• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

Maybe if you took them outside and hosed them down it would solve both the bathing problem and the attitude problem? Kidding. Sort of... But I'm sorry you yell. I do too.

No, it would not. I have tried that (on a sunny day of course). They love novelty, which makes it extremely difficult to improve my discipline tactics, because they will do it for kicks, then stop.

Of course I try not to yell.

• Like 1

Tex, did I post twice in that thread? I got 3 notifications that my posts were deleted, but I thought I only posted once. I was only on the last page.

I think you posted twice, but I do not recall for certain.

I have spent a difficult day wrestling with my English class planning. 

Edited by texasmama
  • Like 4

I've been cut from the team.

Dh and kids got locked INTO the park while hiking.  (Who locks up at 3:45?? With no signs posted?? And without checking the parking lot??  I'm thinking it was Halloween problem prevention.)  All of which means that there isn't time for them to pick me up on the way to Family Fun Night.  

The good news:  I can keep wrestling furniture and books into and out of the crawlspace.  

The bad news: I get to keep wrestling furniture and books into and out of the crawlspace.  Plus dd6 is very sad that I'm not going.   :crying:

ETA:  They did, of course, get unlocked.... police finally came.  I left that little detail out.   :lol:

• Like 6

I have spent a difficult day wrestling with my English class planning.  I feel like this teaching gig is above my pay grade!  I have to figure out a way to take four different manuals and condense them into easily accessible material for a class of varied abilities in only one hour.  I have decided to spend the better part of an hour on thesis statements and helping the students understand the difference between summary and analysis.  This week builds over four weeks with the culmination of a literary analysis essay of four paragraphs over TKaM.  Some of my poor students will be lost as geese.  Even for the super sharp ones, this will be a challenge.  After working on it most of the day off and on, I am partially through planning one hour of class.

What is TKaM?

The good news:  I can keep wrestling furniture and books into and out of the crawlspace.  

The bad news: I get to keep wrestling furniture and books into and out of the crawlspace. 

The best news:  There's no else around to influence what you CHOOSE to do.

Got any chocolate in the house?

• Like 2

I have spent a difficult day wrestling with my English class planning.  I feel like this teaching gig is above my pay grade!  I have to figure out a way to take four different manuals and condense them into easily accessible material for a class of varied abilities in only one hour.  I have decided to spend the better part of an hour on thesis statements and helping the students understand the difference between summary and analysis.  This week builds over four weeks with the culmination of a literary analysis essay of four paragraphs over TKaM.  Some of my poor students will be lost as geese.  Even for the super sharp ones, this will be a challenge.  After working on it most of the day off and on, I am partially through planning one hour of class.

You need chocolate, wine, and a nap (and I have a song for that now.)

However, you are AWESOME.  YOU CAN DO THIS!

• Like 7

Let's play a game, shall we?  Whose Kid Can Go Longest Without A Bath.

Slache has already been kicked off the island, but I'm in!  

Camping doesn't count, does it? What about no central heating in a third world country? I would definitely win this one, though I always took care to clean the creases of my babies. 

• Like 1

Why, hello there! You've been missed. Congrats on knitting. I crochet. I tried knitting, once, and it didn't turn out so well. I also started my hand at Tunisian crochet. I'll be picking it back up once a graduate (one more week!).

Thanks! I crochet, too! But my friend got me hooked in knitting, so I thought I'd try my hand at it! And it's a good activity to do during all the soccer practices/games and volleyball practices/games I've been attending in recent weeks.
  • Like 3