Menu

am I weird...or will I regret...

ProudGrandma

last year we remodeled our downstairs bathroom and I like the changes so much, I want to redo our upstaris bathroom in a similar fashion.  (buying the same vanity, mirror, sink, floor).  I would change it up some by getting a different shower curtain and using a different color scheme.

what do you think???

That sounds like something I would totally do.  You found what you like and it works in your house..why start from scratch and try to find new stuff when you already know you like what you have downstairs?

It seems so clear to me...but I am NOT anyone to look at for home dec advice.    

I actually like a house that has some continuity, some feeling that the rooms belong in the same house. I wouldn't want anything in a radically different style, even if I liked both styles. If they're the same fixtures, that's fine. If they're different but have a similar feel to them, that's fine too.

Other than members of your immediate family, how many people are going to see both bathrooms?  And of those people, how many are there to critique the decor?    :001_smile:

All the bathrooms in my home have the same style of everything.  The cabinets and floor match the kitchen cabinets and floor.  That's what the builder installed.  

Not weird. When we built this house I picked out the same cabinets, toilets, flooring, lights, etc. for both bathrooms.  (For one, it was near the end of building and I was SOOOO over making choices!!!)  However, the paint colors are completely different and with the layout being a bit different, they don't really look similar at all.