this kind.  Not bad.  Just wear exercise clothes and tennis shoes).  

Is it just running on a treadmill hooked up to an EKG, followed by an echocardiogram?  (an ultrasound of the heart.).  I've had this one too.  Again, not bad.  Again, wear exercise clothes and tennis shoes.  Takes longer just because they are adding steps.

Is it a  nuclear stress test where they inject you with some radioactive (but harmless) dye and then look?  I haven't had this but I sort of assume it would be like the echocardiogram but with a different machine.  

I would have been able to go back for a 3 pm meeting with both of the stress tests that I had.  

• Like 1

Exactly what kind of a stress test is it?  

Is it just running on a treadmill hooked up to an EKG?  (I've had this kind.  Not bad.  Just wear exercise clothes and tennis shoes).  

Is it just running on a treadmill hooked up to an EKG, followed by an echocardiogram?  (an ultrasound of the heart.).  I've had this one too.  Again, not bad.  Again, wear exercise clothes and tennis shoes.  Takes longer just because they are adding steps.

Is it a  nuclear stress test where they inject you with some radioactive (but harmless) dye and then look?  I haven't had this but I sort of assume it would be like the echocardiogram but with a different machine.  

I would have been able to go back for a 3 pm meeting with both of the stress tests that I had.  

I have no idea. I just know she said it would take 4 hours. I have to call some other number the day before to confirm the appointment, so I can ask then. I also need to ask if I need to take my meds at the regular time. I'm supposed to eat a light breakfast, but not supposed to ingest anything an hour prior to the test. No caffeine, including chocolate or anything containing chocolate 24 hours prior to the test, and I'm to bring a snack.

Sorting is a pre-math skill, right?  I guess it depends on how much you get and of what.  All peanut butter type stuff together (Reeses and butterfingers), All chocolate and carmel stuff together (snickers and milky ways, rolos), All small pieces stuff together (M&Ms, peanut M&Ms, skittles).  Or you could put skittles with other "fruit" flavored candy, like starburst.  Twizzlers go in a pile by themselves.  Suckers/lollipops go in a pile.  Tootsie Rolls go in a pile (to be given away, if it were my stash), Non conformist treats go in a pile (stickers, bag of chips, coupon, pencil).  Whatever.  Sky's the limit.   :D  

Are you saying you sort candy for academics??  :svengo:  I'm thinking you had some grand scheme for the candy or something.

• Like 1