• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

Oh no! What color?  I'm trying to reconcile this new bit of info with your avatar.  I don't handle change very well.   :blushing:

My natural hair color is dark brown with lots of gray in the front. I color it black. That's all. Nothing fancy. You'll be alright.

• Like 5

My natural hair color is dark brown with lots of gray in the front. I color it black. That's all. Nothing fancy. You'll be alright.

Phew.  I was hoping.  Except that I really don't picture you old enough to have a single gray hair at all.  You have a delightfully young presence.   :coolgleamA:

• Like 2

Phew.  I was hoping.  Except that I really don't picture you old enough to have a single gray hair at all.  You have a delightfully young presence.   :coolgleamA:

Yes, I realize I'm quite immature. And, please remember: even when I'm not working outside the home, many times I still identify myself as a preschool teacher. That says a lot...

• Like 3

Co-op starts tomorrow. The frustrated English teacher that has lived inside me for almost 30 years will be released. :D

My roots came out fabulous.

I love the anxiety book little dd is using. Love.

Happy Co-op!  You Texans start early.  We don't start until Sept. 14.  (Well, I think the ps's are starting the 8th, but our groups begin the week of the 15th.)

Happy roots!  You and Renai both.

Happy anxiety book!  Which one?

• Like 2

Time to do homework. Last night, I recorded Little as she retold the story "Lentil" by Robert McCloskey. She's heard it a few times, but it has been a bit over a month since the last time. Anyway, part of my homework is to analyze her retelling of the story and identify the strategies she used. I'm hoping I can put in her text-to-text connection when she substituted a quote from My Little Pony. It was quite brilliant, actually. :D

• Like 4

Happy Co-op!  You Texans start early.  We don't start until Sept. 14.  (Well, I think the ps's are starting the 8th, but our groups begin the week of the 15th.)

Happy roots!  You and Renai both.

Happy anxiety book!  Which one?

Most schools in our district start August 17th.

I'm happy with my roots, and the rest of my hair.

I was wondering about the book, too.

• Like 1

Yes, I realize I'm quite immature. And, please remember: even when I'm not working outside the home, many times I still identify myself as a preschool teacher. That says a lot...

:lol: Not immature....  You just exude a youthful zest for life that laughs in the face of such rudimentary and monotonous geriatric activity like, oh......say, sleep.  

And yes, you do not just TEACH preschool.  You ARE preschool.  Like every other pre-k teacher I know.   :laugh:   That's a good thing. 

• Like 5

Time to do homework. Last night, I recorded Little as she retold the story "Lentil" by Robert McCloskey. She's heard it a few times, but it has been a bit over a month since the last time. Anyway, part of my homework is to analyze her retelling of the story and identify the strategies she used. I'm hoping I can put in her text-to-text connection when she substituted a quote from My Little Pony. It was quite brilliant, actually. :D

What a cool assignment!

• Like 2

Wow. That's all I have to say.

Oh, wait, no it isn't. The girl didn't want to go because her feelings were hurt about the talent show thing.

Now, that's all.

Different girl!  Besides my dd, the plan was to take two different teen girls.  One was the talent show girl who  has actually reacted very well to the whole thing.  (Phew!)  And this other girl who has been grounded - even though she is 18 and is out of high school, but I digress.

• Like 4

Different girl!  Besides my dd, the plan was to take two different teen girls.  One was the talent show girl who  has actually reacted very well to the whole thing.  (Phew!)  And this other girl who has been grounded - even though she is 18 and is out of high school, but I digress.

That's...interesting. Unless she decided she just didn't want to do it any more and used her parents as an excuse. I've told dd to use me as an excuse sometimes, but not for stuff like that. I'm glad talent show girl took the news well.

• Like 1

That's...interesting. Unless she decided she just didn't want to do it any more and used her parents as an excuse. I've told dd to use me as an excuse sometimes, but not for stuff like that. I'm glad talent show girl took the news well.

No, not an excuse.  She was really excited about camp.  And then she was quite embarrassed about being grounded.  I was really upset at first because her bailing on this was really uncharacteristic of her.  Now the scenario makes sense.  

• Like 2

It's after midnight so time for bed.  

You'dve been proud of me, Renai.  I was up until 5am last night (morning?), working on school plans.  It's catching up with me now.  

I'd rather not work all night, but.... kids.  They are always there.  I can't think a single thought during the day without interruption.  I offered to pay my sister to take them for a week (Auntie Camp) but her schedule probably won't allow it.  And Dad Camp isn't an option because Dh likes to hoard his vacation days until they are about to expire and are therefore useless because there's no time to even plan anything and it's raining anyway.  <i love the guy but insert rant>  <okay rant over>  <for now>  

Night all!

• Like 4

Good morning! 

Y'all had a sweet little meet up last night while I was reading and going to bed.  Sorry I missed it. 

Jean, so glad the camp situation is working out in spite of last minute surprises.  And yay for the Rx fix!

Ducklings, Hope you enjoyed the sort of spur of the moment salon trip and a revisit to Starbucks.  (Go Packers!)

Renai, I was also interested in the new hair color and relieved that your avatar is still you, lol. 

Tex, have a great day at co-op today.  Yay for getting your roots done and yay for little dd and the new book! 

Susan, we really have shifted from summer to the school year, haven't we?  My oldest ds started school on Wednesday.  :grouphug:

• Like 5

So, I didn't post much yesterday. I was tired. I went to the school, put away stuff that had been ordered and came in, went to Walmart for more shopping, went back to the school and put most of it away, drove to a town an hour away to pick up our order from Lakeshore, drove an hour back, put that stuff away, drove to Younger's soccer team get together, ate. Listened to this woman speak Spanish really really fast, tuned her out because I was too tired - dd and dh laughed a lot though, glad they enjoyed her. Went home. Then, things are a bit blank. And I went to sleep. I didn't even type up my homework.

• Like 1

So, I didn't post much yesterday. I was tired. I went to the school, put away stuff that had been ordered and came in, went to Walmart for more shopping, went back to the school and put most of it away, drove to a town an hour away to pick up our order from Lakeshore, drove an hour back, put that stuff away, drove to Younger's soccer team get together, ate. Listened to this woman speak Spanish really really fast, tuned her out because I was too tired - dd and dh laughed a lot though, glad they enjoyed her. Went home. Then, things are a bit blank. And I went to sleep. I didn't even type up my homework.

November will be upon you soon....  Yay for your last class almost done!

• Like 2

Dh is going out tonight with a friend so I don't have to cook formally.

Rusty is at bunny camp.  The rabbit rescue lady who is taking care of him for the week said that we take good care of him.  Since she has no filter, that is high praise!  

I probably have more to do for camp but my brain has sort of shut down and amazingly I think that dd's has too.  

• Like 4

I am tired!

Co-op went okay, but I grossly overestimated the amount of stuff I could cram into one hour. :leaving:   I had to speed to the end at one point when I realized.  It is always hard to start, and I always have regrets for taking on what I take on and then think it will never work.  Fortunately, I know this happens every single time I start a class so not to worry. 

Edited by texasmama
  • Like 4

I got checked out while pumping gas.  He wasn't a bad looking older middle aged man.  I'll take that.  I think it is my luscious hair and the fact I was wearing a long skirt.  

I often get checked out (and talked to) by older guys. But, they are always bad looking, and really old. I can't take that. It's now just really annoying. Why can't I have some fine, honey-dipped honey dip check me out for once? Answer me that.

• Like 4

I often get checked out (and talked to) by older guys. But, they are always bad looking, and really old. I can't take that. It's now just really annoying. Why can't I have some fine, honey-dipped honey dip check me out for once? Answer me that.

I don't know!  You are younger than me, and I suspect that you look even younger than you are so those old dudes need to move along.  I also got checked out at ds14's bball camp by a dad there.  He was not attractive and probably near my age, but he was totally checking me out.  It has been a long time since I have been checked out, but this could be due to frumping around town with old yoga capris, men's tshirts and cheap flip flops.  Both times I got checked out I was nicely dressed with stellar hair.  That seems to be the key.

I can't tell you folks the last time I was checked out prior to these recent check outs.  A LONG time.  

• Like 2

I think men think that I'm younger than I am. Typically when I go out I wear yoga pants and a bright colored top with blue aviators. I frequently have feathers in my hair and light pink lip gloss. I get a lot more attention when I'm blonde which makes me look younger as well. I guess maybe if you were a little less mature. ;)

• Like 2

I don't know if I get checked out. I am so oblivious to those things. Except for the UPS guy. I know he checks me out. And he is horribly cute, too! He's bald, tan and has an incredible smile!

Yeah, we have a ... great UPS guy too. He doesn't check me out though, and that's ok. I was pregnant with my youngest at the same time his wife was pregnant with their 8th child. I met her once when they were at the store. I almost told her how much I love him and the packages he brings me, but thought that could be taken the wrong way...

• Like 4

((Renai))

My brain must really be gone. I saw hugs, and thought of my post of not getting attention from honey-dipped honey dip fine men, then remembered I said I have a headache. I really do. I guess I'm also missing a little attention in my life, lol!

• Like 3

Hope your headache is better and you're zipping along through homework. 

Oh, it's coming along swimmingly. I just have to read some portions of text to get some citations in there. Make it official and all. I was able to put in about dd's text-to-text connection of "Lentil" and My Little Pony. That alone should score points. :D

• Like 4