Menu

Anyone want to play

crayola clay

contruction paper

brown yarn

I don't think I've ever had a regular household use for construction paper, but I definitely have been eyeing the clay (which is for making a monk's cross) and thinking that I could transform skinny PVC pipe into curtain rods with it. Not this month, though -- we need it for school.

I don't think I've ever had a regular household use for construction paper, but I definitely have been eyeing the clay (which is for making a monk's cross) and thinking that I could transform skinny PVC pipe into curtain rods with it. Not this month, though -- we need it for school.

Gasp! You're brilliant!!! I can use PVC pipe for curtain rods!!!!!

What would you do with the clay wrt the rods, though? I'm trying to decorate a house on the way cheap, here.

You were so close, Parrothead. We drink rice milk around here. I bought regular ol' cows milk for cleaning the "woad" off the kids' skin after we dress up like Celts.

I can't wait to see the pictures.

My guess was a toss up between the dish soap and the milk. I've had to use both for projects here, and I couldn't put them together with anything else. I was thinking science more than history though. But I would have never known that milk will clean up "woad" even if I had been in history mode. :lol:

Enjoy your project/parade!

Gasp! You're brilliant!!! I can use PVC pipe for curtain rods!!!!!

What would you do with the clay wrt the rods, though? I'm trying to decorate a house on the way cheap, here.

Brett brought home a bunch of plastic pipe a few months ago for no particular reason. It says 1/2" all over it even though it's a little bit bigger. I have no idea how much this stuff costs. He saw it somewhere and thought I might be able to do a project with it.

First, I'd cut it to the width of my windows or a little bigger, the right width to place on brackets. Then I'd wrap a thin layer of clay around each edge (just the part that would show out of the end of the curtains). I'd add some clay to the very edge and shape it into a leaf or whatever goes with the decor in the room. If you're not artistically inclined, you could make a globular shape and paint stripes on it. I'm not sure whether or not the clay would remain stuck to the pipe after drying, so I'd want to test one edge first. If it does stick to the pipe, I'd have to make one cap removable.