Menu

Lost things...

4ofus

There is a Rubbermaid bucket in our garage where dh tosses everything when he cleans out the car. It's probably in there. :laugh:

Or under the bed. Or on the closet shelf. Or behind my bedroom door. Because there's so much room back there we put a bookcase there and *everything* ends up stuffed in there or on there or between the bookcase and the wall. :rolleyes:

Put away with the seasonal items? If you have a Christmas tree box or wrapping paper box, etc., and have looked everywhere else...

Under the seat in the car?

In the rail of the bed? I once searched for a library book for three days, checking under the beds multiple times. It was caught in the rail:(

Around/behind the washer or dryer where it got tossed with the sweaty clothes he took off after practice?

We've lost all 3 copies of The Odyssey that my daughter needs for her lit class.  We didn't buy it because we knew we had it.

It's probably online, but not the translation her professor wanted them to read.

Oddly, her new best friend at college has the exact same problem -- 4 copies of The Odyssey "somewhere" in the house, but not a single one to be found.

It's almost as if they've all gone off to a retreat together.  Or are sailing around the world or something.

We've lost all 3 copies of The Odyssey that my daughter needs for her lit class.  We didn't buy it because we knew we had it.

It's probably online, but not the translation her professor wanted them to read.

Oddly, her new best friend at college has the exact same problem -- 4 copies of The Odyssey "somewhere" in the house, but not a single one to be found.

It's almost as if they've all gone off to a retreat together.  Or are sailing around the world or something.

*Tangent alert*

If they are not on the bookshelf, I think that speaks to quality of the book, no?  If it wasn't worth reading, it would still be on the bookshelf.

Update!!

Fencing foil found!!

It was at co-op the whole time. DS searched the obvious places there (gym, storage closet, lost & found, asked classmates & instructor), but he never went to the co-op or church staff. Yesterday one of his friends asked him if he'd checked with the staff & he responded, "um, huh?" Haha. Friend walked away for 2 minutes & came back with the foil. HE knew the right people to ask :).